• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking MRT with big luggages - my experience

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you go to London, you will see it is completely normal. The Piccadilly tube trains to Heathrow are all full of people lugging tons of luggages. But in Sinkie land, people are a lot more materialistic I guess.

Got no logic leh. Got one chow UK ang moh, said Sinkee peasants who take MRT are poor and smelly.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hmmmm I heard a lot of good things about this "Airport Link" train. Very convenient for many travelers. Have not taken before because I stay away from downtown.

From the postings, it can be derived that Joetys,

1. Got chauffeur in BKK, so never take train

2. Buy air ticket to SGP so that he has a chance to experience taking the MRT :biggrin:

Maciam like ancient time, the emperor boring of the life in the palace, so sneaked out to play dressed as peasant :p

Last edited:

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies always like to give you those kind of stares which i sibei buaytahan, especially if you carry alot of things on to the train. this is so unlike the people when i was in overseas.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the postings, it can be derived that Joetys,

1. Got chauffeur in BKK, so never take train

2. Buy air ticket to SGP so that he has a chance to experience taking the MRT :biggrin:

Maciam like ancient time, the emperor boring of the life in the palace, so sneaked out to play dressed as peasant :p

What's your point here? :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmmmm I heard a lot of good things about this "Airport Link" train. Very convenient for many travelers. Have not taken before because I stay away from downtown.

I often take the MRT to Changi because I have the luxury of time.:smile: It is slow because I have to switch trains twice at City Hall & Tanah Merah.
It's not a problem when I am travelling light e.g. when I have only 1 backpack but if I have more luggage or travelling with others I would take a taxi.

I have taken the trains at Suvarnabhumi, the "express" MRT ride to Phyatai & it is fast because the "express" train stops only at Asoka & Phyatai stations. Unlike the non-express service which stops at all the stations.
However when I am returning to the airport it is more convenient to just take a taxi

Those considering taking the train, you will need to switch to the main MRT line. The Phyai station is easier because it is more pedestrian friendly, nearby to the other station. The Asoka station might be closer to places like Sukhamvit but you have to walk further to the Asoka line.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldnt take mrt to airport if i had a lot of luggage with me.....I only do it if I have one cabin bag.

No ne gives me any weird looks...i dont think theyre in a position to do that.....fckin mrt peasants.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

There is one way to solve this problem of being looked down by sinkies. I always attempt to do it when I am taking mrt home after a tour with big luggage. Pretend to be a foreigner from western country returning home.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
There is one way to solve this problem of being looked down by sinkies. I always attempt to do it when I am taking mrt home after a tour with big luggage. Pretend to be a foreigner from western country returning home.:biggrin:

Do you dye your hair, put on your angmo facemask and give yourself Two English Names? :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's okay to carry luggage on board the MRT.

What gets me on my nerves are folks who push their baby prams on board the MRT trains, blocking train doors.

Yes, Ah Nehs (and some Tiongs), I'm talking about you. You would even push a baby pram round and round a stadium and up the Bukit Timah Hill. You people are utter morons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can break the ice if you ask for help. you will be surprised those stares may turn into smiles if you say "tolong." :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
were ur luggage blocking ze way? ... sum ppl anyhow throw their luggage wifout considering ze inconvenience of others ... ur backpack on ur back may oso b rubbing against others wifout ur realising it ...

No I am pretty considerate not to block anyone, stacking smaller luggage over larger and backpack on my lap.

It's normal in many other countries. But in Sinkieland, people will use 3 corner eyes to look at you. That's why my Master tonychat stays away from Sinkies.

Bingo you are so smart, 三角眼. Was looking for this word. Yes why sinkies so like that. Guess your master has always been right.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a crowded train, pram pushing morons, bulky backpack carriers and those pushing heavy luggage/trolleys are definitely being inconsiderate and a nuisance to fellow passengers. For the sake of not inconveniencing others, they should board the train during non-peak hours when trains are less crowded. Air passengers who could afford to spend a few hundred dollars or more for flight tickets, can definitely afford a cab to/from the airport if their travel times coincide with MRT peak periods.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
were ur luggage blocking ze way? ... sum ppl anyhow throw their luggage wifout considering ze inconvenience of others ... ur backpack on ur back may oso b rubbing against others wifout ur realising it ...

If you go to London, you will see it is completely normal. The Piccadilly tube trains to Heathrow are all full of people lugging tons of luggages. But in Sinkie land, people are a lot more materialistic I guess.

Yes and my experience in Paris and Munich it's common and people don't give you the look.