• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking MRT with big luggages - my experience

sethdemitri

Alfrescian
Loyal
U either dont take MRT or complain for the sake of complaining. Best example I can give U is tanjong Pagar evening peak. Waiting 2 trains used to be common for me, nowadays I can get onto the first train 90% of the time. Wait time also decrease as well as noticable decrease in those stop start occurrence during rides

Just to prove my point, when was the last time U've seen one of those new photos of ridiculous packed MRT station. It doesnt happen now except for breakdowns and last year U can count the major ones in 1 hand. MRT have apps now informing U of breakdown

U seriously need to stop believing in stupid bullshit on the internet

So late already still dreaming? Wake up lah!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you tanakow and Cestbon who are most constructive here. The rest of you come to jeeseow can FUCK OFF from my thread.

Anyway coming back to the real discussion I am asking if anyone of us here in this forum thinks Singaporeans by general will have a tendency to look down on people who carry luggages on MRT because they cannot even afford to take taxi.

hi there

1. joe, honest it is practically alright travelling bulky items on the train.
2. but do give a thought not to "inconvenience" or cause obstruction to the exit.
3. it is fine by me:biggrin:
4. there is nothing wrong or being poor taking the train mah.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since saw kicked out? You forgot your medication today?

Char_Azn is right really the frequency of breakdowns had really improved, more breakdowns not improve the frequency meh? Sinkies are really fucked big.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hi there

1. joe, honest it is practically alright travelling bulky items on the train.
2. but do give a thought not to "inconvenience" or cause obstruction to the exit.
3. it is fine by me:biggrin:
4. there is nothing wrong or being poor taking the train mah.

hi there

1. streetsmart73, honest and rest assured I did not inconvenient anyone I siam everyone and not to obstruct anyone
2. thank you for your assurance buddy

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

Sinkees are sua ku lah ...despite sinkapore's claim to be an international city. People do it all the time in London, Shanghai, Beijing ...why pay RMB280 for a cab to downtown Shanghai when you can get there for RMB7?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls loh those joker talk like breakdown of this magnitude is everyday occurrence. Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since Saw got kicked out

It is like every month there are two to three breakdowns at the minimum. I don't call that improvement.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees are sua ku lah ...despite sinkapore's claim to be an international city. People do it all the time in London, Shanghai, Beijing ...why pay RMB280 for a cab to downtown Shanghai when you can get there for RMB7?

east asians, and sinkies in particular, have that scowling look with the cb face stare. the corner eye stare or peek is very common as a result of fear, suspicion and getting rear-ended and shafted by the loving pap and dear leader for too long. a personal wall or barrier is built up as a protective mechanism and response to the decades of arsehole abuse. if we look deep enough into the sinkie psyche, it's not a profile of an aggressive perpetrator but one of a helpless victim. can't blame the sinkie "superficial" behavior. it does not truly portray the real sinkie. deep inside is actually a wonderful person of generosity and consideration. :biggrin:

when i make the effort to break the ice and strike up a conversation with sinkie mrt riders, the initial dialogue is slow and suspicious, but when they figure out you're sincere, open and not a nutcase, the pouring out of pent-up sob stories and emotion akin to one being shafted in the arse daily start to flow like soft shit at first, then turn into a torrent of diarrhea. every sinkie mrt rider has a story to tell, and sometimes i wished i kept my mouth shut, as some diarrhea was just too much...to the point of tmi. please sympathize with sinkies and do not accuse them unnecessarily. they have a lot on their plate but will lend a hand if we humble ourselves and show them our arseholes have abusive abrasions too. mine was from too much constipation in the past (not from the pap), but after much consumption of acidophilus capsules and water, it's happy now with constant production of rectal mucus. :o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
east asians, and sinkies in particular, have that scowling look with the cb face stare. the corner eye stare or peek is very common as a result of fear, suspicion and getting rear-ended and shafted by the loving pap and dear leader for too long. a personal wall or barrier is built up as a protective mechanism and response to the decades of arsehole abuse. if we look deep enough into the sinkie psyche, it's not a profile of an aggressive perpetrator but one of a helpless victim. can't blame the sinkie "superficial" behavior. it does not truly portray the real sinkie. deep inside is actually a wonderful person of generosity and consideration. :biggrin:

when i make the effort to break the ice and strike up a conversation with sinkie mrt riders, the initial dialogue is slow and suspicious, but when they figure out you're sincere, open and not a nutcase, the pouring out of pent-up sob stories and emotion akin to one being shafted in the arse daily start to flow like soft shit at first, then turn into a torrent of diarrhea. every sinkie mrt rider has a story to tell, and sometimes i wished i kept my mouth shut, as some diarrhea was just too much...to the point of tmi. please sympathize with sinkies and do not accuse them unnecessarily. they have a lot on their plate but will lend a hand if we humble ourselves and show them our arseholes have abusive abrasions too. mine was from too much constipation in the past (not from the pap), but after much consumption of acidophilus capsules and water, it's happy now with constant production of rectal mucus. :o

Sounds like a bunch of shit to me, very cheem, sitting on my toilet bowl reading them 6 times still liah boh kiew.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore seriously need a dedicated airport line from airport to city, hk kl Bkk Shanghai Tokyo all has it. SG with ambition to b tourist Hun nid to build it m not stupid things like jewel.

And we nid downtown chk in .

I took airport express of Bkk hk kl all super fast convenient n fuss free.

Only gripe I have is for Bkk something wrong with their train doors they closed w a loud bang which made everyone jump

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anyway this incident reminded me of that Mitsubishi Lancer people so howlian he has four wheels look down on others.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

Joe be careful when you make such comments here.... Some will comes screaming at you to say that you are pro-foreigners and make Singapore (sinkies) look bad.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

right on bro!...i often take the train from bishan to changi with 1+1 luggages...only $1.88,
there's nothing to feel cheap, once u r used to it...and for once i agree with zorro...it's cheaper, faster, better

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can do it I dont mind, as long as it is not an Ah Neh. I have seen a couple of young female Ah Nehs who just left the luggage all over the side of the door that does not open and allowed the bags to go sloshing around the floor.

But must be zhi dong lah. Too many and too big take a taxi better. Dont be like the Ah Nehs - everything also take advantage, cheapskate.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe be careful when you make such comments here.... Some will comes screaming at you to say that you are pro-foreigners and make Singapore (sinkies) look bad.

Yes Sir! Anyway one day I kenna this three corner eye treatment from sinkies in MRT again I'll shout at them, "kua simi lanjiao, lumpeh wu Mitsubishi Lancer at home li wu boh?"

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to prove my point, when was the last time U've seen one of those new photos of ridiculous packed MRT station. It doesnt happen now except for breakdowns and last year U can count the major ones in 1 hand.

You sure? I should have read your post this morning and showed you but I'm confident I can take a new photo any day. Perhaps people are tired of taking such photos, that doesn't mean it happens no more.

MRT have apps now informing U of breakdown

Yes and I had to put it to silent mode this week.

U seriously need to stop believing in stupid bullshit on the internet

Not the net. Even the government / SMRT concedes that 77 new trains will only come in 2016 .