• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking MRT with big luggages - my experience

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be convenient to you but not to others. If it is too bulky, take alternative transport. Otherwise what if someone decides to carry a mattress using the train?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

Nothing wrong. Just that in Sinkie land mindset have problem.

Next time just call me, I'll pick you up in my kap kia lah :biggrin:

How u Kupkia will manage to carry big luggage plus a passenger??? Later someone stomp it and sent to LTA. Nothing wrong because LTA law never said anything regard one passenger plus luggage on Kupkia.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How u Kupkia will manage to carry big luggage plus a passenger??? Later someone stomp it and sent to LTA. Nothing wrong because LTA law never said anything regard one passenger plus luggage on Kupkia.

sp7y46.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It may be convenient to you but not to others. If it is too bulky, take alternative transport. Otherwise what if someone decides to carry a mattress using the train?

Nothing wrong. Just that in Sinkie land mindset have problem.

Thank you tanakow and Cestbon who are most constructive here. The rest of you come to jeeseow can FUCK OFF from my thread.

Anyway coming back to the real discussion I am asking if anyone of us here in this forum thinks Singaporeans by general will have a tendency to look down on people who carry luggages on MRT because they cannot even afford to take taxi.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the MRT from Suvarnabhumi Airport to central Bangkok is more convenient and less crowded than our SMRT.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
the MRT from Suvarnabhumi Airport to central Bangkok is more convenient and less crowded than our SMRT.

Hmmmm I heard a lot of good things about this "Airport Link" train. Very convenient for many travelers. Have not taken before because I stay away from downtown.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also take MRT/Bus with a middle size luggage. Who cares what other people think. Taxi fares are exorbitant coming from the airport.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack ...
were ur luggage blocking ze way? ... sum ppl anyhow throw their luggage wifout considering ze inconvenience of others ... ur backpack on ur back may oso b rubbing against others wifout ur realising it ...

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's normal in many other countries. But in Sinkieland, people will use 3 corner eyes to look at you. That's why my Master tonychat stays away from Sinkies.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go to London, you will see it is completely normal. The Piccadilly tube trains to Heathrow are all full of people lugging tons of luggages. But in Sinkie land, people are a lot more materialistic I guess.