• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Taiwan] - Taiwanese Chinese man threatens to beat up American Chinese man for speaking American-accented English in Taiwan

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i been living in Australia for 10 years and i still speak broken singlish english.
i met sgrean who study here for 2 years and they trying to talk like Aussie i realy wanted to laugh out loud but i control myself.
they never realise how funny they sound when they trying talk Aussie accent. sometime i cannot tahan i will keep on blinking and smile lol.

my daughter 6 year old was born in Australia and goes to Australian school and her speech is like Aussie :smile:
Maybe you did not mix so much with locals.

John Ibrahim

Alfrescian
Loyal
i been living in Australia for 10 years and i still speak broken singlish english.
i met sgrean who study here for 2 years and they trying to talk like Aussie i realy wanted to laugh out loud but i control myself.
they never realise how funny they sound when they trying talk Aussie accent. sometime i cannot tahan i will keep on blinking and smile lol.

my daughter 6 year old was born in Australia and goes to Australian school and her speech is like Aussie :smile:

Its all about the usage of words, sentence structure and the pronunciation

It is easy to see the difference if you have two kids.

Put one in an Australian/American/British school and another in a sgrean school and you can see the difference

Most Sgreans are never taught the proper or correct standard (Aus/Brit/US), tend to over do it and thus sound weird.......

The same way how Taiwanese/Fujianese (Xiamen) people view Sgreans' Hokkien especially the younger generation

broken hokkien, low vocab, poor pronunciation, one word can represent 10 things/meaning, and etc.....very very simplified

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its all about the usage of words, sentence structure and the pronunciation

It is easy to see the difference if you have two kids.

Put one in an Australian/American/British school and another in a sgrean school and you can see the difference

Most Sgreans are never taught the proper or correct standard (Aus/Brit/US), tend to over do it and thus sound weird.......

The same way how Taiwanese/Fujianese (Xiamen) people view Sgreans' Hokkien especially the younger generation

broken hokkien, low vocab, poor pronunciation, one word can represent 10 things/meaning, and etc.....very very simplified

Totally agree with u

John Ibrahim

Alfrescian
Loyal
i mixed with local bro just that i dont want sound funny if i talk aussie accent i dont want to sound fake as long as they understand what i saying that more important :smile:

As long as they can understand you that should be fine....

Its easier to adapt and learn when one is younger

For example a 10yo kid vs a 22, 32 or 42 yo adult

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This braggart m&d is getting the heat to fuck next time... Bragging to his Muslim m&ds he is doing well his children has Ozzie ascent...

Typical m&d are big braggart when doing better than his mailroom m&ds.