• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taiwan also have lots of PRC tourists!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just came back from a vacation in Taiwan. I have not been there for almost 20 years.

This time round, I see PRCs everywhere. Wherever they are, you can hear them KPKB and talk as if they are screaming at each other. Our tour guide says that the locals really dislikes the PRCs, especially those in Central and South Taiwan.

Wherever I go, if I speak to the locals (hawkers, shop keepers, stall holder, hotel staff, etc...) when I started speaking a few words of Mandarin to them, at first they would think that I am PRC and start showing me that attitude!! After a few sentences, then they reckon that I am not PRC and they then sound friendlier.

So at some point, I just stop speaking Mandarin to those hotel staff, shop keepers, stall holders and I either speak Hokkien or English!! I just don't want to see local giving me that unfriendly look!

That is how bad the situation is in Taiwan toward the PRCs.

Anyway, Taiwan is a nice place and for bros who have not been there, you should go and have a look.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from a vacation in Taiwan. I have not been there for almost 20 years.

This time round, I see PRCs everywhere. Wherever they are, you can hear them KPKB and talk as if they are screaming at each other. Our tour guide says that the locals really dislikes the PRCs, especially those in Central and South Taiwan.

Wherever I go, if I speak to the locals (hawkers, shop keepers, stall holder, hotel staff, etc...) when I started speaking a few words of Mandarin to them, at first they would think that I am PRC and start showing me that attitude!! After a few sentences, then they reckon that I am not PRC and they then sound friendlier.

So at some point, I just stop speaking Mandarin to those hotel staff, shop keepers, stall holders and I either speak Hokkien or English!! I just don't want to see local giving me that unfriendly look!

That is how bad the situation is in Taiwan toward the PRCs.

Anyway, Taiwan is a nice place and for bros who have not been there, you should go and have a look.
Brother,you speak hokkien to them,and you get VIP treatment.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just came back from Korea, tons of them as well. Koreans now have a lot of staff who are PRC FTs or at least able to speak some mandarin as well. The rise of China can definitely be felt in that part of the world.

If U want to avoid them, go Japan. They are boycotting Japan right now. Used to see them everywhere in Jipun as well

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
welcome back bro 69...hope you enjoyed your taiwan holidays..

i agree with you about the " big road " tourists...they are loud, demanding and very unreasonable...many taiwanese hate them...but again, they come with massive $$$$ and they buy everything....!!! i buy by cartons...and those taiwanese retailers are laughing all the way to the bank...good for business.but bad for the heart and the pride of the taiwanese..

cheers and have a wonderful weekend:smile:

DogVaderIskopiuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

i agree with you about the " big road " tourists...they are loud, demanding and very unreasonable...many taiwanese hate them...but again, they come with massive $$$$ and they buy everything....!!! i buy by cartons...and those taiwanese retailers are laughing all the way to the bank...good for business.but bad for the heart and the pride of the taiwanese..

Can u both do a 69? :biggrin:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there last month. Whole fucking island is filled with PRCs. I took a boat tour in Sun Moon Lake and the captain was telling jokes and all the outrageous behaviors of these PRCs throughout the tour. The Taiwanese also thought I'm a PRC and some did become more friendly when I told them I from Singapore. Some small stall holders might give PRCs the attitude but generally the shops are more than happy to serve the PRCs because they can ketuk them. PRC is the biggest tourist group and biggest spenders now. Things are much more expensive now because of these PRCs.

Taiwan is still a nice place and the people are generally very friendly. However one local tour guide was telling me that if you want to visit Taiwan, better do it fast before the government lift the restrictions on the number of PRCs tourisits in a few years time. By then the place will be filled with PRCs, the natural environment will be destroyed by them as well.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brother,you speak hokkien to them,and you get VIP treatment.

My Hokkien is only so so cos I not a Hokkien. Anyway, in Singapore, we speak Xiamen Hokkien, whereas the Taiwanese speaks 闽南语, so is a bit different.

However you are correct. The folks are friendlier whenever I speak Hokkien.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, they call the "Big Road" tourist 路客。 They are damn annoying. KPKB whenever they go, cut queue, pushing here and there. Sian!

You have a good weekend too.

DogVader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arf Arf, welcome back sir. Thank you for helping me out when MBSSLUT banned me. Anyway, I have taken revenge and banned him subsequently.

I still do not understand why he banned me, since me Vader is only a Dog. A dog that does nothing but bark on the internet!! Arf Arf!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arf Arf, welcome back sir. Thank you for helping me out when MBSSLUT banned me. Anyway, I have taken revenge and banned him subsequently.

I still do not understand why he banned me, since me Vader is only a Dog. A dog that does nothing but bark on the internet!! Arf Arf!!

I remember. That chump also banned me. Anyway I had limited access to the internet for this week....

Good dog...

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I just came back from Korea, tons of them as well. Koreans now have a lot of staff who are PRC FTs or at least able to speak some mandarin as well. The rise of China can definitely be felt in that part of the world.

If U want to avoid them, go Japan. They are boycotting Japan right now. Used to see them everywhere in Jipun as well

OK next year, my vacation will be in Japan.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our mandarin don't have the mainland accent so people there wouldn't have any problem differentiating. In any case our dress sense and behavior are different from mainlander. In general the people there are surprise that we can converse in Taiwanese aka hokkien. And yes I do get extra serving by conversing in hokkien with them. Maybe they see us a distance relative since our ancestors were from fujian. That what the group of Taiwanese i met in Hong Kong think when i told them I am a minanese aka hokkien.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our mandarin don't have the mainland accent so people there wouldn't have any problem differentiating. .

It is true, if we get a chance to speak a new sentences. However, if we only speak a few words of Mandarin, like "how much", "where is the MRT station", etc they can't tell the difference yet.

MBSSLUTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So rude and ungrateful! :oIo::oIo::oIo: