• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SYT Mediacorp Superstar Chen Yixin, 23, Buys Volkswagen Car! Old Fart Dad Edmund Teach Her How To Handle Asshole Samster Drivers!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
chen_yixin_beetle_1.jpg

Singaporean actress Chen Yixin, 23, revealed in an Instagram Story on Aug 21 that she has just bought her first car: A gorgeous white Volkswagen Beetle.

While Yixin declined to share how much the car cost, she gamely admitted to 8days.sg that it “definitely took a huge sum” of her savings.

“But I guess this is where my priorities lie, at this time in my life,” she said.

Yixin added: “It’s been very empowering and just very freeing to know that I can just go to places at my own time and at my own target and bring a lot of things around. It’s been so, so, so, convenient, especially in my line of work.”

The actress, who just got her licence a month ago, revealed that her mother, Xiang Yun, had encouraged her to get her licence as soon as possible.

“I procrastinated for quite a while, (but) recently I just bit the bullet and got my licence and with that, I immediately went to get my dream car,” she said.

chen_yixin_beetle_parked.jpg

So why the Volkswagen Beetle?

Yixin said she first fell in love with this model after watching the 2005 film Herbie: Fully Loaded on Disney Channel as a child.

The film starred Lindsay Lohan and a sentient Volkswagen Beetle named Herbie. Basically a live-action Lightning McQueen, if you get what we mean.

Apart from having a sunroof (something that Yixin’s always wanted as well), the car also has wheels that are modelled after Herbie’s in the movie. So yes, you can say it's a perfect fit for Yixin.

“My family and boyfriend (local singer-actor Gavin Teo) were very, very involved in the buying process. My dad (former actor Edmund Chen) especially, he accompanied me to so many dealers to test drive it with me and he was very assured to know that I chose this car,” Yixin shared.

She went on to reveal some driving advice her family gave her, particularly when it comes to dealing with other drivers.

“They advised me to always be very slow and steady (and to not) care if any cars are honking at me or being mean towards me,” said Yixin, who has to display the ‘triangle plate’ or the probation plate on her car for the next 12 months as a new driver.

“(They told me:smile: ‘You have the privilege of having the triangle plate, so make good use of it. Be slow, be steady and focused. There are going to be rude and impatient people on the road but know your rules and your rights, stay in your lane,’ and that’s about it,” Yixin said.

So has she experienced any aggressive or rude drivers on the road yet? The answer, unfortunately, is yes.

“I have met a few aggressive drivers, where they already know that I’m a triangle plate but they drive really close to me, even though I’m on the last lane. Or when I’m already indicating that I want to filter out, they still purposefully speed up to not let me change lanes, I think that’s so frustrating,” she shared.

But well, we guess that’s part and parcel of driving in Singapore.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/entertainment/chen-yixin-first-car-volkswagen-beetle-369616

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, her VW will be spending more time in the workshop than for her own use. Furthermore, its depreciation is even faster than the toilet paper. A very foolish decision.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Is it wrong of me if I am lusting after a 23-year old?:inlove: The same way I used to lust after her mother? :biggrin:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
chen_yixin_beetle_1.jpg

Singaporean actress Chen Yixin, 23, revealed in an Instagram Story on Aug 21 that she has just bought her first car: A gorgeous white Volkswagen Beetle.

While Yixin declined to share how much the car cost, she gamely admitted to 8days.sg that it “definitely took a huge sum” of her savings.

“But I guess this is where my priorities lie, at this time in my life,” she said.

Yixin added: “It’s been very empowering and just very freeing to know that I can just go to places at my own time and at my own target and bring a lot of things around. It’s been so, so, so, convenient, especially in my line of work.”

The actress, who just got her licence a month ago, revealed that her mother, Xiang Yun, had encouraged her to get her licence as soon as possible.

“I procrastinated for quite a while, (but) recently I just bit the bullet and got my licence and with that, I immediately went to get my dream car,” she said.

Yixin said she first fell in love with this model after watching the 2005 film Herbie: Fully Loaded on Disney Channel as a child.

The film starred Lindsay Lohan and a sentient Volkswagen Beetle named Herbie. Basically a live-action Lightning McQueen, if you get what we mean.

Apart from having a sunroof (something that Yixin’s always wanted as well), the car also has wheels that are modelled after Herbie’s in the movie. So yes, you can say it's a perfect fit for Yixin.

“My family and boyfriend (local singer-actor Gavin Teo) were very, very involved in the buying process. My dad (former actor Edmund Chen) especially, he accompanied me to so many dealers to test drive it with me and he was very assured to know that I chose this car,” Yixin shared.

She went on to reveal some driving advice her family gave her, particularly when it comes to dealing with other drivers.

“They advised me to always be very slow and steady (and to not) care if any cars are honking at me or being mean towards me,” said Yixin, who has to display the ‘triangle plate’ or the probation plate on her car for the next 12 months as a new driver.

“(They told me:smile: ‘You have the privilege of having the triangle plate, so make good use of it. Be slow, be steady and focused. There are going to be rude and impatient people on the road but know your rules and your rights, stay in your lane,’ and that’s about it,” Yixin said.

So has she experienced any aggressive or rude drivers on the road yet? The answer, unfortunately, is yes.

“I have met a few aggressive drivers, where they already know that I’m a triangle plate but they drive really close to me, even though I’m on the last lane. Or when I’m already indicating that I want to filter out, they still purposefully speed up to not let me change lanes, I think that’s so frustrating,” she shared.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/entertainment/chen-yixin-first-car-volkswagen-beetle-369616
Why her head always crooked one sai?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
chen_yixin_beetle_1.jpg

She should consult Aunty Koh on how to drive and also fuck in the car.