• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SYLVIA LIM's Speech SHAMING MINISTERS. Watch ALL Their GUILTY Faces

chobolan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a CBL post - cho bo lan.

Agreed.....many cho bo lans in civil service.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Heng ah you both did not link it together.
biggrin.gif

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the people change ? Will they become disillusioned ? Will they take side with the opposition ? If the answer is "no", I still think it was a pointless move. I must admit it was a great speech. But, will it become another anti-PAP forum or another LKY bashing posting ?

I prefer muzzles to muzzles. Demonstration ? Hard. Just bring in the foreign troops.

[video=youtube;5E6AKbh7HH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E6AKbh7HH8[/video]

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hail Mammon, vote for the PAP.

THIS VIDEO SHOULD BE WATCHED IN FULL OVER AND OVER AGAIN...ESPECIALLY BEFORE YOU GO AND CAST YOUR VOTES. WATCH THE GUILTY FACES DURING HER SPEECH HERE....

Hail Mammon, vote for the PAP.
A1Team said:
Opposition wants GRC for wrong reasons: Wong Kan Seng
The deputy prime minister urged Singaporeans not to vote for the sake of having more opposition and back the stronger team that can serve them better. -AsiaOne
In 2006GE, PM Lee did say that if just 10 opposition members entered parliament, he would "...spend all my time thinking what's the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week's problem and forget about next year's challenges?.. " ('PM Lee says countries worldwide respect and admire Singapore's proven system')

Raising his own salary less than 1 year later just to enunciate this point [ST Pict].

I wonder, besides now having to pay Ministers not to be corrupt ('Singapore ministers set for million-dollar pay hike'), do we still also have to maintain our dear PM's sanity by keeping away from him, any possible opposition politicians in parliament (i.e. restrict the number of opposition members in parliament to 9 or less) as he so insists?

Will demands upon citizens to accept the PAP's free-reign to contravene statutory/ constitutional rules- 'Town Council Act (CAP 329A) states clearly that Govt must work with Town Councils (run by MPs) to implement LUP', the blatant misappropriation of public funds- ('How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain', 'Upgrading should be a separate issue from the General Election'), the imposition of double standards on the conduct of the civil service '‘Adviser over MP’ raises many questions'[alt link] ever be relieved/ justified?

There can only be one reason for this degenerate state of moral political leadership-- the unbridled urge to financially profit at all cost.

Singaporeans are as complicit as the PAP in the state run worship of Mammon (the profligate pursuit of prosperity).

Majulah Singapura, Onward Singapore, the future is one of self-accomplished state of eternal perdition.

Pls see (related):
The story of 'prosperity':
'How long can an economy, sustained on steroids last?' [forum] and 'IBM
and the Holocaust'
(2001) by Edwin Black/ Video [The Corporation (19/23) @1:45]

They courted with Mammon, god of 'prosperity' in the 1930s (Pict source- 'Probing IBM’s Nazi connection'):

And this was the tragic result of this union with 'prosperity' [Video@1m25s]:

Majulah Singapura.
Repent Singaporeans, repent.
Rgds
B.C.

~ "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"-- Matthew 25:40 (NIV)

End-notes/ References:
- 'PM Lee says countries worldwide respect and admire Singapore's proven system': "Suppose you had 10, 15, 20 opposition members in Parliament...I'm going to spend all my time thinking what's the right way to fix them, to buy my supporters votes, how can I solve this week's problem and forget about next year's challenges?.. " [CNA:03May2006][YouTube/@1m10s]
- 'Singapore ministers set for million-dollar pay hike': "...'If we don't do that ... corruption will set in and we will become like many other countries,' Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean was quoted as saying in the Straits Times last week." [Reuters5Apr2007]
- 'Town Council Act (CAP 329A) states clearly that Govt must work with Town Councils (run by MPs) to implement LUP': "It is a joke that for some strange reasons or another, Mr Shanmugan’s ministerial colleague has refused to obey the Town Councils Act by choosing not to work with Hougang Town Council and even has the audacity to TWIST the facts by claiming that 'it is the role of the grassroots advisers to implement the LUP' through his press secretary when it was stated NOWHERE in the Town Councils Act that the LUP has to be carried out by the grassroots advisers! From beginning to end, there was no mention of the words 'Grassroots advisers', 'People Association' or 'PAP losing candidates' and so how did Mr Eric Low come into the picture at all? " [TR, 29Oct2009][alt link]
- 'How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain': "The People’s Association (PA), ..Like all other stat boards, it receives a yearly grant from the government to run its programmes and cover operational costs. .. It spent a total of $320 million last year.However unlike most stat boards, whose chairmen are usually the permanent secretary of the parent ministry or some other senior civil servant, PA’s chairman is none other than the Prime Minister [pict]. .. No other public sector board in Singapore has so many “Men in White” on it..." [G Giam, 10Oct2009].
- 'Upgrading should be a separate issue from the General Election': "We are concerned about the linking of public housing upgrading and estate renewal programmes to electoral support for the PAP in a constituency. The prioritization of upgrading programmes should be based on sound criteria and be kept a separate issue from the general election.." [petitiononline.com]
- '‘Adviser over MP’ raises many questions': "PAP MPs are appointed as advisers to the grassroots organisations in their wards by the People’s Association (PA). In the two opposition wards, the PA picked the PAP candidates who contested but lost in the wards in the last two polls as the grassroots advisers." [ST, 22Oct2009][alt link]

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's still the ministar for trade and industry and mp for west coast grc, at least for now.

I heard from Telok Blangah relatives and old neighbours alike this Teochew ah chek quite popular leh; at least in his familiar turf. He still Karaoke with the folks there!

jw5

Loyal
I heard from Telok Blangah relatives and old neighbours alike this Teochew ah chek quite popular leh; at least in his familiar turf. He still Karaoke with the folks there!

As long as he doesn't talk to the women about their hairdoes, he should be quite popular. :biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
bump...this excellent vid appears to be going viral...kudos to sylvia:cool:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2VphEeknvpU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aHhaRzzQ-7o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adolf is losing ground ?

Yup ! Seen all of them including Dr. Chee dishing out difficult to swallow stuff at the PAP candidate. The 'crowd' was rowdy too, it gave him encouragement and strength to fight fascist.

Anyone that speaks for democracy is an allied force, those that speaks evil of it is our enemy. Just get rid of the fascist machinery which tries to enslave the people.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
692sq km of Singapore land divided by 87 MP, Ministers = 7.95sq km to one MP or Minister.
Do we really need one MP / Minister for every 8sq km??
This must a Guiness Book of World Record!