• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sylvia Lim lavishes generous praise on PAP in interview with Bloomberg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Sylvia Lim lavishes generous praise on PAP in interview with Bloomberg[/h]Posted by temasektimes on October 6, 2012
Workers Party Chairman Sylvia has heaped generous praise on the ruling PAP in an interview with international news agency Bloomberg to lend legitimacy to its autocratic rule.
Sylvia was so impressed with the PAP that one may be forgiven for thinking that she is its official spokeswoman.
“You have to give credit where credit is due….I think the PAP is very proactive in macro-economic issues and finding niches to make Singapore globally relevant and competitive,” she gushed.
This is not the first time Sylvia had boot-licked the PAP publicly. During the International Bar Association’s annual conference in 2008, Sylvia defended the PAP against criticisms of its laws, saying that they are absolutely ‘fair and just.’
Sylvia also revealed that the Workers Party is still ‘not ready’ to challenge the PAP:
“While we have made progress in attracting new blood, we do not have the critical mass in terms of forming a cabinet at this point.”
Workers Party Chief Low Thia Kiang had earlier proclaimed that his party will not be able to challenge the PAP for the ‘next 50 years’ or so.
In contrast, a new opposition party in the former Soviet Republic of Georgia – ‘Georgian Dream’ won the parliamentary election in its first attempt last week.
Singaporeans yearning for real change and reform should not pin their hopes on the Workers Party which seem more obsessed with gaining the PAP’s recognition than challenging its political hegemony.
In the aftermath of the General Election last year, newly minted WP MP Pritam Singh declared the intention of WP to form a coalition party with the PAP:
“If the PAP fails to win a majority in the next election, the Workers Party will form a coalition government with it (to keep it in power forever)”

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow...outright anti-WP artcile.

So glad TT has been treated as junk or else, we would really have a problem.

No wonder many had said that Singaporeans are politically immature, really obvious.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow...outright anti-WP artcile.

So glad TT has been treated as junk or else, we would really have a problem.

No wonder many had said that Singaporeans are politically immature, really obvious.

Do you have anything to say besides ad hominem? :confused:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Ong is still an active man,good for him,at least Ms Sylvia Lim and WP cann't make him bankrupt,LOL.

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
i met sylvia lim at a dinner last year. she was wearing a tight fitting blouse and pants. she is rather short but her boobs are huge! from the side, i saw a large lump on her chest and it was sagging. i.e. not pushed up.

T

TuaBui

i met sylvia lim at a dinner last year. she was wearing a tight fitting blouse and pants. she is rather short but her boobs are huge! from the side, i saw a large lump on her chest and it was sagging. i.e. not pushed up.

Yes Sir , you came from Tampa Florida to see her Boobs ???

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i've always thought that the Opposition could be fake..................still, i'll vote for them...............

even if Opposition field a team of cockroaches.................i'll vote for the bugs............

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is getting old

Are you a clone of tkz913 or that unbalancedmind or some new fake Oppo supporter?

[h=2]Sylvia Lim lavishes generous praise on PAP in interview with Bloomberg[/h]Posted by temasektimes on October 6, 2012
Workers Party Chairman Sylvia has heaped generous praise on the ruling PAP in an interview with international news agency Bloomberg to lend legitimacy to its autocratic rule.
Sylvia was so impressed with the PAP that one may be forgiven for thinking that she is its official spokeswoman.
“You have to give credit where credit is due….I think the PAP is very proactive in macro-economic issues and finding niches to make Singapore globally relevant and competitive,” she gushed.
This is not the first time Sylvia had boot-licked the PAP publicly. During the International Bar Association’s annual conference in 2008, Sylvia defended the PAP against criticisms of its laws, saying that they are absolutely ‘fair and just.’
Sylvia also revealed that the Workers Party is still ‘not ready’ to challenge the PAP:
“While we have made progress in attracting new blood, we do not have the critical mass in terms of forming a cabinet at this point.”

One would be forgiven to think that AL from TT is ranked 1540th in Freedom of the Press World Ranking

This is a classic example of selective reporting

Refer to a more complete report here
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=66187.15

If you can read properly, A+ Sylvia was actually using the economy performance as a contrast to the embarrassing state of social justice

In the aftermath of the General Election last year, newly minted WP MP Pritam Singh declared the intention of WP to form a coalition party with the PAP:
“If the PAP fails to win a majority in the next election, the Workers Party will form a coalition government with it (to keep it in power forever)”

More yawn

Go read up here
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=67427.3

Next time before you quote from that lame website, read and think for yourself first

Here's something that may shed some light on AL's motives
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=67427.1

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've always thought that the Opposition could be fake..................still, i'll vote for them...............

even if Opposition field a team of cockroaches.................i'll vote for the bugs............

When the White Scums hold absolute majority, any Oppo fake or not will need to behave in the best way to survive.

Once you have healthy competition that always, always benefits the consumers, then the true color of the Oppo will be revealed. That's when true pink Singaporeans can really choose the voice that best suits the individual

Until then, yes I'll also vote for a cockroach, a monkey or a used tissue paper just to deny one more White Scum

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she's being honest and telling it like what it is. the pap is truly proactive with the global macro economic picture. it's very long term, and it's for the greater good, not just for sg but the region as a whole. if regional economic conditions improve due to more stable political environments, better education, friendly training of future leaders (thus the many scholarship programs given to asean students in sg uiversities), more direct investments, more jobs, more liberal transfer and migration of workforce and skills, sg will ultimately benefit as an overall result.