• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Switching to motorbikes in Singapore ?

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far has anyone thought of switching to motorbikes for your daily commuting ?

If a car is too expensive to own and maintain, and squeezing with your fellow PRCs and kelings is a No No, then perhaps motorcycles will be the best alternative.

What say you?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

If a car is too expensive to own and maintain, and squeezing with your fellow PRCs and kelings is a No No, then perhaps motorcycles will be the best alternative.

What say you?

For me, motorcycles are more fun. But is stops there. Cars have more utility than bikes, are more comfortable, safer, etc.

In developed countries, motorbikes are for recreation. Sg is developed, ya?

I like bikes more than cars, but for all practical reasons (especially in Sg) - take public transport if the cost of car ownership/operation sacrifices too much of one's budget.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What say you?

get a honda vintage bike ...coollllllll:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
get a honda vintage bike ...coollllllll:smile:

Which model you referring to?

I'd love to restore either a CB750K or CB400F (70's of course). Would you (or anyone out there) know what happened to most of the ex-TP Nortons? The ROV used them before switch to the CB550s. Both were slow.

Cheers!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes unless you want to die or be cripple in an accident.

did you see all the PRC bus driver, singapore taxi driver, PRC cyclist on the road. Better to be late than dead.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed out the squeezing with PRCs and IIs.

No I didn't. They're (the Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs) are commuting too.

Bud, not too long ago I was a witness to an accident. Needless to say between a two-wheeler and a sedan car. I don't need to go into details as to which was worse-off. And it was a genuine accident. Neither side was wrong; one has to fix a bumper, the other has to fix a broken leg. And they were commuters.

I had a long conversation with a close and longtime friend after that and he told me urban city life is not good, and that our creator never meant it to be like that. I really don't know what to make of it, but better a hammer than a nail.

Take care.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'd love to restore either a CB750K or CB400F (70's of course). Would you (or anyone out there) know what happened to most of the ex-TP Nortons? The ROV used them before switch to the CB550s. Both were slow.

Cheers!

i have 1968 CA77 Dream 305cc and 1961 CA 100T Trail 50 (Trail Cub) :smile:

my friend got a 1970 CT70 Scrambler ...( i ask him to sell me but he dont want )

japan classic vintage bike market for collector is huge ...many model you cant find in singapore japan have it ...even some doctor also riding vintage bike to work instead of BMW ..singaporean doctor only know expensive cars ...

these are the bike i like :

honda 1967 CB450ko ....1968 bridgestone GTR 350 ....1966 HONDA CA160.

Last edited:

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queen...will you go joyride with me if i switch to a ducatti monster? i promised you alot of hard brakings...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QSD, we may disagree a lot on forum but I don't wish to see you take the risk. I don't advise motorcycling, 皮包铁,铁包皮 is a big difference between life and death, limb or limp, when accidents happen.

Motorcycling is more dangerous than simple bicycling because of the speed. Think thrice. No personal accident insurance policy cover motorcycling. They only cover 3rd party liability in case you knock someone or something. You should figure.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
QSD, we may disagree a lot on forum but I don't wish to see you take the risk. I don't advise motorcycling, 皮包铁,铁包皮 is a big difference between life and death, limb or limp, when accidents happen.

Motorcycling is more dangerous than simple bicycling because of the speed. Think thrice. No personal accident insurance policy cover motorcycling. They only cover 3rd party liability in case you knock someone or something. You should figure.

anything can happen on the road when you are not careful ..i have been riding on the road for nearly 17years including japan road . i never had accident before ...although now i own 3 cars but i still prefer the freedom feeling from my bike . your mindset still stuck in the 80s

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully understand the risk of riding a bike compared to a car.

Just curious. How many of you who have spoken against riding a bike actually possess a Class 2 licence ?

The option of riding a bike strikes me after my stay in Taiwan. Everybody seems to be riding a bike. And if you compare Taiwan's traffic to Singapore, I tell you Singapore is so orderly.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't want to take MRT and buses with PRCs and IIs. I will faint.

And I can't afford a car in Singapore.

Base on the above, your choice is clear. In fact, it's the only choice.

If you were to worry about the risk of riding, then the only option will be public transport since you can't afford car.

Simple as that.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to ride this when I was in army. Then, I sold to a jap who was working in Batam oil ind. I had it slightly modified with Ohlins suspension adn yoshimura pipe. Quite a head turneer then....:rolleyes:

2002_06_05_bikepics-27736-320.jpg

Cheers!

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also used to ride.

i don't know about taiwan but roads here definitely not safe for bikes.
local car drivers mentality,heavy vehicles and local riders' attitude are biggest culprits (wear flip flops when riding? you're not in phuket riding along beaches)

now made worse by FT lorry and bus drivers.

i lost a few friends in horrific bike accidents. i really feel sorry for riders here. i think they deserve better.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What say you?

Instead of switching your mode of transport, why don't you switch countries and keep the car?

You can get yourself a BMW for a paltry $1 in NZ.

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/used-cars-for-sale/bmw-m3/616506

BMW M3 1988 for sale

$1
Black E30

<script type="text/javascript">utmx_section("LinkToDealer")</script>

<script type="text/javascript"> var analyticsAccount = 'UA-3661170-1'; var flPlayerLoc = '/Scripts/JWPlayer/player.swf'; </script> Vehicle Gallery

Zoom
Previous

Next

Vehicle Details

<dl><dt>Vehicle</dt><dd>1988 BMW M3</dd><dt>Body</dt><dd>Black</dd><dt>Engine</dt><dd>2266cc Petrol Engine</dd><dt>Odometer</dt><dd>Please contact seller for details.</dd></dl>
Seller Details

<dl><dt>Seller:</dt><dd>Private Seller</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd> Whakatane
Bay Of Plenty
</dd></dl>
Description:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or get a harley davidson in california for usd11k to usd13k:

3k73mc3o85Z45U15R0a96ae7d7f46c1bf19ab.jpg

harley ann. softail usd11950

3kd3mc3l75O25U35R5a96fc858e7ed2881d7e.jpg