• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Suspected Oppie Clinic KOs Little Sinkie For 24 Hrs With Special Cough Syrup!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: A 14-month-old boy had to be rushed to hospital after his mother suspected that he had been prescribed an overdose of cough medicine.

The bottle of Fedac cough syrup, prescribed by a clinic in Bedok, carried instructions to take 10ml of the medicine three times a day. That is four times the appropriate dosage of 2.5ml three times a day for a toddler.

According to the mother Belinda Lum, this happened last Wednesday evening (Nov 22) when they visited YSL Bedok Clinic & Surgery.

“This is the start of my nightmare,” she wrote on fund-raising platform give.asia.

After feeding him with the dosage stated on the bottle, she said her son was “completely knock (sic) out”.

Suspecting that he was suffering from overdose, she rushed him to Gleneagles Hospital. Ms Lum added that
her son only woke up a day later on Thursday evening, and still felt drowsy.

“I really hope there is no side effect on his future growth!” she wrote.

Responding to queries from Channel NewsAsia, the management of Qualitas Medical Group, the parent company of the clinic, said it "would like to apologise" to the boy's family.

"Qualitas has out of goodwill offered to reimburse the child's parents for all medical bills incurred as a result of this unfortunate incident. We invite the patient to our pediatrics unit in Singapore for further reviews," it added.

The medical group also said that it has put together a team to ensure that its safety procedures are reviewed and enforced.

"Qualitas' priority is to provide quality healthcare, where the patient's health is of upmost importance to us. We continuously strive to improve our services offered to our patients and customers at our clinics.

"We want the best for our patients and are relieved to hear that the infant has since recovered. We will continue to engage the parents and wish the patient well," the group said.

Ms Lum explained on give.asia that she started the online appeal to encourage people to share her story on Facebook about the clinic’s “negligence”. For each share, she said she will donate S$1 each to three charities.

A Ministry of Health (MOH) spokesperson said the ministry was aware of the incident.

"MOH takes a serious view of such matters and is investigating the clinic in question and its licensee," said the spokesperson.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ose-of-cough-medicine-by-bedok-clinic-9451618

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say what is the big deal when adult can even finish a bottle of cough syrup at one intake when the toddler only consume 30ml over 24 hours. He say ms lum is a typical kiasu kiasi parent and likely a pap voter. He also say clinic and hospital negligence is so common that only see if that patient want to spend time to make a hooha.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wait for SMC to reply. Sinkieland and Hong Kong very famous cough must give cough syrup. And codeine and all kinds of stuff including steroids!

Third world crap.

See what SMC says.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ministry should resign for allowing such bogus crap to be sold on the island.. As medication some more! On top of all that crap!!

Cheers!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait for SMC to reply. Sinkieland and Hong Kong very famous cough must give cough syrup. And codeine and all kinds of stuff including steroids!

Third world crap.

See what SMC says.
my uncle say he don't know why only go to see doctor then can get prescribed cough syrup. He say something wrong with the protocol for the drug lord to make more money. He also say when people go see doctor is only to get mc and the syrup. He say logically the proper channel to visit should be the company boss to get mc and patient should buy syrup from pharmacist (those require prescription type).

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Your uncle is sinkie

Your uncle dunno that there is NO NEED to get Dr prescribe cough syrup that does not contain codeine? All over the counter lah.

Dunno ar? Dumb ass sinkie.

Codeine is pre-Drug version of morphine so of course should control lah.

Sinkie kena cold must have a Medicine for cough a Medicine for runny nose a Medicine for sore throat a Medicine for phlegm a Medicine for fever a Medicine for headache and antibiotic.

Talk about useless sinkie. Their own immune system also cannot rely on?

KNN!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your uncle is sinkie

Your uncle dunno that there is NO NEED to get Dr prescribe cough syrup that does not contain codeine? All over the counter lah.

Dunno ar? Dumb ass sinkie.

Codeine is pre-Drug version of morphine so of course should control lah.

Sinkie kena cold must have a Medicine for cough a Medicine for runny nose a Medicine for sore throat a Medicine for phlegm a Medicine for fever a Medicine for headache and antibiotic.

Talk about useless sinkie. Their own immune system also cannot rely on?

KNN!
my uncle say he know can buy many cough syrup from counter but all no effect only codeine type then can mah
so he say drug lord know this so force sinkie see a doctor. He say mc should be given by boss and not doctor as doctor can anyhow give.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tell your uncle come to Canada.

Doc my experience is that cough mixtures simply do not work. The companies make billions in sales but in my opinion it's a rip off.

The only medication that stopped my severe cough was a small dark yellow tablet that my GP used to prescribe in the 80s. I have not seen it since. I asked my current doctor in NZ and he does not know what I am talking about.

It was so effective that I assumed that it was a very high dose of of a potent drug (codene/morphine?) that numbed everything to the point where I did not feel the throat tickle but it also made it difficult to get out of bed the next morning. it was truly powerful!

I assume it was removed from the list because it was too potent and was being widely abused.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better for Parents to spend more money to send their babies below 3 to a qualified Baby Doctor. These normal GPs only give out normal generic drugs. They are not trained in giving baby medicine.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
took a drip of propolis extract with a gulp of water and my cough goes away. it also cums in capsule and tablet form. deep yellow color. can stain anything.

sunyata-glycolic-extract-3.png

YSO-97012-5.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is better for Parents to spend more money to send their babies below 3 to a qualified Baby Doctor. These normal GPs only give out normal generic drugs. They are not trained in giving baby medicine.

Pediatrician.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
took a drip of propolis extract with a gulp of water and my cough goes away. it also cums in capsule and tablet form. deep yellow color. can stain anything.

sunyata-glycolic-extract-3.png

YSO-97012-5.jpg

I use that for all my wounds. It works wonderfully.

They also make a throat spray. I tried it and it numbed the throat for up to an hour. Helped me fall asleep but got woken up a couple of hours later when the throat tickle returned with a vengeance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use that for all my wounds. It works wonderfully.

They also make a throat spray. I tried it and it numbed the throat for up to an hour. Helped me fall asleep but got woken up a couple of hours later when the throat tickle returned with a vengeance.
i order online and have packages of 48 bottles of sunyata propolis shipped directly from brazil. they don't sell them here where i am over the counter at pharmacies. if your cough returns regularly after a couple of hours, it may be viral infection. thick phlegm forms and coughing starts. for that i gulp warm salt water and gargle every so often. virus get nuked and after a couple of hours survivors multiply and phlegm forms again. sounds like flu.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The clinic and the doctor are really hopeless. Instead of asking the mother to come in and explain the mistake, they made it worse.

Anyway Soursop is the best, from cough, fever and cancer. All gone. Supplements are the best. Colonoscopy is another success story. A proven yet ancient technique is blood letting. The toxins simply flow out.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chee bye John Tan every time things happened in PAP ward he will blame the Oppie !!
"Suspected Oppie Clinic KOs Little Sinkie For 24 Hrs With Special Cough Syrup!" quote by ass hole John! He must have let his wife fucked by Papaya, and he is wearing a Green hat!!