• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sunday Times shooting sugar arrows at Tan Kin Lian to sabotage political bid

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
And thus disprove Baliji's words - there are cards and there are CARDS.
Agree with your point of view.

There is another aspect of the cards that is material. His rather detailed revelation of his PAP status - laying down his cards. And his views of the PAP government.

It provides a sound basis for his new direction. And people will appreciate that.

The 100,000 signatures is however does indicate his political immaturity. There is a big difference between grassroots politics and real politics.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, its the same in China and in Saddam's Iraq. In Iraq, anyone who wanted a senior post in the Iraqi bureaucracy had to be a senior Baathi party member.

In China, every civil servant has to be a party member of the CCCP to become one.
Yes, truly a totalitarian system.

jw5

Loyal
Agree with your point of view.

There is another aspect of the cards that is material. His rather detailed revelation of his PAP status - laying down his cards. And his views of the PAP government.

It provides a sound basis for his new direction. And people will appreciate that.

The 100,000 signatures is however does indicate his political immaturity. There is a big difference between grassroots politics and real politics.
I agree with his views on the government.
Used to be very good at nation building and looking after the citizens, but has lost touch with the people and are too highly paid.
But I don't agree to the idea of having a petition.
In my mind, the people always matter more than the politicians.
Step forward for the elections and ask the people to vote for you, rather than ask the people to support you first and step forward only if there is enoough support.
Just my opinion.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Step forward for the elections and ask the people to vote for you, rather than ask the people to support you first and step forward only if there is enoough support.
Just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion too. Now he's unnecessarily branded as "petition king".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with his views on the government.
Used to be very good at nation building and looking after the citizens, but has lost touch with the people and are too highly paid.
But I don't agree to the idea of having a petition.
In my mind, the people always matter more than the politicians.
Just my opinion.

Share the same bro. The petition is really odd.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He needs to get an advisor of sorts- or at least consult friends across the spectrum. I think he could have announced it in a better way than this, I agree.

He's a CEO for 30 years and likely to have more intelligent voices around his ear than CST or LTK. This kind of idea can't have come from any one but himself. So this TKL strikes me as a very stubborn man, unsuitable for politics.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's a CEO for 30 years and likely to have more intelligent voices around his ear than CST or LTK. This kind of idea can't have come from any one but himself. So this TKL strikes me as a very stubborn man, unsuitable for politics.

Well, if he wants to prove it to us that he can learn from his mistake, the time is now. If not, it'd be very unfortunate.