• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stunning Beauties Of Earth & Sky! ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"After the setting sun I noticed that the sky was getting filled with rays from the direction of sunset. The sky was filled with amazing colors. The image was taken in Capuchos, a high area facing west with a jagged view of the Atlantic Ocean, near Almada and Lisbon, Portugal. In the image we also can see buildings in Costa da Caparica." - Miguel Claro

5001367.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current monastery adjacent to the The Abbey of Moggio, originally a castle, was donated to the Church in the Middle Ages by Count Cacellino. It is still intact. - Marco Candotti

5001364.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The image shows a flyby of the international space station (ISS) over my hometown of Bad Mergentheim in southern Germany. Using a fisheye lens the complete panorama of the small town could be banned on the camera's sensor." - Jens Hackmann

5001360.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"A spectacular view of the Zodiacal light - the cone of light caused by reflection of sunlight on dust particles located along the plane of the Solar system." - Yuri Beletsky

5001353.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I took the photo in the early hours of August 19, 2009 from Isola d' Elba (an island in Tuscany Italian region). The early wake up was well rewarded as the sight of the 2% waning crescent Moon was breathtaking! The age of our natural satellite was just one day before “new moon” and just one hour before Perigee" - Stefano De Rosa

5001351.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When I took this picture I was in the middle of a farm field in Alentejo, Portugal, where my niece Debóra assisted with the composition. This image was taken just two days after the New Moon, and the earthshine effect is still visible. The 'star' at upper left is the planet Saturn." - Miguel Claro

5001346.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The look due west as seen from the end of Büyükkemikli Cape. To the left is Turkish island of Gökçeada. The island to the right, Samothraki, belongs to Greece, off the coast of Saros Gulf. The thick crescent Moon was a few degrees below Saturn when this picture was taken in the evening of 27th June. - Hakan Buyuktuncay

5001341.jpg