• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stunning Beauties Of Earth & Sky! ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The crescent Moon rises in the middle of the temple. See also, Saturn on the left, 'sitting' on the pillar and Coma Berenices to the upper left of the temple." - Chris Kotsiopoulos

5001411.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
52 seconds was enough time for my girlfriend to run around the ancient stone circle illuminating the stones whilst Orion looked on from above." - Stuart Holmes

5001408.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
w01_07765001.jpg

The Maya believed natural wells, such as the Xkeken cenote in Mexico's Yucatan, led to the underworld. (John Stanmeyer, VII, © National Geographic)

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
w06_07794007.jpg

Floating on dreams and whispers, girls from a West Bank village cool off in the salt-laden waters of the Dead Sea. With its main tributary, the Jordan, at less than a tenth of its former volume, the inland sea has dropped some 70 feet since 1978. (Paolo Pellegrin, Magnum © National Geographic)

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This is a 13-hour star trail captured to the north of Haute Provence Observatory during one entire night. The International Space Station (ISS) passed during the night and caused the trail over the T1.93m dome. An Iridium flare also put a little trail at the center of the picture. The eccentric trajectory of star trails around Polaris (the north star) is due to the lens deformation at 10mm focal length." - Alexandre Santerne

5001406.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The image shows the full Moon reflecting its light over the river Po (the longest Italian river that crosses Turin) together with those coming from the Christmas decorations that surround the church below. To complete the scene, if you zoom on the top right of the Moon you can see the Pleiades star cluster (partially hidden in the moon's glare)." - Stefano De Rosa

5001401.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The neolithic stone ring at Stenness on Orkney (a World Heritage Site). It's 5000 years old and part of the site that also takes in Brodgar and Maeshowe. A beautiful lonely place where you hear the waves lap and the sea birds on the Loch. The aurora display lasted little more than 50 minutes." - Grant Privett

5001396.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Orion was bright (with the moon) over this white birch at Togakushi, Nagano, Japan. Next spring, I found that the tree was broken due to snow." - Kouji Ohnishi

5001395.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As seen on Astronomy Picture of the Day over "several hours of imaging with a low chilling 13 degree temperature", photographer Tony Rowell captured a bright Leonid meteor streaking through the colorful dawn sky above limestone tufa rocks on the shoreline of Mono Lake in California's Eastern Sierra. - Tony Rowell

5001394.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"13-frame sky panorama of the southern-sky Milky Way and Zodiacal light over the observatory dome and telescopes of the IAS international amateur observatory at Hakos farm in Namibia." - Rudi Dobesberger

5001392.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The lovely celestial scene shows an old Moon (with its Earthshine) forming a triangle with Saturn and bright Venus, all of them reflecting their light off of the lake's calm water. Below and left of the "triangle" Mercury can be seen emerging from twilight to complete the predawn conjunction." - Stefano De Rosa

5001388.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This photo was taken in the Montes Universales of Teruel, a site with the best dark skies in Spain. You can see the reflective trail of the historical MIR orbital space station left (north) of the Beehive cluster (M44), with the bright planet Mars just above the treetops." - Vicente Aupi

5001384.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This image shows a street at night with two different types of trails: the taillights of a car and the distant lights of numerous stars during an exposure time of several minutes..." - Jens Hackmann

5001383.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This image was taken in Joshua Tree National Park in California, USA. I painted the Joshua Trees (Yucca brevifolia) with an LED flashlight." - Chip Porter

5001380.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Starlight from Vega is reflected on the surface of Lake Alexandrina in Takapo, New Zealand. At the time of the photo I was staying at Mt. John Observatory, searching for extrasolar planets using the micro-lensing observation technique. We see the summit of Mt. Cook as viewed from the side of the MOAII 1.8m telescope dome at the observatory." - Kouji Ohnishi

5001374.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This is a rocky formation in Valle de la Luna, near San Pedro de Atacama. I marked the place on my GPS during the day and hoped I would have a chance to photograph it at night." - Manel Soria

5001368.jpg