• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop Dr Chee from going to prison this election

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The judiciary makes no law. It judges based on laws as passed by Parliament. Therefore, all juduciaries in the world (with this separation of power system) by definition and duty, pass judgments based on the laws passed by governments.

If you don't like death penalty and like unregulated public protest, try to vote a party that believes that too into power, and they can change the laws to your liking. The judiciary cannot say that they don't like some of the laws and don't uphold these.

CSJ is badgering the judiciary on so-called moral and conscientious grounds of sentencing people to death or prison or fine according to the laws. If the judges are allowed to exercise personal values and believes, then I fear the whole system collapses. For there'd be no need to vote for MPs to enact laws anymore.

So all the judges, police officers and other opposition parties are supposed to agree with his believes and values? Otherwise, they're immoral lackeys and poodles?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
So all the judges, police officers and other opposition parties are supposed to agree with his believes and values? Otherwise, they're immoral lackeys and poodles?

You need to know that many here have little or no knowledge of how the law comes by and the responsiblity of individual office bearers.

As long as they dont like what they see or not in their own manner, anyone else is a lackeys or a poodles?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for accidentally using your nick in vain. The other forum nick I love to use in vain is "Balls2U" (not that I am trying to say balls to you here!!).

Change of approach at different times is understandable. Now is election season, so no civil disobedience activities.

The only time SDP has hit on oppo is when they criticized Sylvia Lim's speech in 2007 at the IBA conference. But that speech was worth criticizing. Note that they focussed on the content of Sylvia' statements, they never called WP approved oppo. Though it must be admitted that Jufrie Mahmood did INDEED compared WP to poodles before he joined SDP as a member.

RP has been genuinely hitting on the oppo from time to time and in quite rude ways too. Being a political newbie, one does not expect this kind of behaviour.

Nah, I can take a joke here and there :smile:

Strategies may change, but I find it hard to reconcile civil disobedience with electoral politics when elections come close. You don't believe in elections and your SG cannot contest - what is there to miss? People who run civil disobedience do it consistently - they do not stop when elections come. I believe the real reason is already mentioned by several - the foreign audience. However, the SDP still believes it needs to cater to the local audience.

In my view, this is unfortunately a closet fund-raising exercise. SDP knows they will never raise the money, but they can raise a few hundred or thousand, still have CSJ sent to jail and gain extra dollars. In fact they can do that even if they have raised the required $20,000 amount but pretend they have not, and have CSJ sent to jail.

I would have no issue with their hits on WP over the IBA issue - except that it was based on a (purposefully intentional) misquote on Ng E-Jay and Joseph Ong who were running TR respectively. The two very likely gained their distorted versions from the distortive John Tan. In reality Sylvia Lim never said the "laws were fair and just" for which she was quoted by them as, but said that Singapore politics was up to Singaporeans and they didn't need foreign interference.

I have no further issues on SDP's righteous approaches as they have supported WP on a few occasions even when WP (with a tint of arrogance) did not reciprocate. But I do have a bigger issue with RP. Their arrogance is beyond proportion and stinks.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee is intelligent but he has no political acumen. In politics, one has to be shrewd and patient, very patient. But he often charges about like the proverbial elephant in the china shop. instead, he should recompose, build his powerbase properly, plan his strategies and tactics, play mind games with the PAP, set traps, etc. not charge around like Don Quixote.

kingrant asser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee is intelligent but he has no political acumen. In politics, one has to be shrewd and patient, very patient. But he often charges about like the proverbial elephant in the china shop. instead, he should recompose, build his powerbase properly, plan his strategies and tactics, play mind games with the PAP, set traps, etc. not charge around like Don Quixote.

And thanks to you now that leetahbar is on the loose. You are responsible for his release.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It has never been CSJ's objective to do the things you suggested. He is just there to kill all opposition. He is intelligent and sure has the political acumen to succeed if he wants to. The problem is that succeeding is not his ultimate goal in this venture of his. Isn't it obvious who he really is?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has never been CSJ's objective to do the things you suggested. He is just there to kill all opposition. He is intelligent and sure has the political acumen to succeed if he wants to. The problem is that succeeding is not his ultimate goal in this venture of his. Isn't it obvious who he really is?

And you're intelligent enough to understand his objective. :wink:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ways to give

Paypal or credit card

Bank transfer or deposit (to Dr Chee's spouse's account)

Account Name: Ms. Huang Chih Mei
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB)
Account No: 314-106-026-9 (savings account)
Bank Address: UOB Ltd, Thomson Branch, 251/253 Upper Thomson Road, Singapore 574376
Swift Code: UOVBSGSG

(Note: No ATM card required if you use a UOB cash deposit machine)

Cheque

You can write a cheque made payable to Ms. Huang Chih Mei and mail it to 12A Jalan Gelenggang, Singapore 578192.

hahaha....i have 1 simple question.......
Is it legal to openly solicit for donations to personal accounts?
What happens if the donation added to millions of dollars????

Finally even if it is legal, CSJ and SDP have totally lost all credibilty by this move.
The whole CEC should also resign in shame to pen such an appeal in the first place.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....i have 1 simple question.......
Is it legal to openly solicit for donations to personal accounts?
What happens if the donation added to millions of dollars????

Finally even if it is legal, CSJ and SDP have totally lost all credibilty by this move.
The whole CEC should also resign in shame to pen such an appeal in the first place.

They should all be arrested, beginning with the accountholder. :mad:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee needs to learn to be flexible with tactics and stop being stubborn. He has already been hit twice, he should learn to be more cunning and adept. To put it in a simpler way, there is a machine-gun nest in a forest. Chee is the guy who keeps thinking that it is fine to run straight towards the machine gun and in the process, gets himself gunned down for nothing instead of out-flanking.

I have no doubt for his passion but his methods need to CHANGE.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you wrote makes sense and politically correct. In the Singapore context, this is what is expected of our lawmakers and those that represent our laws. Unfortunately, laws are made by imperfect men and therefore are themselves imperfect and abuse by the system to their advantage. We read about many cases where the Elites get away with murder, and peasants get the full force of the law. It depends on which side of the fence the law favours. Am I correct?

The judiciary makes no law. It judges based on laws as passed by Parliament. Therefore, all juduciaries in the world (with this separation of power system) by definition and duty, pass judgments based on the laws passed by governments.

If you don't like death penalty and like unregulated public protest, try to vote a party that believes that too into power, and they can change the laws to your liking. The judiciary cannot say that they don't like some of the laws and don't uphold these.

CSJ is badgering the judiciary on so-called moral and conscientious grounds of sentencing people to death or prison or fine according to the laws. If the judges are allowed to exercise personal values and believes, then I fear the whole system collapses. For there'd be no need to vote for MPs to enact laws anymore.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you wrote makes sense and politically correct. In the Singapore context, this is what is expected of our lawmakers and those that represent our laws. Unfortunately, laws are made by imperfect men and therefore are themselves imperfect and abuse by the system to their advantage. We read about many cases where the Elites get away with murder, and peasants get the full force of the law. It depends on which side of the fence the law favours. Am I correct?

It depends on the lawyers they can afford. :biggrin:

But seriously, I don't think anybody, elite or not, gets away with murder here. Name a couple of examples?

Even first world foreigners had been hanged for murder and drug trafficking, caned for vandalising. No?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember that editor of a major newspaper who ran over someone and killed him? She got away with a small fine although it was reported she was using a handphone at the time?

By the way, "murder" in this case refers to serious offences and not outright murder.

It depends on the lawyers they can afford. :biggrin:

But seriously, I don't think anybody, elite or not, gets away with murder here. Name a couple of examples?

Even first world foreigners had been hanged for murder and drug trafficking, caned for vandalising. No?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember that editor of a major newspaper who ran over someone and killed him? She got away with a small fine although it was reported she was using a handphone at the time?

By the way, "murder" in this case refers to serious offences and not outright murder.

Read the papers when they used to report all of these. Accidental deaths (car) usually fetch $6k fine and 6-10 years disqualification. Just that if you are a lorry driver knocking down a construction worker, the case doesn't even make the news.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's a traffic accident, not a murder. Though I agree the penalty was too light by common judgment. Think she's got a good lawyer to mitigate.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which confirms what I said, that laws are imperfect and subject to abuse by the system to their advantage. The poor therefore will be disadvantaged as they have no access to good lawyers.

That's a traffic accident, not a murder. Though I agree the penalty was too light by common judgment. Think she's got a good lawyer to mitigate.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....perceived discrepancies/inconsistencies in sentencing happened all the time.....
Examples are the recent cases involving 14 (?) men having sex with underaged gal.......there was wide disparity in sentences meted out......
I don't believe any of them is so called elite......
I had asked this question before....so pse don't ask me why like that.
I can only opined that that the judges don't like some of the faces.......