• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stinking attitude of SME bosses-fancy complaining about Singaporean hires on national TV

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.prolificcrap.com/blog/category/Business Owner
The Indian local (seated second from left in the video) rightly opined that foreigners here are depressing wages of Singaporeans, yet hotelier and restaurateur Mr Loh Lik Peng (boss of Unlisted Collection-seated fourth from left in video) stubbornly insisted hiring foreigners in Singapore incurs higher costs, at the same time refusing to acknowledge the irreparably damaging consequences brought upon by foreigners who were willing to settle for much lesser owing to lesser financial obligations and being able to enjoy advantageous exchange rates back in their home countries.

And then Miss Michelle Saram (seated third from left in video) started waxing lyrical about about the "heavenly" set of circumstances enjoyed by businesses operating in Japan . Are the Japanese even permitted to hire foreign workers in obscenely huge numbers? At least the profoundly amiable Japanese are more than willing to assist and serve their own countrymen. Singaporeans on the other hand need to tolerate the nonsense of nasty foreigners, not forgetting we still have to commit to 2 years (and then some) of National Service in the name of protecting their asses and thanking them for stealing our rice bowls.

I will never want to work for this Mr Loh-there I said it. His stinking arrogance and condescending manner of speech makes one feel odious. To think he has the cheek to assert $1,800/month (remuneration for a six-day work week constituting 10-12 hours per day ) is deemed above average?

More at Stinking attitude of SME bosses-fancy complaining about Singaporean hires on national TV

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MOM bothers to do any investigation, he will probably catch some of these bosses doing cash-back transaction with the foreigners. They pay $1800 and expect the foreigners to return like 50% of the cash. Tan Chuan Jin is too simplistic in his thinking and forgot the loopholes employers can explore. The holier than you Lok Lik Peng is just one of the many exploitive managers or probably his workers have given his company lots of negative feedbacks in jobstreet like poor management, lousy perks, bad attitude, no OT pay, long hours...etc which explains why no Singaporeans wanted to work in that kind of environment and probably nothing to do with low pay. Negative feedbacks are nothing new, even some foreigners complained about local SME bosses too, if Lok dare to be honest about the his restaurant turnover rate.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid chinese businessmen.no wonder so many malays underpaid and unemployed and drug addicts due to them.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That lady boss, too, should explains why she can only employe Japaneses in Japan beause Japan has no cheap "foreign talents" for her to exploit and Japan is one country that has very strong Japanese Core. Will Lok employ TCJ and will TCJ works for Lok?. THINK ABOUT IT!!! This TV is one shitty programs that could not think beyond reality and allow Bosses to insult viewers intelligence.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... m&d only good at employment rather than be own boss.

Go fuck your minas more to produce more workers for Chinese bosses....

Stupid chinese businessmen.no wonder so many malays underpaid and unemployed and drug addicts due to them.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan has no cheap labor. My employees in Japan cost twice as much for the same grade as my employees in Singapore. Their salary truly ensures that even an admin in the office can live comfortably well in their city and their manpower laws are tough on employers - try firing retrenching someone in Japan versus retrenching someone in Singapore. Singapore is an employer's heaven.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan has no cheap labor. My employees in Japan cost twice as much for the same grade as my employees in Singapore. Their salary truly ensures that even an admin in the office can live comfortably well in their city and their manpower laws are tough on employers - try firing retrenching someone in Japan versus retrenching someone in Singapore. Singapore is an employer's heaven.

Singapore has shit employee rights and shit consumer rights.

Anyone remember how Obike screwed everyone over and yet no arrest warrant was issued for the fraudulent transfer of Singaporean deposits to HK?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MOST SME bosses are nasty bastards.

I second that! Conniving, opportunistic, money-obsessed, egoistic, smug and shallow too. Many of them also hope to win awards and accolades at all costs. Staff welfare is the least of their priorities! Knn