• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

State Of Johor Is Safer Than Singapore - You Believe?

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

Singapore is quickly catching up with Johor. Look at the murder cases and violent crimes recently.

BTW, the police not accepting a case does not automatically make it NOT a crime. They just want to keep the statistics low and meet their KPI for the year.

Singapore is safer than JB - you believe? :rolleyes:

I find that harder and harder to believe as the years go by.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was based in NE Malaysia since last November.. Then came back to S'pore for 2 weeks during recent CNY season.. Returned back to work early this week.. Things are fine here since our rented house is within a gated community where guards do their regular patrols by foot or by their motor bikes..

We regularly eat out at the food stalls and so far we didn't experience any trouble even when driving at 4 am to a local beach just to see turtles laying their eggs...

Good connections also play a big part when you're in a foreign country.. In my office here, we have an Executive Director whose family have deep traditional ties with the state BN Govt.. He made many efforts to help us expats by even introducing us to an ASP from a police station and advising us to just call this senior cop if we encounter any problem..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies are traditionally terrible tourists.. They loves bringing their mini LKY attitude whenever they are in a foreign country..

AntonKiasi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Namaste.

Why sinkies still want to go spend their money in JB is dumbfounding. Sinkies all know for a fact that they are not welcome why still behave so hard up and want to go?

Namaste. Come India for a change.

India is too far le. JB is just a 5 minutes drive from Sinkieland after clearing the checkpoints.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like anywhere, there are areas to avoid. More sinkees are moving to Johor, crimes do not deter them. Knowing the kiasi mentality of sinkees, this is rather unusual if you believe that Johor's crime rate is worse than sinkapore.

Good observation there.:smile:

Singapore is safer than JB - you believe?
rolleyes.gif

I find that harder and harder to believe as the years go by.

And did we see Msian papers splashing all over the pages each time a crime committed in Sinkieland?

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not that JB is unsafe, but occasional trips to JB cannot be considered as "since it is safe for me, so it should be safe for everyone in Johor State."

Sama sama lah abang. If some sinkie got robbed while shopping, it does not mean is totally unsafe in JB. I visited JB so many times. Countless. Still money intact leh. No one place is 100% safe. When in Rome do what the Romans do.

Oh ya. Last mth, i lost my HP while shopping at Orchard. Left it on the table while dinning with my family. My bad. My mistake. Tempting. It was Samsung S4.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at that park one month ago and noticed a lot of foreign workers going up the slope and into the forest. I thought that was interesting but did not followed them as I was busy digging my PRC meimei :biggrin:

Your eye also very sharp. That kway chup aunty looks juicy. Lai ah, kway Chup mai kway, ai chup nia :p

Kway chup soh u oso on? X_X

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's right barring from the robbery, stealing, murder, prositution and gang fight. The whole town is very vibrant.

Johor "safe beyond doubt" and Singaporeans not crime targets: Johor police chief

Published on Feb 20, 2014
2:43 PM

sjjohor201e.jpg

Johor police chief Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff speaking about the Johor crime situation to Singaporean and Malaysian media in Johor Bahru on Thursday.

Referring to negative perceptions of the crime situation in Johor and recent crime statistics, Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said that the state's police are in "full control".

Datuk Mohd Mokhtar noted that the number of violent and property crime cases in Johor fell about 36 per cent between 2008 and last year. Overall, there were 17,105 crime cases in the state last year, or about 10 per cent less than in 2012.

The police chief also assured Singaporeans that they are not specifically targeted by criminals: "Crimes are committed when an opportunity arises regardless of (a victim's) race, religion, sex and nationality."

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/johor-safe-beyond-doubt-and-singaporeans-are-not-crime-targets-johor-p

Earlier this year Straits Times published that "In the latest annual statistics released by the police on Friday, the crime rate last year was 549 per 100,000 people compared with 584 per 100,00 in 2012, and has been on the downtrend since 2005." (http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/total-number-crime-cases-singapore-30-year-low-2013-police-statistics-)

If there are 17,105 crime cases in Johor, then it will be less than 510 cases per 100,000 (Johor pop: 3.38 million), effectively saying Singapore is more dangerous to live than Johor!:eek:

Maybe I should be more careful walking around in Singapore and be home before midnight just in case.:rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have been to johore numerous time and nothing happens to me.. Because I don't have sinkie behaviour to display.

Robbery only happens to punish sinkie behaviour.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
low key is important anywhere in the world.

just try showing your cash in singapore.

just look how people behave after going to atm in singapore

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One stark fact is that when Singaporeans visit Malaysia they don't come empty handed. Almost all of them carry some cash (many carry large amounts) for shopping and holidays. That is why they attract the criminals like bees to honey. Therefore Johor and major Malaysian towns like KL are not as safe for Singaporeans while smaller towns are pretty much safer.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees, I observe before like to tell the whole world when go overseas as if no one know they are sinkees. One example, especially sinkees Zha bors when shopping oversea, " soon cheeeep!"

Like that how not to kena target.

890aw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Namaste.

Why sinkies still want to go spend their money in JB is dumbfounding. Sinkies all know for a fact that they are not welcome why still behave so hard up and want to go?

Namaste. Come India for a change.

Good suggestion. Mats have nothing to offer. Just be sure to go on tour groups in India and never stray.