• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starbucks customers pay for $5 coffee they can boss waiters as their domestic maids

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starbucks customers pay for $5 coffee
they can boss waiters as their domestic maids

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/got_service_or_not/452016/staff_are_not_allowed_to_clean_starbucks_manager_told_customer.html

staff_are_not_allowed_to_clean_starbucks_manager_told_customer-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Rich had to clear cups and trash from his table at Starbucks this evening. Staff rudely refused when he asked, and even the manager told him they were not allowed to clean, the STOMPer says.

The STOMPer relates the incident (Sep 10):

"This afternoon I visited the Starbucks at Lido around 5pm.

"It is a very busy location but the staff were just standing around.

"I found a table but the prior users didn't clear their Starbucks cups and trash.

"I politely asked the Starbucks staff to clean it but they rudely said 'We don't clean'.

"It was all Starbucks rubbish, but they refused.

"I was forced to clean it myself while they chatted away.

"Later the manager came by and said they have a contract to have someone clean and 'we are not allowed to clean'.

"Is this insane? I can understand if the items were not theirs but they were Starbucks trash and in front of Starbucks itself.

"Service should be better and people should help out if they are not busy.

"Very dissatisfied with the lack of care and service from Starbucks."

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Starbucks customers pay for $5 coffee they can boss waiters as their domestic mai

This guy is so pathetic, a cry baby!
Do they serve free coffee there?
Is that the only place in the world where they serve coffee?
What stopped this guy from leaving that outlet and getting his fix elsewhere?

MrSmile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Starbucks customers pay for $5 coffee they can boss waiters as their domestic mai

They must be my well-trained citizens. Our folks prefer not to do anything really. We only like to smile and watch others die :smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are they local staff? I doubt so.

I think is local citizen. FT will clean when ask so because they worry complaint by customer will cause them to lose jobs.
Only local will dare to speak so. That not my jobs scope...........

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stompers are idiot loh. He should just walk out. knn

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think is local citizen. FT will clean when ask so because they worry complaint by customer will cause them to lose jobs.
Only local will dare to speak so. That not my jobs scope...........

A setup like Starbucks is still self-service. Foodhandlers are foodhandlers. Cashiers are cashiers. Cleaners are cleaners. This is to maximize hygiene. Staff who handle fresh food don't handle cash and leftover food, then handle fresh food again. Yes, it's easy to say go wash your hands. However, this type of situation usually arise during busy hours, if staff multi-task here and there, their hands would be washed till skin crumpled, and missing a wash could endup in getting blamed for food poisoning.

Second consideration may be the contractual part if the establishment has outsourced the cleaning jobs. For example, in a big foodcourt, one can't expect the foodhandlers and cashiers to come out and clean your tables. One has to call for and wait for the availability of the next cleaner.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I *think* the premise for the conflict arose because the seating area in front of Starbucks at Lido is shared across the whole level with the other restaurants (MacDonalds, KFC, Long John Silvers, and others).

In this case, it could perhaps be the case that they are "not allowed to clean" as there are cleaners going around with trolleys clearing the tables.

Same thing as per a food court with a common seating area for all stalls. You don't ask the chicken rice stall owner to clear the table which happened to have plates from his/her stall...

*Edit*: Ramseth already mentioned what I said. :smile:

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every customer expects a clean table, if STARBUCKS cant run its place clean thann go somewhere else for the coffee. As customers we dont give 2 damns whether if STARBUCKS staff are allowed to clean the tables or mop the floor or suck dicks..we pay and acceptable cleanliness is expected of the restaurant. Even Kopi shop also clean table and they are also self service hor.

Anyway from the write up, the manager handled it very badly...he should be fired:p

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal

___________Starbucks customers pay for $5 coffee [/SIZE]
___________they can boss waiters as their domestic maids[/SIZE]

$5 for coffee for such service?

Can just walk!

Nothing grand about star bucks!

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal

If that is their business model and yet be so successful, it is a wonder starbucks model worth mentioning in textbooks :p

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Starbucks "success" is by market share and dominance, each time an outlet breaks even, they will open another outlet, over time they are everywhere and it appears to the average Joe that they are very successful. The real money for the shareholders is NOT from the profits, its the share prices that are driven by orchestrated publicity stunts.