• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stallholders in row with Workers Party town council

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Pritam can't even get basic facts right on what NEA is attacking AHTC of and yet he dares to write such press statement? Facepalm lah!

What NEA is saying is that AHTC didn't provide any scaffolding for last year's cleaning, NOT AHTC didn't clean the ceiling....but Pritam just reply AHTC clean the ceiling last year! 真是牛头不对马嘴!

Can someone tell Pritam stops embarrassing himself can or not?

“Mr Singh now says that, since the cleaning of high areas only needed to be done once a year, it did not plan to do so in March because such cleaning was already done last year. However, our record shows the town council also did not provide scaffolding for this centre’s cleaning last year.”

http://sghardtruth.com/2013/06/02/ajunied-ahpetc-town-council-bully-bedok-hougang-hawkers-stallholders-saga/

Goh Meng Seng

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pritam can't even get basic facts right on what NEA is attacking AHTC of and yet he dares to write such press statement? Facepalm lah!

What NEA is saying is that AHTC didn't provide any scaffolding for last year's cleaning, NOT AHTC didn't clean the ceiling....but Pritam just reply AHTC clean the ceiling last year! 真是牛头不对马嘴!

“Mr Singh now says that, since the cleaning of high areas only needed to be done once a year, it did not plan to do so in March because such cleaning was already done last year. However, our record shows the town council also did not provide scaffolding for this centre’s cleaning last year.”

http://sghardtruth.com/2013/06/02/ajunied-ahpetc-town-council-bully-bedok-hougang-hawkers-stallholders-saga/

Goh Meng Seng

Sadly, you can't read or you read without understanding or you are just plain stupid. Please read his statement again.

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about you PAP AGent Goh? You have been caught lying. Don't act blur. Answer this.

The only assessment I have made wrong is the level of unhappiness Singaporeans had against PAP. YSL destiny predicted no doubt and the reasons used to sack him have been deliberated as well. In fact I was amazed at the similarity of the reasons
LTK gave and I am still hopeful the core values are intact.

The drop of support in HG is at the lower end of estimation and that is a bit surprising, though not unexpected. The unexpected result lies in PEBE. which shock all political observers.

As for TKL, I can only tell you that losing deposit is within expectation though we hope for the best. It is unfortunate as study is done before TJS stepped in. Not everyone is born politician but that doesnt mean that they are no good ans definitely, it doesnt mean those born politician are better in anyways. I still stick with my choice based on core values I believed in.

Similar to say, those so call politicians are having so much problems now because they dont,have strong principled core values.. from plagiarism,YSL saga, vote buying via lucky draw to this present saga... it has everything to do with a screw up unprincipled attitude of Smart Alec.

Just,mark my word, this is not going to be end of WP sagas... well, you may blame PAP or MSM but it takes two to clap. It has everything to do with the quality and character of WP...

Goh Meng Seng
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...kers-Party-town-council&p=1546925#post1546925

This was written by a distinguished political analyst in the run-up to the 2011 Presidential Election. Read his wisdom!!

TKL is not the one who should worry about his deposit. TCB and TJS are the ones who should be worried about their deposits.

Put it simply, TJS are playing the opposition mode which he hopes to garner those 40% of voters who have voted opposition. However, he is gravely mistaken because those who have voted opposition in GE2011 consists of only 20% or less of hardcore anti-PAP while the other are made up of swing voters who are generally the silent majority.

TJS may not get ALL of those hardcore opposition votes, especially when he goes full blast into opposition mode of aggressiveness. Technically speaking, he has embarked on a suicidal mission with a mistaken understanding of voters profile. Those people who surround him giving him the wrong advice are basically hardcore anti-PAP people. This is the most suicidal composition in view of multi-corner fight. If it is one on one, maybe not so bad. But in multi-corner fight, we know that voters will go for those with more centrist and milder version of opposition positioning.

TCB's campaigning messages are not inspiring at all and keep repeating grandfather story of his past glories. Not many people can resonate with that kind of stories.

The worse part is for him to make a few critical mistakes. Accusing others as "vote buying" when they offer to donate part or huge part of their own Presidential salary really looks bad on him. He has been contesting under PAP and there are even MORE DIRECT vote buying by PAP through HDB upgrading and such but he has kept quiet all this while but now, suddenly, he said he has principle not to buy vote? And such reasoning of vote buying is so weak!

This is the main reason why he should worry of his deposit.

Goh Meng Seng
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?99218-PE-Prediction-Wishlist-Lay-it-down-here&p=805519#post805519

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

I really feel sorry for Goh. Everyone except him, please refer to the URL below. For him he need not since he will comprehend out something different from whatever he reads anyway and will defend NEA despite what NEA says anyway.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ouncil-reminder-cleaning-common-areas-2013060

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always nice to put a face to who we are talking about. The following is Mr Andrew Tan, CEO of NEA. Looks like another MOS wannabe.

challenge-july2012-54-e1342587564953-400x273.jpg

The NEA CEO is trying to score cookie points with LHL?

Mr Andrew Tan, CEO of NEA
Mr Andrew Tan, 41, began his career with the Singapore Administrative Service in the Ministry of Information and the Arts. He was subsequently posted to the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) where he held appointments as Head (Control of Manpower Department), Deputy Director (Defence Relations)and Director (Policy Office). He was appointed Principal Private Secretary to Senior Minister (and later Minister Mentor) Lee Kuan Yew from 2002 to 2004. He also held senior appointments in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Deputy Secretary (Policy), and later, Deputy Secretary (International).

Mr Tan is also the Director, Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) in the Ministry of National Development.

Mr Tan graduated from King's College, University of London with a First Class Honours Degree in History and holds a Masters in Public Administration

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't act blur. Answer this.

I read this with amazement.

When asked how Tan Kin Lian lost his deposit instead of winning or at least keeping his deposit, Goh's reply was he was wrong about level of unhappiness Singaporeans had against PAP.

Huh??? Is he indirectly saying that Tan Kin Lian is with the PAP?

I think he has lost it and is really not thinking through before speaking or writing anymore.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Something for you to think about...

There is one curious point I still cannot figure out about this whole NEA-Hawkers-WP saga... WP AHTC keeps saying that they will pay for everything with regards to the spring cleaning but NEA said for last year's cleaning, AHTC didn't provide the scaffolding as well. More importantly, now it is apparently that other hawker centres have confirmed that AHTC didn't provide any scaffolding for past cleaning and doesn't provide the present ongoing cleaning as well....the contractor didn't provide the scaffolding for the present cleaning and ended up using "long pole" to do the cleaning...

Now, why didn't AHTC take the contractor to task for not erecting scaffolding to do their job? AHTC actually allows their contractor to do the cleaning using "long pole"! AHTC is damn good to their contractor man!

For any contract to be put up, most organizations will make it very water tight. It will be interesting to see whether AHTC's contract to their contractor has specifically state that they need to provide the necessary scaffolding as well. If not, then base on what reasons would AHTC claims that they will not ask hawkers to give extra money for the scaffolding and cleaning?

Something is just not right somewhere....

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
One more most interesting point about the NEA-Hawkers-WP AHTC saga.... apparently from Pritam's latest press statement, the contractor ATL IS ABLE to put up the scaffolding BECAUSE they actually made quotation to the hawkers about erecting scaffolding!

But why didn't they put up the scaffolding themselves when they found that there is none? And chose to either leave the ceiling uncleaned or just use long poles to clean the ceiling.... such substandard job!

Well, it is apparently a coordinated attack alright. But it also seems that WP side is no Angel either. How could the principle AHTC allows its contractor not to put up proper equipment and setting to do a proper work?

Goh Meng Seng

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng PAP dog aka mr Dua Pao Xian

Don't know how to answer is it? Don't act blur

The only assessment I have made wrong is the level of unhappiness Singaporeans had against PAP. YSL destiny predicted no doubt and the reasons used to sack him have been deliberated as well. In fact I was amazed at the similarity of the reasons
LTK gave and I am still hopeful the core values are intact.

The drop of support in HG is at the lower end of estimation and that is a bit surprising, though not unexpected. The unexpected result lies in PEBE. which shock all political observers.

As for TKL, I can only tell you that losing deposit is within expectation though we hope for the best. It is unfortunate as study is done before TJS stepped in. Not everyone is born politician but that doesnt mean that they are no good ans definitely, it doesnt mean those born politician are better in anyways. I still stick with my choice based on core values I believed in.

Similar to say, those so call politicians are having so much problems now because they dont,have strong principled core values.. from plagiarism,YSL saga, vote buying via lucky draw to this present saga... it has everything to do with a screw up unprincipled attitude of Smart Alec.

Just,mark my word, this is not going to be end of WP sagas... well, you may blame PAP or MSM but it takes two to clap. It has everything to do with the quality and character of WP...

Goh Meng Seng
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...kers-Party-town-council&p=1546925#post1546925
For those who are in the know, they will realize that some of the core supporters who have supported him initially have left him. The problem may not lie with TCB but rather, some of his own supporters who really act like PAP/PA people. In fact, TCB's main core group consists of mainly PAP and PA people now. For some strange reasons, these people are actually chasing away other core supporters who are not within their own network.

TKL is not the one who should worry about his deposit. TCB and TJS are the ones who should be worried about their deposits. Put it simply, TJS are playing the opposition mode which he hopes to garner those 40% of voters who have voted opposition. However, he is gravely mistaken because those who have voted opposition in GE2011 consists of only 20% or less of hardcore anti-PAP while the other are made up of swing voters who are generally the silent majority.

TJS may not get ALL of those hardcore opposition votes, especially when he goes full blast into opposition mode of aggressiveness. Technically speaking, he has embarked on a suicidal mission with a mistaken understanding of voters profile. Those people who surround him giving him the wrong advice are basically hardcore anti-PAP people. This is the most suicidal composition in view of multi-corner fight. If it is one on one, maybe not so bad. But in multi-corner fight, we know that voters will go for those with more centrist and milder version of opposition positioning.

TCB's campaigning messages are not inspiring at all and keep repeating grandfather story of his past glories. Not many people can resonate with that kind of stories. The worse part is for him to make a few critical mistakes. Accusing others as "vote buying" when they offer to donate part or huge part of their own Presidential salary really looks bad on him. He has been contesting under PAP and there are even MORE DIRECT vote buying by PAP through HDB upgrading and such but he has kept quiet all this while but now, suddenly, he said he has principle not to buy vote? And such reasoning of vote buying is so weak! This is the main reason why he should worry of his deposit.

Goh Meng Seng

I am not that optimistic though.

WP will suffer a 3% drop upfront now, as their refusal to talk and negotiate may agitate SDP hardcore suppoters. These people may just vote KJ or DL instead of WP. Thus, in actual fact, WP will need a total of 11% vote swing against PAP.... LLL is not JBJ. Not possible.

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is one curious point I still cannot figure out about this whole NEA-Hawkers-WP saga... WP AHTC keeps saying that they will pay for everything with regards to the spring cleaning but NEA said for last year's cleaning, AHTC didn't provide the scaffolding as well. More importantly, now it is apparently that other hawker centres have confirmed that AHTC didn't provide any scaffolding for past cleaning and doesn't provide the present ongoing cleaning as well....the contractor didn't provide the scaffolding for the present cleaning and ended up using "long pole" to do the cleaning...

Now, why didn't AHTC take the contractor to task for not erecting scaffolding to do their job? AHTC actually allows their contractor to do the cleaning using "long pole"! AHTC is damn good to their contractor man!

For any contract to be put up, most organizations will make it very water tight. It will be interesting to see whether AHTC's contract to their contractor has specifically state that they need to provide the necessary scaffolding as well. If not, then base on what reasons would AHTC claims that they will not ask hawkers to give extra money for the scaffolding and cleaning?

One wonders why you are going back to the start as if the present memories have been erased, whereas everyone else is growing in information.

AHPE said they are willing to pay for scaffolding but NEA told them there was no need to. On NEA's part, they have not refuted this to date, but sent a cleaning reminder instead (the same reminder which by the way was invisible to you).

You are so lost, that's why you find missing bits everywhere. Everyone else is clear.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One more most interesting point about the NEA-Hawkers-WP AHTC saga.... apparently from Pritam's latest press statement, the contractor ATL IS ABLE to put up the scaffolding BECAUSE they actually made quotation to the hawkers about erecting scaffolding!

But why didn't they put up the scaffolding themselves when they found that there is none? And chose to either leave the ceiling uncleaned or just use long poles to clean the ceiling.... such substandard job!

Well, it is apparently a coordinated attack alright. But it also seems that WP side is no Angel either. How could the principle AHTC allows its contractor not to put up proper equipment and setting to do a proper work?

Goh Meng Seng

For this case it is comprehension. The contractors can provide scaffolding at a cost, provided someone is willing to pay for the cost. Because no one accepted paying for the cost, the contractors did not set up the scaffolding. If NEA had not told AHPE that they need not bear the cost, AHPE would have paid for it.

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both NEA and AHTC need to sit down together to sort this out.. if not the poor netizens will fight/quarrel until no end.. maybe that was what NEA and AHTC conspire :eek:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think it is MORE IMPORTANT for AHTC to sit down and talk to hawkers... but alas, AHTC REFUSED to meet Hawkers' representatives, only want to meet NEA as "leading agency".... why? That's the curious part.

Goh Meng Seng

Both NEA and AHTC need to sit down together to sort this out.. if not the poor netizens will fight/quarrel until no end.. maybe that was what NEA and AHTC conspire :eek:

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is MORE IMPORTANT for AHTC to sit down and talk to hawkers... but alas, AHTC REFUSED to meet Hawkers' representatives, only want to meet NEA as "leading agency".... why? That's the curious part.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS PAP dog,

You fucking gong gong is it :oIo:

AHTC has learnt their lesson. Dealing with multiple parties all under 1 PAP umbrella will only result in flip-flop prata saga. NEA say 1 thing, then don't admit push to Hawker Aso, Hawker Asso ditto.

AHTC will not fall for this PAP trick again. Grab the head of ops in this case NEA and make them commit to what they want :oIo:

BTW, no rebuttal on you being a LIAR? :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess like all of us here, you too did not expect an email with a very clear information from NEA about the cleaning arrangements to exist. It helped clear the air considerably and the onus lies with NEA. It also explains why NEA refused to address that interesting point. They still have not.
Like it or not, it did not help your agenda or your thoughts behind all this.

Like Tan Kin Lian this is yet another non-event.

I have little doubt that all this centres around Moulmein and the failure of WP to relent. It has become personal and every little scrap becomes an opportunity.

I don't think anyone including WP supporters can fault you if there are genuine concerns about WP or there is indeed an incident that requires some investigation.

There is one curious point I still cannot figure out about this whole NEA-Hawkers-WP saga...

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is within my expectation that such things will happen. As I have said, it will become NEA's words against AHTC but the most important part is the HAWKERS' testimony. As I have said, people may view NEA vs AHTC may have political perspective and whatever both said will be discounted somehow. BUT, Hawkers are the third party without vested political interests here.

Thus, when Hawkers made complaints about being told by AHTC employee, that's the killing part. And the fact is that AHTC has made contradictory points... while it claims AHTC will pay for everything including scaffolding, why did it expect hawkers to pay for it in the first place? Not only for one hawker centres, but for ALL the hawker centres! And yet, for the present cleaning at one of the hawker centre, scaffolding has not been put up and AHTC actually allows its contractor to clean the ceiling using "long poles"? Sure or not?

In this aspect, it is quite apparent that AHTC has lost its PR battle. Seeing is believing...AHTC can make whatever claims it wants to but people on the ground will believe only what they see. The more Pritam keeps singing statements which contradicts to what is happening to the ground, the more damage to his and WP's credibility....

Goh Meng Seng

I guess like all of us here, you too did not expect an email with a very clear information from NEA about the cleaning arrangements to exist. It helped clear the air considerably and the onus lies with NEA. It also explains why NEA refused to address that interesting point. They still have not.
Like it or not, it did not help your agenda or your thoughts behind all this.

Like Tan Kin Lian this is yet another non-event.

I have little doubt that all this centres around Moulmein and the failure of WP to relent. It has become personal and every little scrap becomes an opportunity.

I don't think anyone including WP supporters can fault you if there are genuine concerns about WP or there is indeed an incident that requires some investigation.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
From the latest happening and the substandard press statement from Pritam, it is apparent that AHTC is bending backward to its contractor. It allows its contractor to clean ceilings with "long poles" even though it is apparent that the contractor can get scaffolding to be erected.

There can be only two possibilities... either AHTC or its Ma FMSS has failed to draw up a water tight cleaning contract to demand its contractor to erect scaffolding and provide necessary equipment to do the cleaning or that this contractor is sama sama as FMSS... kaki lang company....

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, now the hawkers have upped the saga by another notch.... By asking for compensations from AHTC...

Hawkers vs WP.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess we are resigned to the fact that this forum will forever serve as his gym (Goh's Gym?) with a Wplast (not Everlast) brand punching bag.

Given the acts of finding fault from all non-existent stuff and bypassing or ignoring the easily-derived rebuttals.

Last edited: