• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stallholders in row with Workers Party town council

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........Curiously though, if Ng Kok Khim and the hawkers did ask for a quotation, why did they not get quotations from several suppliers before deciding which quotation to shortlist.

Agree but we will never know if lackey NgKK did request for other quotations

Furthermore if lackey NgKK was really misled to believe the hawkers need only the scaffolding then why after receiving the quotation for a full cleaning, he never clarify with ATL and happily accepted it?

So I believe lackey NgKK actually asked for a quote on full cleaning. Why? Dunno. Ask him yourself

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotations are signed if the buyer is satisfied that the conditions stated within are satisfactory. Purchase orders are issued if the buyer wants partial items in the quotation or wants to add more conditions. So either way is practised.

Thanks for clarifying on why the quotation is signed. I didn't know that's how they do it in the construction/building maintenance business. I thought companies would send purchase order upon shortlisting a particular quotation.

Ok, that clear's up the confusion..:biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is a lame excuse. The quotation addressed to the Hawker Association and the service quoted is high rise cleaning for the March cleaning.

Wasn't I saying the exact same thing. It's the Hawkers' Association and not "hawkers". It's important to separate the two because the quotation is requested by one person. The HA may represent the hawkers, but it's silly if the hawkers micromanage what quotations Ng asks for every day.

A quotation is not a petition. Hearing from you I would have thought the contractor photocopied the quotation and distributed to all the hawkers.

There is no doubt about what the quotation is about, an attemp of dishonestly double charging the hawkers.

Trace back this thread of 27 pages and you will find that I had pointed out 3 loopholes from this 1 point alone - the naive method, freewill and contradiction with AHPETC's "charges". WP critics claim they do not need to be spoonfed but tend to intentionally bypass. This point is smashed to bits and I don't think I need to repeat.

Seriously, I hope BSBS Brigade people should learn to read properly and completely.

This isn't even related to WP. ATL the contractor's website shows it also does cleaning for PAP TCs and govt agencies.

Dont always try to use twisted logic to,argue your way out just like what Pritam has done... that is,smart alec attitude which will make you look,real bad.

Do you realize that the things you use to describe other people tend to fit you more than other people. Who in the world thinks the biggest crime is issuing additional items in a quotation. If that is not twisted logic from a smart alec who now looks real bad, I dread to think what will happen if you were PM. It might be more draconian than PAP as you will charge people with all kinds of crimes.

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
1013708_596124427087215_1245285119_n.jpg

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Companies that provides goods and services provide quotations upon request all the time. If your mother in law ask for one, a company will provide it without hesitation and they are not about to check if she is sane, insane, dead or alive. The checks come in when a purchase order is raised and it is to ensure the party has money to pay for it.

You got to ask Ng and his associates why the quotation carries his name and the quotation states in black and white that it was requested.

If Ng or his associates did not make the request, they should sue ATL. As Ng is a PAP cadre, he can consult fellow cadre Dr Vasoo who is highly qualified in this field have lodged a few legal suits over a period of 20 years including one as recent as last year. It will go towards exonerating him.
hahaha.....scroobal, again trying to "be clever".
my mother-in-law don't issue PO and so do many other mother-in-law...
i doubt u have actual dealings with quotations/POs etc...
it is common for vendors to approach person in charge and offer to quote and then use "Thank you for inviting to quote" in the quotation.
you are really a frog in the well.
in this case, it is also A's words against B's words and if there are no other witnesses.....how to sue???
again talking through your arse......truely retarded.

Last edited:

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low to lim kopi with Vivian soon?

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ing-starts-today-wp-run-town-council-20130624

Market cleaning starts today for WP-run town council

All areas of Block 511 to be spruced up over 5 days, says WP-run town council

ST_20130624_AOHAWKER24_3715152e.jpg

Hawkers said they preferred to close for five days for a thorough cleaning rather than close for three days and have the high areas cleaned at another time. -- ST PHOTO: AZIZ HUSSIN

By Andrea Ong

THE Workers' Party-run town council has agreed to a request from hawkers at a Bedok North market to clean all areas - including the ceiling - over five days starting today.

This is a change from a previous decision of the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) to clean the lower areas of the Block 511 Bedok North Street 3 market over three days, and clean high areas only next month.

"It is now agreed that (the) market will close for five days as past practice to facilitate high area cleaning to coincide with spring cleaning," said WP and AHPETC chairman Sylvia Lim yesterday in an e-mail to The Straits Times.

She said the town council acceded to the request by the Block 511 hawker association after further discussions, following a June 6 meeting between AHPETC, the National Environment Agency (NEA) and hawkers from two markets.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...u are simple minded but not cunning or street smart.... so I give u the leeway...
let me tell u for a fact most hawkers are not concerned about public hygiene of public areas.....
if NEA did not stipulates that cleaning has to be done, most hawkers will be happy not to shut down business to do it.....
u are blinded by your anti-papeee sentiment to have some cow sense....and an idiot if u keep thinking that the hawkers asked for extra cleaning..

don't take my words for it.....but fact is until today....
AHPETC has blamed it on NEA and has never said that the extra quotation/charges were due to hawkers asking for additional cleaning.

here's something that may convince you the mar cleaning was never meant to include >2.5m area. maybe you are correct, individual hawkers also dun request for it but definitely at least girl girl, nea and lackey ngkk wanted it
http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/07/1...nformation-found-in-minister-vivians-dossier/

the fact that girl girl/nea bothered enough to twist and turn, to add in extra "annual" suggests they have something to hide

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
here's something that may convince you the mar cleaning was never meant to include >2.5m area. maybe you are correct, individual hawkers also dun request for it but definitely at least girl girl, nea and lackey ngkk wanted it
http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/07/1...nformation-found-in-minister-vivians-dossier/

the fact that girl girl/nea bothered enough to twist and turn, to add in extra "annual" suggests they have something to hide
hahaha....there is no need to go around in circles and focused on peripheral issues and get distracted......
this case is crystal clear......it is due to incompetent AHPETC workers/manager with totally bo chap attitudes to boot....
that the hawker center will be closed for 5 days had been known and agreed by every party involved......
that there will be scaffolds involved is also known to AHPETC.....
so the simple question is why AHPETC did not clarify the need for closing for 5 days and arranging for scaffolds when no cleaning of high areas is planned for.....
if you look at the excuse by AHPETC....misunderstanding over terminology, misleading emails.......it is really a joke.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....there is no need to go around in circles and focused on peripheral issues and get distracted......
this case is crystal clear......it is due to incompetent AHPETC workers/manager with totally bo chap attitudes to boot....
that the hawker center will be closed for 5 days had been known and agreed by every party involved......
so the simple question is why AHPETC did not clarify the need for closing for 5 days and arranging for scaffolds when no cleaning of high areas is planned for.....
if you look at the excuse by AHPETC....misunderstanding over terminology, misleading emails.......it is really a joke.

Your selection of 'facts' is bewildering. NEA said the scaffolding arranged by the hawkers were for the covering of stalls. This is totally illogical - Hawkers hire contractor to cover stalls, so why would they want to hire scaffolding for that job? The contractor covering the stalls will use its own way to cover the stalls. And why would anyone be stupid to use scaffolding for the covering of stall when a ladder would suffice?

Let's face the facts - NEA told the hawkers that there the spring cleaning would be an annual cleaning. NEA had asked the hawkers to arrange for the scaffolding. NEA convey the latter to WP TC. WP TC was prepared to do the annual cleaning until it discovered that there was no scaffolding. So, they proceeded to do the initial spring cleaning. NEA screwed up and facing the wrath of hawkers, decided to write a tale and pin the blame on the WP TC.

That's the simple story that you choose not to see.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to see you dun seem to dispute the mar cleaning was never meant to include >2.5m areas anymore.. so any >2.5m cleaning=extra

disagree that is "peripheral issues". you will see the reason later..

i think nobody disputed that lackey ngkk/hawker association wanted >2.5m cleaning so i dun see why there was any confusion that needed any1 to clarify. esp not since any >2.5m cleaning would be "extra" to ahpetc....

that was directed at girl girl, since she insisted mar cleaning was supposed to include >2.5m areas while nea/lackey ngkk/hawker association/ahpetc all thought otherwise.

i'd say ahpetc was actually trying to give girl girl benefit of doubt that she misunderstood.

so you should be whining that girl girl is not as smart as you are to understand those "peripheral issues" and girl girl for having "totally bo chap attitudes to boot." to not "clarify".

===EDIT===
i want to qualify that my "nea" above refers to nea-chin in those emails.

i should, could and must have made better distinction between nea-chin then and the girl girl/nea now.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste time with that useless fella.

Look how the clown ignored why NEA itself did not refer the HA back to the TC if they wanted a date different from that scheduled by the AHPETC since TCs were given discretion on scheduling their own cleanings.

He again ignored conveniently that the whole ruckus was started by PAP agents expelled from their previous Aljunied GRC after the PAP loss there in GE2011, and looking to "do good" for their members but ended up screwing everybody.

This pathetic guy only believes in ST reports and PAP propaganda, yet he comes onboard and spew ridiculous arguments that he thought are smart ass based on selective amnesia. I guess we need guys like these sometimes otherwise the world is pretty boring place. he's just arguing for arguing sake.

Your selection of 'facts' is bewildering. NEA said the scaffolding arranged by the hawkers were for the covering of stalls. This is totally illogical - Hawkers hire contractor to cover stalls, so why would they want to hire scaffolding for that job? The contractor covering the stalls will use its own way to cover the stalls. And why would anyone be stupid to use scaffolding for the covering of stall when a ladder would suffice?

Let's face the facts - NEA told the hawkers that there the spring cleaning would be an annual cleaning. NEA had asked the hawkers to arrange for the scaffolding. NEA convey the latter to WP TC. WP TC was prepared to do the annual cleaning until it discovered that there was no scaffolding. So, they proceeded to do the initial spring cleaning. NEA screwed up and facing the wrath of hawkers, decided to write a tale and pin the blame on the WP TC.

That's the simple story that you choose not to see.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't bother to convince him. Heard of the ass who still wont drink even if you led him to it? i had this Singapore independence thing with him and my oh my, the dumb things he said would make a moron blush.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
O
The hawkers want additional service over and above what NEA has stipulated and they want it for free. The Town Council cannot simply misappropriate residents conservancy charges to look good politically or cave into to political extortion.

I have checked - the majority of PAP operated TCs don't offer these additional services to hawkers for free. The hawkers already enjoy subsidised fees.

Once again, it would be irresponsible for TC to cave in to a small group of arseholes.

Agreed. The TC looks after the residents, the businessmen can take care of themselves.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't bother to convince him. Heard of the ass who still wont drink even if you led him to it? i had this Singapore independence thing with him and my oh my, the dumb things he said would make a moron blush.

looks like you and kukubird58 has a long history of love/hate relationship..

i'm new here so i will gladly listen to any advise/suggestion but i would like to think that i could make my own conclusion... so far i'm still undecided on how to categorize kukubird58

1 thing is for sure. leongsam sure prefers people like kukubird58, rabid gohms because they keep the forum human traffic high.

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Selective reading at its best. You are no better.

If you read the entire dossier (including those provided by WP), NEA informed Pradreep of the clean-up from 4 to 8 March. A 5 days period is given. You mean it doesn't occur to you it's about the annual spring cleaning? If it clashes with WP's intended schedule for it to be in October, why didn't you clarify?

If WP wants to insist they read it as spring cleaning (those done quarterly), why then did Pradreep ask about scaffolding which is the set-up required for ANNUAL spring cleaning in the next email instead?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selective reading at its best. You are no better.
you want to start labeling, name calling?

childish..

If you read the entire dossier (including those provided by WP), NEA informed Pradreep of the clean-up from 4 to 8 March. A 5 days period is given. You mean it doesn't occur to you it's about the annual spring cleaning? If it clashes with WP's intended schedule for it to be in October, why didn't you clarify?
, why then did Pradreep ask about scaffolding which is the set-up required for ANNUAL spring cleaning in the next email instead?
"annual spring cleaning" was dreamed up by girl girl few days ago. in all the original emails, nea-chin/lackey ngkk/hawker association/ahpetc were talking about spring cleaning.

so if there is no law that bans extra >2.5m cleaning during the spring cleaning then why any1 needs to clarify about scaffolding, close 5days?

If WP wants to insist they read it as spring cleaning (those done quarterly)
looks like you understand the difference between annual and spring cleaning.... so why you obfuscate above with annual spring cleaning?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the PAP-controlled RC creating troubles for the WP. The WP TC should expect more of such fires fanned by the PAP cronies in the supposedly grassroot groups.

Hello Victorious WP GRC members.

Behave like the ICA.

Treat the PAP members there like pariahs and slowly win the support of the people to kick them out.

They have no place in your GRC.

Thanks the ICA for teaching you to treat them as despicable and un-welcomed people.

These are "contagious and extremely dangerous people". Keep them off like the Miss Anopheles, Dengue and Culex

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If WP wants to insist they read it as spring cleaning (those done quarterly), why then did Pradreep ask about scaffolding which is the set-up required for ANNUAL spring cleaning in the next email instead?
It occurred to me that
1 the original intention is a quarterly spring cleaning
2 somebody from mysterious organisation wanted this cleaning to include high area
3 TC objected as annual cleaning is scheduled in Oct
4 this unknown party insisted and final compromise, with the coordination of nea is for hawker to pay for scaffolding while TC provide labour foc for cleaning of high areas. That is why despite knowing that closure is for 5 days, the official classification is still Quarterly Cleaning.
5 this mysterious rep when back telling hawkers that TC wants them to pay.
6 hawkers refuse and the mysterious rep left the matter as it is resulting in closure with no scaffolding.