• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SQ Economy Flight Meals Look like Complete Pieces of Shit!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its allowed if you pack it well
the issue is security check prior to boarding. they may not allow soft food that can mask sexplosive material. in u.s. it’s not a problem as there are eateries at the airports near boarding gates that sell freshly prepared meals and drinks after tsa security check. you can carry your meals and drinks with you when you board. in sg, the security scan is done at boarding gate and once cleared passenger is ushered to boarding enclosure and gets stuck there. cannot even go to loo. if need to go to loo must exit boarding area and re-enter again thru’ security scan. any soft meals kena scanned sexpecially with gravy may get confiscated and discarded.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
sq is one of very few airlines where one can walk up to the rear galley and ask for any kind of beverage from beer, wine and soda to hot coffee and tea and grab a few bites and snacks for makan from the big basket. i prefer this self service method than stupid entitled passengers constantly buzzing the attendants for service. walk down the aisle, stretch legs, take a leak at the lavatory, scan the other passengers for chio-ness (usually none) and seek out the drink and food.
Donkey years ago, I was on a Thai Airways Airbus flight from Bangkok to Yangon (as called at that time). The whole plane had only 8 passengers. When it came to meal times, the air stewardess just told me: You can have anything you like on the menu and even a second serving if you want. I asked them why had the flight proceeded since there were only 8 passengers? She said that they had to cater to (more) returning passengers on their return flight to Bangkok.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Donkey years ago, I was on a Thai Airways Airbus flight from Bangkok to Yangon (as called at that time). The whole plane had only 8 passengers. When it came to meal times, the air stewardess just told me: You can have anything you like on the menu and even a second serving if you want. I asked them why had the flight proceeded since there were only 8 passengers? She said that they had to cater to (more) returning passengers on their return flight to Bangkok.
That means they don't trust yangon airport to prepare the meals for the return flight. Maybe the airport doesn't even have catering services.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must be a young and gone getaway in yangon by thigh travellers on a previous flight.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wonder if it's related to the number of former military officers parachuted into SIA.
Economy class, cookhouse food, Business class, Sgt mess food and 1st class, Officer's mess food.
Budget airline get field ration?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means they don't trust yangon airport to prepare the meals for the return flight. Maybe the airport doesn't even have catering services.
At that time, the Yangon airport was very mediocre with no connecting aero-bridge and the plane would just parked at about 80m from the terminal building. So, passengers would just walk across to the terminal building after getting down the flight of stairs. Should it rain, passengers would just be given a plastic poncho to cover yourself.

The whole town was quite pathetic as once you leave the airport, you'll get beggars coming to ask for money. I also stayed at the once famous Inya Lake Hotel, which was very run down at that time due to the poor management by the military junta. When you see its swimming pool, you will vomit. By the way, I was there for work purposes, not for leisure. Surprisingly, some of our old (expired) NTUC Comfort taxis can be found cruising on their roads, although their traffic system is left-hand drive.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only fucking idiots expect a good airline meal....it is all prepared and boxed hours before the flight.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wonder if it's related to the number of former military officers parachuted into SIA.
Economy class, cookhouse food, Business class, Sgt mess food and 1st class, Officer's mess food.
Budget airline get field ration?
AssQ flights should serve food on these metal trays instead. Brings back great memories.

5318aefd-b67b-4f2e-8b5d-291828bee6e0.99b346ec7dbd128bdb9965857d7d66fb-1.jpeg

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suppliers had bribed SIA and SATS, will be exposed like NTUC purchasers in future.

Euro dropped a lot against singapore dollar since covid but why you think your inflight ice-cream changed from Haagen Daz to Udders?