• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore's daily Covid-19 cases might hit 3,200 next week at current infection rate: MOH

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The number of daily Covid-19 cases in Singapore is expected to hit 3,200 next week, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on Sep. 24.

Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council

3,200 cases expected in the next week​

MOH said that the possibility of cases doubling even further cannot be ruled out, if the infection rate in Singapore continues at its current trajectory.
The surge in the daily number of Covid-19 cases, which began in the end of August 2021, has seen a rapid increase in the number of individuals with mild symptoms who seek medical attention at hospitals, when it might not be necessary.
MOH said that this has strained the overall healthcare and response system, and on Singapore's healthcare workers.
According to health minister Ong Ye Kung at a press conference on the same day, Singapore's healthcare system can cope with 2,000 to 3,500 cases before it reaches its threshold.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1632482705128.png

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
UZ9ZuX.svg

Wear a mask.
Save lives.

Wear a mask
Clean your hands
Keep a safe distance
More info
General public health information
Protect yourself and others around you by knowing the facts and taking appropriate precautions. Follow advice provided by your local health authority.

Check with your local health authority for the most relevant guidance for your region.

To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Maintain a safe distance from others, even if they don’t appear to be sick.
Wear a mask in public, especially indoors or when physical distancing is not possible.
Choose open, well-ventilated spaces over closed ones. Open a window if indoors.
Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
Get vaccinated when it’s your turn. Follow local guidance about vaccination.
Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Stay home if you feel unwell.

If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Call in advance so your healthcare provider can direct you to the right health facility. This protects you, and prevents the spread of viruses and other infections.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mrt ,bus,all crowded, and all staying pigeons hole,including overpriced hdb,Ec n condo,waiting like a time bomb, n also the stupid mall with ppl mask down n eat .The clowns are all still blur blur, n the stupid cow should commit harakiri,CB last time say health care can take any situation, talk lanjiao talk

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bunch of clowns make many mistakes, Don need mask ,all work n school as usual,etc , dine out OK,increase 2 to 5, now all he'll on loose, Don know why the clowns think so highly of themselves n even comment 'from lousy school' , also pay themselves so high but cannot perform,really lanjiao lang

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have advocated that Singapore should go for a lockdown. The trajectory is just too steep. There is no explanation for this "doubling" of cases every week. Something is amiss. Despite the fact that most of us are still wearing masks and following safe distancing rules. I hope it is the test kit that is giving erroneous results. if not, we should not be wasting time doing nothing. One cannot be so blind and deaf to a lightning strike.

VB once said ," If you allow bar top dancing, some people can die. " The logic may not be exactly the same, but if you allow this "covid dancing" to continue , people will surely die.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The trajectory is just too steep. There is no explanation for this "doubling" of cases every week.
The recorded cases are merely those tested positive during the ring fence. As the MOH/CERTIS weren’t able to cope with the load, which often resulted in delays, there’s chances of spreading. That’s reason number one.

There are also plenty of asymptomatic individuals who are spreading the virus unwittingly- don’t blame them as they present no symptoms, the spread is a sure-fire in a mask off setting amongst friends/family. That’s reason number two.

These unlinked asymptomatic chaps can continue to seed more unlinked clusters and our MOH/CERTIS can continue to SLOWLY issue the QOs and they will have more cases to serve. A negative feedback, if you ask me.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stubborn elderly causing problems here.
Always says don't worry, won't get covid,
I not scare, why can't go out, why can't dine out.

They are the ones crying on hospital beds.

Ignorant is the reason for their stubbornness.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trying to cover backside now and get peasants accustomed to the 'new normal'. :biggrin:

82% vaxxed population still like that... alamak! Herd immunity leh? :rolleyes:

Aiming for 90+% like Israel? Or contemplating 'inviting' more Sinkies to get the booster shots? Maybe the vaccines are not working at all? Or the vaccines made the situation worse? :sneaky:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. :cool:

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Singapore was one of the successful countries with stopping transmission?

They boasted about NCID. Contsct tracing. SHN. Quarantines.

What happened?

me think , it got to do with SG having the highest per person per sqkm in the world.

overpopulation on a small city state surpassing even HK .

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
me think , it got to do with SG having the highest per person per sqkm in the world.

overpopulation on a small city state surpassing even HK .
Is Singapore really #1 in that respect?

I think China cities are even higher. No? India?