• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore illusionists spot on in 4D prediction

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : They had a one in 10,000 chance of predicting the first prize 4D number for Wednesday's draw - 5853 - and they did.

But in an unexpected twist to "The Impossible 4D Prediction", Singapore magicians J C Sum and 'Magic Babe' Ning revealed after the official 4D results were drawn by Singapore Pools that they did not place a bet on the number that they had predicted.

Instead, they bought a number that would not win - 0000.

Flashing a typewritten note with their prediction as well as their lottery ticket, which had been sealed in a red packet and suspended in a locked box for over five days at St James Power Station, the duo repeatedly stressed that they do not encourage or condone gambling.

"While we did 100 per cent predict the winning numbers for today's draw, we did buy a ticket, but we intentionally bought a number that would not win, so we bought the number 0000," said J C.

"Ning and myself, we are professional illusionists. Our goal is to provoke wonder and thought, and I think we did that this past week."

Last week, the pair placed a S$100 big bet for a single 4D number for the January 27 draw. Had they placed their bet on their predicted number, they would have been S$200,000 richer.

The announcement of J C and Ning's new psychological illusion stunt last Monday made headlines not just in Singapore but also around the region, and created frenzy in forums and social networking sites.

It even caught the attention of the Media Development Authority (MDA) who made radio stations Class95 and 987FM cancel scheduled 'live' interviews with the pair as they felt that the stunt promotes gambling.

"We were hoping that they [the authorities] won't stop it [the stunt] because we knew ultimately where we were going. Of course we couldn't tell it from the start because how do you say it? It's like a great movie with a twist and you don't give it away," said J C.

The pair revealed that they were "71 per cent confident" of predicting the winning numbers at the beginning, but the buzz from the media and public over the week gave them a boost.

So confident were they that they decided to add a third item in the red packet last Friday when they sealed their prediction – a cheque of S$10,000.

This cheque, a donation by J C and Ning to the Children's Cancer Foundation, was presented to the organisation's chairman, Ravi Sivalingam, during the big reveal.

Said Ning, "The Children's Cancer Foundation is an organisation that I worked with since 2004. I volunteered for their Hair for Hope programme... so I knew about their cause. It was something that resonated with me... and I guess this was now or never that we did this thing with the charity."

"We are thrilled that we did indeed predict the correct winning numbers of this week's 4D draw but I think we are more thrilled that we can really contribute to Singaporeans who need the money more than we do," added J C.

- CNA :oIo::oIo::oIo:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1033677/1/.html