• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Special Food in Singapore

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sturgeons
Ten years ago, a small Geylang restaurant called Sha Tin Kitchen used to serve farmed Sturgeon. Sturgeons are prehistoric fishes but Taiwan does have sturgeon farms for retail consumption.

However, as i google online, i don't see people talking about Sha Tin Kitchen serving it anymore.

Sturgeon fish are also farmed and consumed in some AMDK countries.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giant Groupers
These fishes are huge and prized for their meat texture. They are huge not because they are very old, but because they grow very fast. I read in newspapers about restaurants selling this kind of fish in Singapore when they can lay their hands on one.

grouper1.jpg

I had the rare honor of taking a few pieces of the meat in a simple fish soup (with ginger) in Taiwan. The meat texture is really different.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crocodile

Crocodile meat is available from local supermarkets. Chinese people that taking the meat is helpful for prolonged coughing.

Local-crocodile-meat-800x593.jpg

Some people turned it into Bak kwa, maybe @zhihau can turn them into Bakchangs.

448439574.g_400-w_g.jpg

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really very special.

Phew

Kangaroo Meat
Once upon a time when Carrefour was still around in Singapore, I used to study the frozen packets of dark red kangaroo meats in the fridges. Kangaroo meats are known to be rich in vitamins and high in iron, good for ladies.

kmeat_1.png

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kangaroo Meat
Once upon a time when Carrefour was still around in Singapore, I used to study the frozen packets of dark red kangaroo meats in the fridges. Kangaroo meats are known to be rich in vitamins and
high in iron, good for ladies.

kmeat_1.png

I first time tried rabbit meat in china. As I was too weak after transplant.

But rabbit meat is really good texture.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soft-Shell Turtle Meat

These are not the ocean turtles. Marine turtles can cause food poisoning (chelonitoxism). Soft-Shell turtles are consumed in US (Southern Cooking) and Asian Countries. In China, it is cheaper (because of farming) and it is harder to find them in Malaysian restaurant these days. Singapore serves the best turtle soup (eg. Geylang Lor 21) but a good portion is more expensive than sharkfins. Ladies love the soft-shells for their collagen contents.

8-7-990x660.jpg

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I first time tried rabbit meat in china. As I was too weak after transplant.

But rabbit meat is really good texture.

Rabbit Meat

Rabbit meat is easily found in major Malaysian supermarkets, eg. Giant. These farmed meats are usually not very fresh and contains higher cholesterol.

How+to+Start+a+Profitable+Rabbit+Farm+in+kerala.gif

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fish Sperm/Milt

This is more common in good Japanese restaurant. I tried (unknowingly) once and there's there no favour, just wash it quickly down with sashimi and soya sauce. Feels gay about it, yucks!

sushidai.jpg

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
这些东西是人吃的吗?

看了都想吐

Raw Fermented Stingray
The stinkiest food I ever had in Singapore was Fermented Stingray in the best Korean restaurant in Singapore called Jeju Restaurant. Too bad it closed down now. It is ultra stinky, so stinky that many Korean don't take it. But it exists for a special reason, it goes so well with beer (lager), eg Hite that it creates a wonderful taste if you mix it with beer in every mouth.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifest...-delicacy-is-not-for-the-faint-hearted-foodie
korea1.jpg