• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sorry State for SG job Seekers

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently posted an ad for a job that I specifically say open for Singaporeans and with experience working in SG companies before

I receive load of candidate that 90% is non Singaporean.

I pick our the SG applicant and found very experience people there, in their late 40s and 50s, they are very practical and ask for only $2K odd salary.

The other 90% FT very aggressive, some already PR and have a few years experience in the same field, asking for $1800 or less.

The Singaporean in their late 40s are really screwed, I observed their CV and after so many years of working life, their pay never really get better, I even see cases of getting lower.

I'm ask to hire the cheaper one available but I'm fighting that decision base on the experience they bring with them. I will do my best to hire another Singaporean but I'm fighting an uphill battle.

Gov say we must compete, I will be more convince if they too compete for their job and not pay themselves obscene salary after election walkover then turn around to ask our people to compete with FT.

In the back of my head, I can still hear the echo of those freaks singing "Upturn the Downturn"

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTMMRrxx-Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTMMRrxx-Ug&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6-m90Wyos&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6-m90Wyos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Makes one sick always, without fail .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fight what? gov does not protect the citizen, why would company protect the citizen.
listen to your boss, hire cheap young FT, and let the old sinkies jump HDB, 66% of them vote for PAP anyway.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can just see the headlines, "FTs lead the charge in productivity drive" if PAP gets re-elected.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporation is suppose to squeeze the shit out of you, Unfortunately our governmental choose to join force with them.

You can join them but I'm not one of the 66% ass holes.

fight what? gov does not protect the citizen, why would company protect the citizen.
listen to your boss, hire cheap young FT, and let the old sinkies jump HDB, 66% of them vote for PAP anyway.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently posted an ad for a job that I specifically say open for Singaporeans and with experience working in SG companies before

I pick our the SG applicant and found very experience people there, in their late 40s and 50s, they are very practical and ask for only $2K odd salary.

The other 90% FT very aggressive, some already PR and have a few years experience in the same field, asking for $1800 or less.

The Singaporean in their late 40s are really screwed, I observed their CV and after so many years of working life, their pay never really get better, I even see cases of getting lower.

I'm ask to hire the cheaper one available but I'm fighting that decision base on the experience they bring with them. I will do my best to hire another Singaporean but I'm fighting an uphill battle.

Gov say we must compete, I will be more convince if they too compete for their job and not pay themselves obscene salary after election walkover then turn around to ask our people to compete with FT.

In the back of my head, I can still hear the echo of those freaks singing "Upturn the Downturn"

You are right that Singaporeans in their late 40s are really screwed. It really makes me wonder if Singapore is really that dearth of talents that we have to open the floodgates to all the FTs.

The majority of FTs are here for solely for one reason only, economic. They will not sink their roots here. They are just here to make money and compete with local Singaporean for jobs. That is it. Simple as that.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too receive CVs from FTs but I get a mixture of overly high wage demands based on their experience. These are graduates with no more than 3 years of experience. I find Iindian FTs usually demand higher salaries than their Filipino counterparts and the Indian FT usually has less experience.

Lastly, do not take it that Singaporeans are not inerested in a job if more FTs apply for the position. Rather it shows that FTs are aplenty, overflowing in fact, and FTs have no idea what it means to be dedicated to their employers.

FTs come here to earn as much as possible and if they get a job without cronyism then chances are that they'll keep moving from job to job as long as they get a pay increase.

Those FTs that get a job because of their own FT networks will stay because chances are that they are already highly overpaid coupled with the job being a relatively easy job.

All in all, Singaporeans are screwed and that means everyone you know that doesn't work for the garment. Quality of life in Singapore has dropped drastically.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It not about the pay lah, how can u survive with less than $2k if you have a family here? everything so ex, want to blame, blame the government, LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporation is suppose to squeeze the shit out of you, Unfortunately our governmental choose to join force with them.

You either be one of the ass holes or join the 40's/50's who is out of job.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When some PAP MP proudly boasts that Spore is being run like Spore Inc., alarm bells should have started ringing among the 66%.

I've worked in alot of companies & none of them are run for the benefit of the workers :(

The only hope for the lesser mortals of Spore is to fire the PAP & vote for a gov't & not some famiLee. Maybe this time around, maybe not, I'm not holding my breath & have made my own plans .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i suggest the people to join PAP , like army, police, civil servant, fire fighter, yes in these also have foreigner but at least not as much as private.

he want to help sinkies get jobs, well, when he get older, the FT in his company will gang up and get rid of him. He have to go and drive taxi.

tell your kids to join PAP corp.

unless they have a problem with money.

the Flood gate have already open, the water flooding in, it is not the time to put your finger in the hole or build sand bag barrier, but save yourself, by joining PAP corp.

if not your old age will be very ugly scene.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
do it for the country!!!!
take the local
one day in a war his son might just save your family..... fuck the FTs

In times of war,we nsmen will protect our families and shoot the MIW generals and the FTs.we ns men may be stupid but we know our priorities.LOL.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In times of war,we nsmen will protect our families and shoot the MIW generals and the FTs.we ns men may be stupid but we know our priorities.LOL.

If things get so bad you'll see them take the back door & disappear.
Especially since they've got all the $$$ & means to run away. For example when bird flue hit Spore where were all the PAP MPs :confused:

Don't have to worry about the FTs. They will balek kampong at the first signs of trouble. Their gov'ts will help them out. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal

I admire your courage and I admire the courage of those job applicants in their 40s and 50s.
I also detest the cowardice exhibited by the singaporean voters who continue to praise and vote the pappies. Either they are really cowardly, or they must be really stupid or ignorant.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6-m90Wyos&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG6-m90Wyos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Makes one sick always, without fail .

FUCK the CHEAPER BETTER FASTER prostitute song!

If the cheebye PAP and NTUC workers union want cheaper better faster, better employ the foreign talents below and I think most of the Singaporeans will not reject them.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/up6QThW26bg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/up6QThW26bg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not the FT problem lah, your govt insists on the benefits of bringing them in and open the floodgate what! Most FT will come and leave, the ones who stay are mostly China men and the India Indians.