• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sorry Sam, but I think you're wrong on this one (Brazil > 4000 Covid deaths daily)

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add or subtract various countries and you'll find very little correlation between those with lockdowns, masks and those where the government gave Covid the finger. Look at Croatia which I just added below. Brazil can be described as a success story in comparison.

That's not my point at all. I do not have a hand in government policy. Only my personal well-being. Either way as far as govt actions are concerned, I'm still on the fence about this. But I'm no longer on the fence about taking personal precautions.

That's all I got! :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam. You and I know about testing in 3rd world countries. It says so on the top of this graph. # of cases is lower .... limited testing.

# of confirmed cases is a bit of a guesstimate.

You can configure the graphs to your liking to look at the situation from different perspectives. Cumulative deaths per million? Italy which locked down for months is worse than Brazil. Try adding France, Belgium etc all of which took covid "seriously".

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.41.44 PM.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
so be it. the course needs correction, and nature will do it. millions will die, and if billions die, that’s how it is in the universe. time for humans on earth is sextremely short when you consider mass sextinction of prior species in the past 6.9 major mass extinction events. we must embrace death as a transition to new life or no existence at all.
in a holistic view, I do not disagree with you. In fact, if this one doesn't kill that many off, the next one will. If not that, then the next. I also think that the gap between these events will shorten and we will have them more frequently. It's a largely predictable consequence of overpopulation and overcrowding.

but on a personal level, it's just me, but I will not go quietly into the night! :laugh:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The more you look at the data the more you'll realise that infection and death rates have very little to do with government actions and far more to do with the general health of the population and how densely they are packed.
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.50.29 PM.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Fijian government a thousands times more competent when it comes to fighting Covid? I don't think so. :smile:

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.53.18 PM.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can configure the graphs to your liking to look at the situation from different perspectives. Cumulative deaths per million? Italy which locked down for months is worse than Brazil. Try adding France, Belgium etc all of which took covid "seriously".

View attachment 107747
ty for the link. I must confess to laziness. Hence why my opinion that 4000 a day is a red flag that it is not as mild as the flu and should be treated as such. That is the only point I am trying to make.

Further conclusions than that I have no right to draw nor do I possess the information to coherently do so to my own satisfaction. Doing so would be a disservice to everyone, myself included.

If I can find the drive, I will dig a bit deeper, but with all these measures, it has seriously made me just want to hibernate at home with all that entails. So yes, I can understand your frustration with our liberties being taken away from us. But no, at this moment, I am not equipped to agree or disagree with you about that topic.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in a holistic view, I do not disagree with you. In fact, if this one doesn't kill that many off, the next one will. If not that, then the next. I also think that the gap between these events will shorten and we will have them more frequently. It's a largely predictable consequence of overpopulation and overcrowding.

but on a personal level, it's just me, but I will not go quietly into the night! :laugh:
problem is when one goes there’s not too many choices to cum back to by 2069. prediction stats say it’s either a very poor ah neh from shitdia or a nigger scammer or scumbag from nigeria.:laugh:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
How dare you? We all know @Leongsam is an agent of Q. QANON will never let the Pandemic die. We asked the Chinese to release the virus and you can see it is working very well, killing everyone in sight. What a wonderful result. @Leongsam is our man here to spread as much disinformation and lies as possible, as we find those whom are evil and angry kill more than decent honest people.

Vaccines contain microchips to control you. Our agent here is just reminding you of that. Our agent like ourselves wants to see as much human pain and suffering as possible, as you can see.
ah... I'm a little tired mentally. so please pardon me if I don't understand.... :redface::redface::tongue:

but allow me to guess. Sam is trying to help kill everyone off at the behest of QANON and their Chinese lackeys?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ty for the link. I must confess to laziness. Hence why my opinion that 4000 a day is a red flag that it is not as mild as the flu and should be treated as such. That is the only point I am trying to make.

Further conclusions than that I have no right to draw nor do I possess the information to coherently do so to my own satisfaction. Doing so would be a disservice to everyone, myself included.

If I can find the drive, I will dig a bit deeper, but with all these measures, it has seriously made me just want to hibernate at home with all that entails. So yes, I can understand your frustration with our liberties being taken away from us. But no, at this moment, I am not equipped to agree or disagree with you about that topic.

There's not doubt that Covid can kill you. You have every right to be worried.

However in life we have to weigh the odds and make our choices accordingly

My likelihood of death from my bike rides is far greater compared to a covid death but I still do it because I enjoy it immensely. I've been cycling for 2/3 of my life.

However there are some of my mates who have given up because they are too scared of the traffic. To each his own.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's not doubt that Covid can kill you. You have every right to be worried.

However in life we have to weigh the odds make our choices.

My likelihood of death from my bike rides is far greater compared to a covid death but I still do it because I enjoy it immensely. I've been cycling for 2/3 of my life.

However there are some of my mates who have given up because they are too scared of the traffic. To each his own.
and thank you for that. I do not cycle for that reason amongst others. If I lived in Holland I probably would. And on balance a whole bunch of things will likely kill me before covid, but I don't wish to add it to my list of things to worry about.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
nzherald.co.nz

Deadly year on the roads for cyclists, fatalities more than triple that of 2016
Alice Peacock

5-6 minutes

Cyclist John Bonner was killed on Friday on Te Atatu Rd. Bonner is one of 18 cyclists who have died on our roads so far this year. Photo / Doug Sherring
It's been a killer year on the roads for cyclists with the number of fatalities more than triple that of 2016.
The 18 cyclists killed so far this year stands with close to three weeks left in the year. The total number of cyclists killed on our roads last year was five - slightly fewer than the 6 cyclists who died in 2015.
To date, 352 people have been killed on New Zealand's roads, compared to 304 this time last year.
Road policing Superintendent Steve Greally said the numbers relating to cyclist deaths were very concerning.
"They've tripled. Over tripled, almost quadrupled."
Greally also noted that the number of pedestrian deaths was up from the year before.
"They're all vulnerable road users, they're the users of our roads that don't have the protection of a car, a truck or a van."
Greally thought a spike in cyclist deaths could be because warm, dry weather is encouraging Kiwis to bike, rather than drive to work. An increase in the number of people taking up cycling as a hobby could factor in, too.
Of the 18 deaths so far this year, 13 were people over the age of 40. Twelve of these were men. Just two female cyclists died.
Alongside the fatalities, 556 cyclists had been injured.
Just last week City Mission social worker John Bonner, 51, died when his bike and a car collided in the Auckland suburb of Te Atatu.
At the couple's home, Bonner's partner Arna Hutton spoke to the Herald about the loss of the man she described as her "kindred spirit" and the "most wonderful father" to their sons, aged 13, 15 and 17.
"It's a huge loss for our family. It's just enormous for the well-being of our children, who we have spent every moment ensuring that they are kept well and loved and protected.
A death notice in the Herald today described Bonner as a "much loved" member of the Auckland City Mission whanau.
"We will miss his strength, compassion, wit and incredible spirit," it said.
Police are investigating the crash.
In September 7-year-old Inglewood Primary School student Emma Warren was killed when she was hit by a truck while using a pedestrian crossing as she biked home from school.
Days before, a cyclist was killed when he and a truck collided in Napier. The cyclist and truck collided on Georges Dr between Kennedy Rd and Thistle St just before 6pm on September 21.
And a cyclist died on September 24 after a crash on Western Lake Rd, South Wairarapa.
"CPR was commenced, but was unsuccessful," a police spokesperson said.
In April, Graeme Leach, 67, died after his bike was allegedly hit by a Halls Transport truck and trailer unit on a busy Hamilton road.
Michael Allan Hodgins, 45, of Manurewa, faced charges of careless driving causing the death.
The Cycling Action Network said the preliminary figures were "disturbing".
Spokesman Patrick Morgan said on average, there were around 10 to 12 fatal crashes each year. The increase mirrored an overall rise in road deaths, he said, but it was hard to know what else was behind the spike.
"There are a number of theories around why this could be. It could be a general rise in the number of people cycling in New Zealand, or an over representation of heavy vehicles on our roads."
Morgan said a wraparound approach was needed to cut the number.
He wanted more 30km/h or 40km/h speed limits in inner-city areas and better designing for intersections.
CDTINIQXMRVZDTUPPQ5UMODWAU.jpg

Cyclists could also help themselves, he said, by "following road rules" and "not being an idiot".
The Transport Agency's Crash Analysis System was a useful tool in looking at factors contributing to crashes involving cyclists that resulted in injuries or death.
Dr Glenn Koorey from traffic engineering company ViaStrada said the system showed at least 60 per cent of crashes were at intersections or driveways.
Another common factor was heavy vehicles, which were involved in about 30 per cent of fatal crashes involving cyclists. Koorey said this percentage had been much higher this year.
Heading into the holiday period, which was typically busy and fraught with crashes, Greally was encouraging all road users to be aware of one another.
"We just want people to be safe. Give cyclists space, it's not just a bike, it's a person on a bike with a family, friends, a life. Whether you're a cyclist or a motorist, we've got to be aware that we share the roads.
"And if you've got different view on that, get over it."

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our agent Sam only uses data prepared by us that we use to recruit many millions worldwide. The data is taken out of context and looks real, but it is not, but because we repeat it on 1000 websites and release it on social media, we have misinformation agents like Sam whom are trying to convince you that his data is real. We find that by repeating lies over and over eventually people will think its true, as the Chinese have taught us.

The real goal here is to pretend our virus is not deadly, when of course it is. We find that by downplaying the severity of the disease, more people die.

Since we and Sam want death, we deny the virus is a big deal, and the things that help control it, like masks and vaccines and Joe Biden are to be avoided at all costs.

After all with this Pandemic and the millions of dead, lives upended, chaos, businesses ruined, stress, and misery, isnt life better?

Do you really want to return to normalcy and prosperity again? Who needs that, Disgusting.
thanks for the explainer! :thumbsup: