• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sorry Sam, but I think you're wrong on this one (Brazil > 4000 Covid deaths daily)

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does that graph alter the fact that less than 0.169% of Brazil's population have succumbed to Covid? The graph will go up and then it will come down regardless of who is running Brazil.

Read it again, you twit

Ex_NYmaXIAcdwOb.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
214 million population,everyone in Brazil has covid?

Let's assume every has covid in Brazil and it's full zombie apocalypse......at current 4000 death rate that's 1.2 million deaths a year....more than 1%....

If we assume a lower rate of infected cases.....the mortality rate could be as high as 2 to 5%.

Not everyone will get Covid. A Portion of any population will always have natural immunity to any particular virus.

And this death rate will not continue. It will just fizzle out just as the Spanish flu did.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. Every time. Wrong.

View attachment 107725
How does that graph alter the fact that less than 0.169% of Brazil's population have succumbed to Covid? The graph will go up and then it will come down regardless of who is running Brazil.
Sam, putting running the country aside, I've heard that the virus is mutating into deadlier forms. Easier transmission and greater severity. The 0.15 to 0.2% may no longer be true.

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone will get Covid. A Portion of any population will always have natural immunity to any particular virus.

And this death rate will not continue. It will just fizzle out just as the Spanish flu did.

Genocide. So sad. Just a minor flu with millions dead.

Brazil virus deaths ‘biggest genocide in our history’: Lula
AFP
BERLIN , MARCH 26, 2021 22:03 IST
UPDATED: MARCH 26, 2021 22:03 IST
  • SHARE ARTICLE
  • PRINT
  • A A A

As toll surpasses 300000, he asks Bolsonaro to apologise to people

Brazil’s over 3,00,000 deaths from the coronavirus amount to the “biggest genocide” in the Latin American country’s history, former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said on Friday

“On Tuesday, 3,158 people died of Covid in Brazil. It’s the biggest genocide in our history,” Mr. Lula told Germany’s Der Spiegel weekly, adding that Mr. Bolsonaro had lied to the Brazilian people about the pandemic. “We must save Brazil from COVID-19,” the former President added, saying that “Brazil will not withstand it if this man continues to govern in this way”.

As Brazil surpassed 3,00,000 deaths from the virus on Wednesday, Mr. Lula called on Mr. Bolsonaro to apologise to the families of victims.

More than 12 million people have been infected in Brazil, including the virus-sceptical far-right President Bolsonaro.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more unfit and lazy bums the virus cull, the better it is for the planet (and everyone else who keeps fit and slim). i believe you and i share the same belief in the evolutionary process and law of the jungle. the world is now taken over by weak-knee politicians who bend to the will of the (weaker, lazier, more stupid, unhealthy) majority. by 2069 at this rate, earth will be dominated by sexplosion of populations in africa, south asia, south east asia, and covered in every corner with poverty, filth and homelessness. i tell myself never to be reborn nor reincarnate again. it will be living hell on the planet. an epic culling can help change the course.
except that this virus does not discriminate. Sure there are the co-factors leading to greater likelihood of severe disease. But I've heard of super healthy people dropping like flies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
At this point, I will politely disagree with you on that definition. I would consider enough of a killer to warrant further measures. I know, I know there are worse things with mortality rates reaching 30-50%.

The point that most people miss is that measures don't work. The choice is between learning to live with the virus while destroying the economy vs living with the virus and keeping the economy going.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's look at the graph again on 1 june 2021. :smile:
ok. but for now, I'm going to be more cautious than I was before. 1st and 2nd wave I was pretty unconcerned. But with this 3rd wave and the variants, I've started taking precautions.

suggest for those reading, whichever way you believe that precautions may not be a bad idea. At the end of the day, just stay away from other people and stay outdoors if you must leave your home.

good luck to all of us.

and sam, I'd like to see you prove me wrong for the sake of this world returning to normalcy soon. :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Genocide. So sad. Just a minor flu with millions dead.

Brazil virus deaths ‘biggest genocide in our history’: Lula
AFP
BERLIN , MARCH 26, 2021 22:03 IST
UPDATED: MARCH 26, 2021 22:03 IST
  • SHARE ARTICLE
  • PRINT
  • A A A

As toll surpasses 300000, he asks Bolsonaro to apologise to people

Brazil’s over 3,00,000 deaths from the coronavirus amount to the “biggest genocide” in the Latin American country’s history, former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said on Friday

“On Tuesday, 3,158 people died of Covid in Brazil. It’s the biggest genocide in our history,” Mr. Lula told Germany’s Der Spiegel weekly, adding that Mr. Bolsonaro had lied to the Brazilian people about the pandemic. “We must save Brazil from COVID-19,” the former President added, saying that “Brazil will not withstand it if this man continues to govern in this way”.

As Brazil surpassed 3,00,000 deaths from the virus on Wednesday, Mr. Lula called on Mr. Bolsonaro to apologise to the families of victims.

More than 12 million people have been infected in Brazil, including the virus-sceptical far-right President Bolsonaro.

Just ignore these sorts of articles they are political not scientific. The notion that Brazil's death toll would have been any lower if the former President was still in charge is just ludicrous.

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ignore these sorts of articles they are political not scientific. The notion that Brazil's death toll would have been any lower if the former President was still in charge is just ludicrous.

So sad. Hospitals overwhelmed, dead bodies everywhere, total collapse. 160 dead per 100K. Just a little flu. No big deal

https://www.france24.com/en/america...covid-19-death-toll-tops-4-000-for-first-time

Brazil's daily Covid-19 death toll passes 4,000 for first time
Issued on: 07/04/2021 - 05:35
Relatives of Luiz Alves, 63, who died from Covid-19, attend his funeral at Inhauma cemetery in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on March 10, 2021.

Relatives of Luiz Alves, 63, who died from Covid-19, attend his funeral at Inhauma cemetery in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on March 10, 2021. © Pilar Olivares, Reuters
Text by:NEWS WIRES
5 min
Brazil registered more than 4,000 Covid-19 deaths in 24 hours for the first time Tuesday, the health ministry said, as the country reeled from a surge of infections that has made it the current epicenter of the pandemic.

ADVERTISING

The coronavirus claimed 4,195 lives in the deadliest day of the pandemic yet for the hard-hit country, whose total reported death toll is now nearly 337,000, second only to the United States.
Brazil's health system is buckling under the strain of the latest virus wave, which has forced doctors into agonising decisions over which patients to give life-saving care and led cemeteries to hold nighttime burials to deal with the crush of coffins.
"We're in a dreadful situation, and we're not seeing effective measures by either state or federal governments" to respond, said epidemiologist Ethel Maciel of Espirito Santo Federal University.
"At the rate we're vaccinating -- 10 percent of the population (with a first dose) so far -- the only way to slow the extremely fast spread of the virus is an effective lockdown for at least 20 days," she told AFP.

"Unfortunately, politics has brought us where we are today: This enormous number of people who have lost their lives. Very sad."
The health crisis appears to be turning into a political one for President Jair Bolsonaro, who long flouted expert advice on containing the pandemic and now faces mounting pressure -- including from allies in Congress and the business sector -- to bring the situation under control.
Now on his fourth health minister of the pandemic, the far-right president overhauled much of his government last week, replacing his foreign, justice and defense ministers and naming new army, navy and air force commanders.
The move has raised concerns the president is digging in for political turmoil as he gears up to seek re-election next year.
Dangerous variant
The country of 212 million people has registered an average of 2,757 Covid-19 deaths per day over the past week, the highest by far worldwide.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morning
Subscribe
It has recorded 160 deaths per 100,000 people, behind countries such as the Czech Republic (254) and Britain (187) but still one of the 10 highest rates in the world.
Intensive care units are currently more than 90 percent full in 18 of Brazil's 27 states, according to public health institute Fiocruz. All but two of the rest are in the "critical alert zone" of more than 80 percent occupancy, it said.
Experts say the surge is partly caused by a local variant of the virus known as P1 that can re-infect people who have had the original strain and is believed to be more contagious.
The government has meanwhile struggled to secure enough vaccines, at times forcing authorities to suspend immunization drives in some areas.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point that most people miss is that measures don't work. The choice is between learning to live with the virus while destroying the economy vs living with the virus and keeping the economy going.
point taken. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of some of the measures yet either. But with big numbers like 4000+ a day, it's no longer a trivial number. Yes, yes. it's against a backdrop of 200+ million population. But that's a daily number!

Anyway, all I'm suggesting is eyes open. :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
except that this virus does not discriminate. Sure there are the co-factors leading to greater likelihood of severe disease. But I've heard of super healthy people dropping like flies.
so be it. the course needs correction, and nature will do it. millions will die, and if billions die, that’s how it is in the universe. time for humans on earth is sextremely short when you consider mass sextinction of prior species in the past 6.9 major mass extinction events. we must embrace death as a transition to new life or no existence at all.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ok. but for now, I'm going to be more cautious than I was before. 1st and 2nd wave I was pretty unconcerned. But with this 3rd wave and the variants, I've started taking precautions.

suggest for those reading, whichever way you believe that precautions may not be a bad idea. At the end of the day, just stay away from other people and stay outdoors if you must leave your home.

good luck to all of us.

and sam, I'd like to see you prove me wrong for the sake of this world returning to normalcy soon. :smile:

The headlines scream GENOCIDE for political reasons and because it suits the narrative for some but is Brazil really that bad?

Let's take a look at the latest graph :
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.27.16 PM.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
point taken. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of some of the measures yet either. But with big numbers like 4000+ a day, it's no longer a trivial number. Yes, yes. it's against a backdrop of 200+ million population. But that's a daily number!

Anyway, all I'm suggesting is eyes open. :smile:
Go to https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#coronavirus-country-profiles

Add or subtract various countries and you'll find very little correlation between those with lockdowns, masks and those where the government gave Covid the finger. Look at Croatia which I just added below. Brazil can be described as a success story in comparison.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.27.16 PM.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The headlines scream GENOCIDE for political reasons and because it suits the narrative for some but is Brazil really that bad?

Let's take a look at the latest graph :
View attachment 107734
Sam. You and I know about testing in 3rd world countries. It says so on the top of this graph. # of cases is lower .... limited testing.

# of confirmed cases is a bit of a guesstimate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i’ve already exposed capamerica as a fraud and troll. he will constantly spam this forum with his swill.