• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sorry Bros "No By-Election " !!! --- Hri Kumar Nair

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fark is this Hri Kumar ?He talk like he is a big shot in singapore politics .Ask him go ECP and fly kite lah.KNNCCB to the Pests And Parasites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought it was him....I was wrong.... :biggrin:

25ahyzm.jpg

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hri Kumar - "Our parliamentary democracy is based on the principle that elections are fundamentally about voters choosing between different political parties to lead the country, rather than between individual candidates standing in a constituency"

This is an ignorant argument. Such a statement denies the fact that individuals without party affiliations are allowed to run for parliamentary elections and it also ignores our presidential elections which is an important aspect of our democratic process.

The PAPpies must really be desperate and totally lacking in order to make such erroneous statements. :*:

Spot on, bro, If what Hri Kumar says is true, then there is no need to field individual candidates be in a single ward or GRCS and all the voters need to do in a GE is to mark a cross against the symbol of the political party they want to lead the country. The party that comes in victorious in whichever constituency can then put forth whoever they wish to be the MP there, since the voters according to Hri Kumar are not interested in the individual candidates. This is worst kind of talking cock one can ever imagine. The simple fact of the matter is that PAP knows 100% that it will fail again in Hougang and wants to avoid another defeat.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drawing a comparison to the parliamentary system in the UK, where MPs are allowed to change parties while retaining their seats during their terms, by-elections must be held promptly when a seat falls vacant because the MP is "the fundamental element of their system".

He added that the WP was only able to force Yaw to leave his Hougang seat by expelling him from the party because it operates under Singapore's parliamentary model.

"The WP could not have done this under the UK model as Mr Yaw would have remained MP for Hougang even after his expulsion, and there would have been no by-election," wrote Hri Kumar. "To call for an automatic by-election now that the Hougang seat is vacant, as Asst Prof Tan did, is to confuse the Singapore and UK models."

So you are telling me a Law Professor got his legal facts wrong? Why not demand the University board to strip him of his title?

S

Summer

PAP will gain nothing with by-elections.....................they know they won't win................only more malu only

besides, the opposition will be weaker by 1 seat in parliament without by-elections................

/

yup 1 seat less :(

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
/

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...ate-election-hougang-hri-kumar-152246090.html

There is no requirement to call for an immediate by-election in Hougang SMC even though the seat is now vacant, …

Member of Parliament (MP) for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC Hri Kumar Nair said Friday that there is "no requirement" for a by-election to be called immediately in Hougang Single Member Constituency, after its former MP Yaw Shin Leong was dismissed by the Workers' Party (WP).

1. Who made 'kuching kurup' MP Hri Kumar Nair the official spokesperson for the PAP govt. He is not the PM and should refrain from acting like one.

2. If this 'kuching kurup' is merely echoing PM Lee's thoughts then he is nothing more than an over-paid loudspeaker and 'JIAK LEOW BEE".

S

Summer

/

NUS and NTU got or Not 1st year course

work on the "The Art of pLp" ...

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. It does reflect poorly on the PAP. They should attempt to give good fight. What they will certainly do is saturate and work the ground.
hahaha....if he is the PM, will he called for a BE that he is very likely to lose just to satisfy his critics...
the prataman must either be kuku or dishonest....LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no idea what Hri Kumar has been smoking or drinking. In UK or Malaysia etc. Commonwealth countries with Westminster parliamentary system, whenever an MP resigned his seat or is disqualified, expelled or resigned from party or died in office, a by-election shall be called within 6 months. The only exception is uniquely Singapore. The precedent was set by the then PM LKY who refused to call for Anson BE in 1986. The reason was clear. He disqualified JBJ by lawsuit. The next in line from WP to contest Anson would surely be LTK and whoever PAP had fielded would surely lose by even a worse margin than versus JBJ.

LKY was proven right in 1988 when GE was called. He placed Anson under Tiong Bahru GRC but LTK led a WP team (including Gopalan Nair) to contest it, with LTK himself concentrating on campaigning Anson grounds. The vote count in Anson was a clear WP victory, but weighed down by losses in Tiong Bahru and Radin Mas to an overall loss, above 40% nevertheless. Still in danger zone, LKY annexed the whole Tiong Bahru GRC into Tanjong Pagar GRC for GE 1991.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprising to you isnt it? The PAP leaders are just a bunch of political opportunists. Prepared to cast aside democratic practices just to save face.

hahaha....if he is the PM, will he called for a BE that he is very likely to lose just to satisfy his critics...
the prataman must either be kuku or dishonest....LOL

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the UN and America ignores this "democracy", SG is forever screwed. US and the West cares so much about Myanmar, North Korea, Iran, Syria etc etc but no a drop about SG.

S

Summer

/

By-Election is still an Option ...

Desmond Choo confident & ready to serve Hougang residents
By Olivia Siong | Posted: 26 February 2012 1644 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1185347/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Former People's Action Party (PAP) candidate for Hougang, Desmond Choo, says he is always ready to serve residents in the ward, with or without a by-election.

He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a community event in Hougang, amid speculation of a by-election.

The seat for the ward is vacant, after its Member of Parliament Yaw Shin Leong of the Workers' Party was expelled about two weeks ago and decided not to appeal against the decision.

Mr Choo says he's more confident of serving the people now.

"We're always ready; ready in the sense that we've been serving the people and whether there's a by-election or not. It doesn't really distract us from our main work which is service here," said Mr Choo.

He also said: "I feel more confident about how best I can serve the residents here. You have to understand the people and you have to build the relationship.

"Only then can you muster more resources to help them. So in terms of the capacity and the capability to reach out to residents, I've built them up over the past year.

I think when you're new to a place, you do need to understand the place much better."

- CNA/ck

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will gain nothing with by-elections.....................they know they won't win................only more malu only

besides, the opposition will be weaker by 1 seat in parliament without by-elections................

My dear contributor, this is a question of D I G N I T Y.
I am sure the PAP knows that the people of Hougang loves its style of governance where there is Upgrading, etc...
Surely the people will show their true love and prove to the PAP that the people of Hougang are Patriotic And Patient
Time will tell.