• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SONG BOH??? TIME FOR SINKIES TO PAY MORE FOR THIS YEAR'S WORLD CUP!!!!

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Analysts predict Singapore football fans can expect a sharp jump from the $112 they paid four years ago if they want to watch this year's live telecast of the World Cup.

While broadcasters here have yet to agree on a deal with rights holder Infront Sports & Media - with just four months to the tournament in Russia - other regions have seen the cost of rights jump significantly, experts pointed out.

In Hong Kong, which is a market similar to Singapore, Chinese Internet firm LeEco paid over HK$400 million (S$67 million) to secure the rights for the June 14 to July 15 event, a nearly 30 per cent increase from the reported US$40 million television station TVB paid in 2014 for the tournament held in Brazil. In the United States, Fox Sports paid US$425 million (S$558 million) for rights to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups - but this was before the US team was eliminated from the finals. ESPN had paid US$100 million for the previous two editions.

Mr James Walton, Deloitte Singapore and South-east Asia sports business group leader, said global rights deals for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are "on average 90 per cent higher than the (previous) World Cup packages".

Not all of this will come out of consumers' pockets, he noted, but "if the rights value for Singapore has increased by a similar amount as in the other major markets, that could be a drastic increase."

Television subscription costs here for the planet's biggest sporting event - the 2014 World Cup drew a television audience of 3.2 billion - have steadily gone up. In 2006, they were between $15 and $25. Four years later, they jumped to between $70 and $94.

One industry insider, who asked not to be named, believes another increase is likely. "I think the price range for a package may be in the $140 to $150 range," he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/expect-to-pay-a-lot-more-to-watch-world-cup

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Who the hell wants to watch this rubbish? I wouldn't watch a soccer match even if you PAID me to sit through 90 minutes of absolute boredom.

I'd prefer to watch paint dry.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why all those people like to watch so many people running up and down the field just to chase after 1 ball ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm willing to pay $200 so that I can watch the World Cup in the comfort of my home, surrounded by my wife, kids, family and friends. We usually have a catered dinner buffet during the more exciting matches. The alternative is to gripe about paying more, going down to the nearest coffee shop to join the other cheapskates, and then complain about having to pay 10-20 cents more for your kopi during World Cup season and blaming it all on the PAP.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm willing to pay $200 so that I can watch the World Cup in the comfort of my home, surrounded by my wife, kids, family and friends. We usually have a catered dinner buffet during the more exciting matches. The alternative is to gripe about paying more, going down to the nearest coffee shop to join the other cheapskates, and then complain about having to pay 10-20 cents more for your kopi during World Cup season and blaming it all on the PAP.
You forgot to describe your high end TV set and audio system which is also surrounded by your wife, kids, family and friends. After that you will have good sex with your wife.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Altogether now!!! HUAT AH!!!

when can start betting for World Cup winner ah?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your wife will be watching those big African players strutting their stuff and she will la kopi to herself and lament that she has had to settle with "toothpick John" for all these years. Your daughter after watching every match will play the door knobs at home until they all become wet and loose.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You forgot to describe your high end TV set and audio system which is also surrounded by your wife, kids, family and friends. After that you will have good sex with your wife.

My high end TV set was purchased back in 2016. It's not so high end now compared to the latest models, but it is good enough. I have good sex with my wife regardless the model of my television set. My wife did not marry me for my home TV.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your wife will be watching those big African players strutting their stuff and she will la kopi to herself and lament that she has had to settle with "toothpick John" for all these years. Your daughter after watching every match will play the door knobs at home until they all become wet and loose.

The niggers look larger than life on a good HD tv set. You peasants should get one, instead of rubbing shoulders with the poor and the cheapskates at the coffeeshops.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say he prefer watch school boy play than pro play as when gambling is involved there is no such thing as real play.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why is it that time after time we people living in Thailand watch World Cup for free?

Free watch of all World Cup games in Thailand - The Nation

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 5.45.55 AM.jpg

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah u so lucky.
u forgot to mention :
1] most of the buffet dinner including scallop ,abalone , Chateau lafite 1787
and beluga caviar
2] when the game is over , indubitably you blame it on the OPPIEs support
as the cause for whichever team that lost the game.