• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Something SPF Police Should But Not Trained To Do

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have some friends in SFPD and LAPD. Sometimes they amazed me, for the slightest traffic or miscellaneous offense, they drew out their firearms. I told them had I did that whilst at SPF, I'd be complained and condemned to hell, at least a charge of criminal intimidation.

They laughed it off. They said it's not about the degree of the offense, it's about the degree of the resistance. When there's resistance, regardless of offense, the firearms should be drawn and held on hand, ready to fire but not necessarily intent on firing. For if the suspect had concealed weapon drawn first, you'd be the injured or even dead one. Or even worse, in a resisting struggle, the suspect snatched your firearms.

The old PA just trained us to draw out firearms only when we see suspects with dangerous weapons first. One step behind already. I think HA TraCom (new PA) should send a delegation to US to study their street law enforcement trainings. We have many foreigners here. Our police must be better trained.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie police boys are too whimpy and weak
no one takes them seriously except the sick
they need to buff up show intimidation
draw weapons at the slightest altercation

over here they shoot first ask questions later
never resist with pen or vege peeler
they even shot a loser in a wheelchair
just because he threatened with disheveled hair

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We mustn't encourage abuse of power like breeding swaggering gunslingers but police mustn't be discouraged or inhibited or untrained from proper exercise of power too. That's how police can discharge their duty properly and public can be safe under police protection for which taxpayers are paying.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have some friends in SFPD and LAPD. Sometimes they amazed me, for the slightest traffic or miscellaneous offense, they drew out their firearms. I told them had I did that whilst at SPF, I'd be complained and condemned to hell, at least a charge of criminal intimidation.

They laughed it off. They said it's not about the degree of the offense, it's about the degree of the resistance. When there's resistance, regardless of offense, the firearms should be drawn and held on hand, ready to fire but not necessarily intent on firing. For if the suspect had concealed weapon drawn first, you'd be the injured or even dead one. Or even worse, in a resisting struggle, the suspect snatched your firearms.

The old PA just trained us to draw out firearms only when we see suspects with dangerous weapons first. One step behind already. I think HA TraCom (new PA) should send a delegation to US to study their street law enforcement trainings. We have many foreigners here. Our police must be better trained.

Bro, the reason why they are cautious is because many chaps in the US carry arms too, legally as well as illegally. Stopping them may be for traffic offences but those to be stopped could well be wanted criminals or have weapons and/or drugs in their vehicle. They are not likely to take the chance they are being stopped for traffic violations.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in davis they pepper sprayed, aimed for the eye
beat up students and anyone standing by
in oakland they shot tear gas into the crowd
hit a veteran as he was standing proud

in protest here they would have roughed up miss chee
rained her with batons until she couldn't pee
would throw her into a cell of abusers
would be lucky if she still had her trousers

sinkies should consider themselves so lucky
no guns, no arsehole pulling out an uzi
sinkie cops are so lulled into sleepiness
that they go to geylang to do business

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro,

You must understand that in certain areas firearms are easily available and there's no telling what can happen if someone decides to draw one out in double quick timing and shoot away.

If you've seen police arrest suspects in states like Florida, you'll know that they are much rougher and much more willing to tackle suspects to the ground if they even think the suspect *might* try to flee or resist arrest. They are not being brutal or over-reactive. Their main concern is possibility of concealed firearm.

The use of taser even on seemingly non-violent suspects in gun-liberal states is also widespread. The police will use the taser at the slightest provocation, even sometimes when the suspect merely stood still and did not obey the instruction to lie flat on the floor.

Not every place is as safe as SG.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, the reason why they are cautious is because many chaps in the US carry arms too, legally as well as illegally. Stopping them may be for traffic offences but those to be stopped could well be wanted criminals or have weapons and/or drugs in their vehicle. They are not likely to take the chance they are being stopped for traffic violations.

Perhaps you know and remember this episode in G Div. Section 3 shift and call of housebreaking in Tampines. Cpl. Mirza was in the FRC attending the case. He nabbed the suspect but the suspect snatched his revolver and shot him point blank, killing him instantly. The whole G Div. and PTF (now SOC) were activated hunting for the suspect all over Tampines area, finally he was cornered at PIE. In the crossfire, Cpl. Benny Tan shot him. I see police today, I headache and worry, can fight like that or not?

And further to the point is, had Mirza drawn his revolver first without being so over-confident on unresisted arrest, he'd be still alive today. at least Insp. or ASP.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps you know and remember this episode in G Div. Section 3 shift and call of housebreaking in Tampines. Cpl. Mirza was in the FRC attending the case. He nabbed the suspect but the suspect snatched his revolver and shot him point blank, killing him instantly. The whole G Div. and PTF (now SOC) were activated hunting for the suspect all over Tampines area, finally he was cornered at PIE. In the crossfire, Cpl. Benny Tan shot him. I see police today, I headache and worry, can fight like that or not?

And further to the point is, had Mirza drawn his revolver first without being so over-confident on unresisted arrest, he'd be still alive today. at least Insp. or ASP.

Paiseh, don't recall this incident.

Benny Tan? Years ago ASP? Now in LTA?

Past few days, always spotted 3 young uniformed officers either on foot patrol or responding to cases in Geylang. All in their 20s, boyish looking. Had to confirm they were POs and not NPCC!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't really know Benny Tan well except through that copkilling incident. My buddy is you know who, HI now.

Anyway, in the good old days, FRC PCs looked like tiger generals. Nowadays, let them wear Cpl. and Sgt. ranks also look like NPCCs.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro, but we are trained to draw, aim, shoot and hit target within 3 sec. not good enough??? this is in the classification shoot and i can score 100/100.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, but we are trained to draw, aim, shoot and hit target within 3 sec. not good enough??? this is in the classification shoot and i can score 100/100.

You 100 so good! Salute! I always 80+ only. Yes, PA range training was to draw, shoot to kill a.s.a.p. and move on. Hit arm or leg is 1 point only. Hit head or body is 2 points.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't really know Benny Tan well except through that copkilling incident. My buddy is you know who, HI now.

Anyway, in the good old days, FRC PCs looked like tiger generals. Nowadays, let them wear Cpl. and Sgt. ranks also look like NPCCs.

you should see me in my uniform, my PC rank and how we conduct checks with 2 POs only and a group of 20 over siao gin na. all lan lan put their hands behind their head and squad down like a dog.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wow! nabbed the housebreaking on the spot is a good arrest!!! some division will give money for it. but poor thing got killed because of this. may SSS Mirza ( field promotion 3 times right?) rest in peace. regardless of race, those who got killed in the line of duty always have my respect.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow! nabbed the housebreaking on the spot is a good arrest!!! some division will give money for it. but poor thing got killed because of this. may SSS Mirza ( field promotion 3 times right?) rest in peace. regardless of race, those who got killed in the line of duty always have my respect.

Yeah, he got a posthumous field promotion and a police guard-of-honor funeral at Kranji state cemetry, not as grand as KGC but at least something in recognition and appreciation.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to slot in some more accurate facts about the case that I can recall.

Two officers responded to the case of attempted break in of two adjacent shops by two suspects in Block 280, Tampines Street 22. A provision shop and a hair salon.

The officers split up to pursue the two suspect who fled in different directions when they were challenged. Subsequently to the case, patrol officers were strenuously told not to separate when in pursuit.

Cpl Mirza caught up with his quarry and in the attempt to arrest him got involved in a struggle where he was first stabbed and then had his revolver snatched away. A shot was fired and the .38 slug furrowed the top of his skull near his forehead. The kinetic shock of the slug's passing damaged his brain irreparably and he died some time later in the hospital.

The PTT was summoned to the scene of the crime to form a dragnet to find the now reclassified attempted murderer. Somewhere near Tampines Street 11 on the edge of the PIE, a shot rang out and an NSF PTT trooper armed with an M16 was shot in the chest. He was saved by his bullet proof vest that left a big blue black mark on his chest. At the hospital when interviewed after treatment, he jubilantly declared it was "Shiok" and that he was considering signing on! The gunman was arrested.

The ending to the story was Cpl Mirza got posthumously promoted, had a honor funeral and the gunman hanged. Anyone can provide a differing take?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes...slow reflex..slow reflex...& the burgalr most likely "member" or "kawan'ku" type, so compacent, what has it got to do with drawing out the firearms, even with that out, the suspect can resist, it either he or him....most likely HIM! I read about this case, this was ages ago...:p

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Debonerman, you must have been in G Div. Your account is more accurate and detailed. We might even have known each other in the past. You even recalled street numbers. Yes, it was a hair salon. Yes, an SC was shot too but saved by the vest. Cpl. Benny was shot at too but saved by ducking fast enough behind the police car door, then returned fire fast enough to shoot down the suspect. I wasn't in G Div. when that happened, but a few of my PA squad buddies were.

I've been attacked with weapons and shot back too, and thankfully I got out of such encounters alive. So for those calling police poodles, that's real police work, that's real life at risk for the public to protect them from crime and harm. Everyday talk about police wasting time arresting CSJ and CSC? CSJ was an ASP too. He's just leveraging what he knows to provoke police action for his political agenda and propaganda. We all police and ex-police should know that damn well.

Sylvia was an Insp. too. There have been quite a few others too, but not that successful to be noted. In fact, police produced disproportionately more opposition members. Except HCH, I can't think of any former senior police officers in PAP, whereas it glaringly obvious that PAP is full of former army colonels and generals.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about heroic policemen....i am sure you guys will remember this indian sgt CID....off duty jalan in north bridge road or orchard road (cannot remember which) then spotted a group of wanted pinoy bank robbers in a car at traffic lights....he went to pull out the car ignition key thru the window, struggle with them before a shootout where he killed a few and they shot him few times also but he never die.....was promoted to SI....this is the stuff of hero policemen in the past.