• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Something is wrong in PeeSai

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a drink now at McDonalds. So many elderly people working there. It's a shame that at their age they still have to work and not retire.

Whether they are working to kill time, I cannot tell. But some of them looks like they have problems walking or have very bad hunch backs.

Temasick on the other hand prefers to punt Big/Small instead of helping these people! Truly uniquely Sinkapore!

L

Luke Skywalker

Think i should dig out the old thread and show you the article from the prostitute times getting retirees to promote PAP's WORK TILL YOU DIE policy. :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a drink now at McDonalds. So many elderly people working there. It's a shame that at their age they still have to work and not retire.

Whether they are working to kill time, I cannot tell. But some of them looks like they have problems walking or have very bad hunch backs.

Temasick on the other hand prefers to punt Big/Small instead of helping these people! Truly uniquely Sinkapore!

When they are young they gamble and flirted away their time.

crazyhendrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it's getting worse with the liberal migrant policies. In some fast food places petrol stations, these elderlies are gone---replaced by FWs. I see more of the elderlies in the streets panhandling, going through the trash bins looking for scrap papers, cans just to scrap by.

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, many of these old people (if healthy and got enough to retire) really have nothing else to do if they don't work. Many of them don't read, don't appreciate arts, music, history, etc and are not able to communicate well. In fact, even the younger generation have (and will have) the same problem. Thanks to our first class education.

crazyhendrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, many of these old people (if healthy and got enough to retire) really have nothing else to do if they don't work. Many of them don't read, don't appreciate arts, music, history, etc and are not able to communicate well. In fact, even the younger generation have (and will have) the same problem. Thanks to our first class education.

They can always find a new hobby, hang with their friends, visit the new IR, lose everything and go back to working in mac donalds. I'm sure most of them won't choose to do back breaking labour at their age if given the choice.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
29088_1_230.jpeg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more preferable to say these seniors are productive and gainfully employed.

Not like those shameless 20's with diplomas and degrees and say they can't find work.

Cheers!

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

work in fast food joints are very tiring... especially during peak hours... these old folks stand for hours... poor thing...

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they dont work, either they while their time away at the geylang kopitiam or stay at home 吃饱等死

jw5

Loyal

You should ask them whether they vote pap.
1. If they say yes, give them a smile and watch them continue working.
2. If they say no, remind them to continue voting the way they have and to tell all their friends and families.
3. If they say they don't care, refer to point 1.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

my company just employed a 40+ sinkie facilities technician and guess what he say. if u can work and push those trolley (not define) at age of 80, then its a comfort that u are still fit and healthy and u should lead a carefree life, dun worry about anything as life still have to get on as usual.
:confused::confused::confused:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

PEESAI is a CORPORATION for the MIW to suck blood,sweat and tears from the ordinary people!Remember PEESAI is NOT a country !