• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Party?

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you were to form a political party and voted into power one day, what is your grand vision for Singapore?

On the topic of vision, I think SDP stood out. Their political vision for Singapore more or less remains consistent since CSJ took over. Its party members are often the aggrieved lot who had bad encouters with the incumbent. They have CSJ who feels he has suffered political persecution, Teo Soh Lung who feels she suffered injustice in the eighties, Vincent Wijeysingha who might feel discriminated over his orientation & probably fighting for equal rights, former member TJS who has an axe to grind against his former paymasters over lack of promotional aspects,Jufri Mahmood is a former Special Branch officer who got into trouble over his outspoken views, Jame Gomez who was hantamed and shamed by the PAP in 2006 over the CCTv footage in the elections department.

Perhaps due to the congregation of these aggrieved, SDP has a vision to fight for equal rights and civil liberties, and they are more forgiving and compassionate. Notice the age group of these I've mentioned? They belong to the < 1970s generation and they will brings their battle to the next generation of SDP activists.

SDP has always sought for better social net and welfare for the underpriveilged and they have some good ideas such as promoting internal town feeder bus system. But when it comes to the bigger picture such as defence or diplomacy, they are naive to come up with concepts such as promoting better ties with nations to reduce interstate tensions and reliance on USA for military support so that defence budget could be reduced. Isn't diplomacy is all about putting up a false smile? Other naive idea such as setting of "Independent commissions" to look over various issues. I believe there's no such thing as "Independent" and they are only usually used in peacekeeping or wartorn states!

I'm not sure whether I've mentioned this but I believe SDP is better off if they were to be a charity organisation.

WP's Chen Show Mao was disadvantaged in his tertiary education in his earlier years due to PAP's policies; he managed to enter the parliament but he has never blame or openly questioned the PAP over his past or use plight as an issue to campaign against the PAP, unlike the SDP.

Apart from SDP and WP, other political parties do not really have a grand vision, apart from getting into parliament.

I am interested to hear what Goh Meng Seng says, afterall, he's our resident forumer who has vast political experiences.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

If you were to form a political party and voted into power one day, what is your grand vision for Singapore?

On the topic of vision, I think SDP stood out. Their political vision for Singapore more or less remains consistent since CSJ took over. Its party members are often the aggrieved lot who had bad encouters with the incumbent. They have CSJ who feels he has suffered political persecution, Teo Soh Lung who feels she suffered injustice in the eighties, Vincent Wijeysingha who might feel discriminated over his orientation & probably fighting for equal rights, former member TJS who has an axe to grind against his former paymasters over lack of promotional aspects,Jufri Mahmood is a former Special Branch officer who got into trouble over his outspoken views, Jame Gomez who was hantamed and shamed by the PAP in 2006 over the CCTv footage in the elections department.

Perhaps due to the congregation of these aggrieved, SDP has a vision to fight for equal rights and civil liberties, and they are more forgiving and compassionate. Notice the age group of these I've mentioned? They belong to the < 1970s generation and they will brings their battle to the next generation of SDP activists.

SDP has always sought for better social net and welfare for the underpriveilged and they have some good ideas such as promoting internal town feeder bus system. But when it comes to the bigger picture such as defence or diplomacy, they are naive to come up with concepts such as promoting better ties with nations to reduce interstate tensions and reliance on USA for military support so that defence budget could be reduced. Isn't diplomacy is all about putting up a false smile? Other naive idea such as setting of "Independent commissions" to look over various issues. I believe there's no such thing as "Independent" and they are only usually used in peacekeeping or wartorn states!

I'm not sure whether I've mentioned this but I believe SDP is better off if they were to be a charity organisation.

WP's Chen Show Mao was disadvantaged in his tertiary education in his earlier years due to PAP's policies; he managed to enter the parliament but he has never blame or openly questioned the PAP over his past or use plight as an issue to campaign against the PAP, unlike the SDP.

Apart from SDP and WP, other political parties do not really have a grand vision, apart from getting into parliament.

I am interested to hear what Goh Meng Seng says, afterall, he's our resident forumer who has vast political experiences.

Honestly SDP appears more a party with vision than WP. It's the actions that were not consistent.

But your last sentence discounted your whole credibility and your article.

Seriusly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

There are no saints or angels among politicians.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal

中国共产党的资本主义 communist capitalism

Poor will be well taken care off, with room for the rich but heavy punishment for those who are naughty.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

First thing I'd do would be to get rid of the losers. Singapore could rent one of the Riao Islands and dump them all there... out of sight... out of mind.

The rest of us could then get on with making money instead of having to constantly deal with the scums of society.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Firstly, you will never be able to live out yr dream. Because you will need the losers' votes. If you dont get them, dont even think of forming any party.

First thing I'd do would be to get rid of the losers. Singapore could rent one of the Riao Islands and dump them all there... out of sight... out of mind.

The rest of us could then get on with making money instead of having to constantly deal with the scums of society.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP vision is the greatest. All jobs except political offices given to FTs. Singaporeans don't need to work and shall be funded by taxes and levies collected from FTs, distributed in the form of packages and subsidies. Then Singaporeans use these packages and subsidies for housing and medical, and if enough left to spare, a fling in Geylang or Golden Mile, once again served by FTs. Nothing is absolutely free of course, Singapore men has to do NSF and report for reservist to protect the system. Singapore women have to put up with a whole load of dirty laundry to wash when their men come back from NS duty. But hey, small price to pay for paradise. :wink:

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Such overwhelming compassion for the downtrodden masses is truly remarkable.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly SDP appears more a party with vision than WP. It's the actions that were not consistent.

But your last sentence discounted your whole credibility and your article.

This discussion is a moment of inspiration.

Factually, Goh Meng Seng has more political experience than the whole wisdom of this forum combined. The political experience is priceless.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

We should use the collective wisdom of the forum crowd to proper define the term "loser" in this island's context.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

Before we can talk about dumping people anywhere, first we must rent the island. Since LeongSam, this is your idea, you are given the privilege to be the property agent for this task. For your efforts, you will be given ministerial salary with life-long pension to boot.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many losers had actually quitted S'pore and taken refuge in another country knowing that one day someone would come up with an idea to dump them somewhere. I know of one who could not make it here and had no choice but quitted to New Zealand. Last heard he became a forum host. Perhaps as an extension of your idea, we should round these losers up from wherever they are now and dumped them in one of the Riao Islands, be they forum hosts or otherwise.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal

if i gain power, i will tell the PAP DOGS to redirect www.gov.sg to sammyboy.com :biggrin::eek::oIo::biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Firstly, you will never be able to live out yr dream. Because you will need the losers' votes. If you dont get them, dont even think of forming any party.

No I wouldn't. The first thing I would do if I gained power would be to change the law so that only owners of freehold property have voting rights. The voting rights of women would be revoked too as they play no part in the defense of the nation. It isn't a revolutionary idea by any measure. I'm simply going back in time to an era when common sense prevailed and voting was limited to people who actually had a stake in the country by owning a piece of the pie.

http://www.southhams.gov.uk/index/c...p-elections-elections/elections-newpage-2.htm

Losers, (defined my me as anyone who can't afford freehold property) shouldn't have a say in the running of a country because they aren't real shareholders.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal

The voting rights of women would be revoked too as they play no part in the defense of the nation.
I also agree that women should have no right to vote, but wouldn't that annoy all those women who voted you into power prior to having their voting rights revoked by you shortly after that? haha

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I also agree that women should have no right to vote, but wouldn't that annoy all those women who voted you into power prior to having their voting rights revoked by you shortly after that? haha

Too bad. It wouldn't worry me as they wouldn't be able to vote me out anymore.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal

they wouldn't be able to vote me out anymore.
But what if they comprise a significant majority (say, 80%) of all those (say, 60%) who voted for you?

Let's say there are one million eligible voters (prior to the revocation of women's voting rights).
60% x 1 million = 600,000 people who voted for you
80% x 600,000 = 480,000 women who voted for you
600,000 - 480,000 = 120,000 men who voted for you

Then let's say among the remaining 1 million - 600,000 = 400,000 voters, all of them voted for only ONE of your rivals.
And among these 400,000 voters, 70% (= 280,000) of them are men.

And then, let's say a quarter each of your male voters and your rival's male voters own freehold property.

Wouldn't that almost guarantee victory to your rival at the next election?
Or would you not mind him winning? :confused:

But if he wins, he might bring back some of those laws that you got rid of, e.g. he could bring back all those "losers" and "scums" from the Riau Islands to use them as cheap foreign labour, and also to use them to increase his vote count at the next elections, as well as allowing ALL men to vote again, but refusing to let women vote since most of them might vote for you and cause your rival to lose...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Wouldn't that almost guarantee victory to your rival at the next election?
Or would you not mind him winning? :confused:

They can easily be dealt with. All I need to do is sue the pants off them so they're forced to sell their freehold property. This will prevent them from voting at the next election.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal

...so they're forced to sell their freehold property. This will prevent them from voting at the next election.
Haha, and since by your definition, they would become "losers" as they can't afford freehold property anymore, not only would they be prevented from voting at the next election, you might even "rent one of the Riao Islands and dump them all there... out of sight... out of mind", right? haha

Singapore's population would then literally drop by at least half, possibly even to below one million! haha
Which I would welcome too, since it's so obvious that Singapore is too overpopulated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_population_density_(based_on_food_growing_capacity)

All I need to do is sue the pants off them...
But this I don't understand... what would you sue them for?
For simply voting for your rival? :confused:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

But this I don't understand... what would you sue them for?
For simply voting for your rival? :confused:

I'll just make something up. It's done all the time.