• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some common Malay words that are useful to know in JB

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saya tentu pengsan! Hello guys, as this thread is for learning Malay and intended for both male and female audience, appreciate the bros here keep the conversations clean (bersih) and free from sexual comment/jokes. Terima kasih!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
boleh lah bro...tetapi saya punya avatar dan siggie? Bagaimana?

Saya tentu pengsan! Hello guys, as this thread is for learning Malay and intended for both male and female audience, appreciate the bros here keep the conversations clean (bersih) and free from sexual comment/jokes. Terima kasih!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pronouns
Saya/aku = I
Awak/kamu/anda = you
Dia = he/she
kita = we
kami = us/ours
mereka = they/their
sendiri = himself/herself
diri = themselves
ini = this
apa = what
yang = which/who/that

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Qingming is important time to remember old folks who have passed on. Don't associate with religion, just think of visiting old folks stuck in an old age home that they cannot leave. By all means don't bring any offerings if its against your religion but do at least visit.

Most religions acknowledge the fact that there are ghosts and spirits so if you do believe then just think of it as visiting loved ones who have already passed on.
Any food, etc that you bring, just think of it as visiting an old age home, good to bring some flowers or food and biscuits to the old right?

Wishing all a long and fruitful life. (Your parents too)

Today is Qingming festival = hari ini Qingming pesta..initially thought of translating the famous poem but too difficult..

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pronouns
Saya/aku = I
Awak/kamu/anda = you
Dia = he/she
kita = we
kami = us/ours
mereka = they/their
diri = themselves
ini = this
apa = what
yang = which/who/that

diri = stand
Diri mereka = themselves

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pronouns
Saya/aku = I
Awak/kamu/anda = you
Dia = he/she
kita = we
kami = us/ours
mereka = they/their
diri = themselves
ini = this
apa = what
yang = which/who/that

diri = stand
Diri mereka = themselves

Some clarifications needed here, and perhaps those who know better should come forward and assist.

diri - self (look after yourself = menjaga diri anda)

sendiri - ownself (myself)

berdiri - stand

Last edited: