• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some common Malay words that are useful to know in JB

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Colours - Warna

merah - red

kuning - yellow

hitam - black

biru - blue

putih - white

hijau - green

coklat - brown

ungu - purple

kelabu - grey

(add the word tua to mean darker shade as in hijau tua or biru tua and add the word mudah to mean lighter shade as in hijau mudah or biru mudah).

This "colours" category is good! I have always wanted to check up on the colours but haven't done that yet.

Got see the word "hijau" around becos go green movement is quite big in JB like the No plastic bag rule on every Saturday in Jusco and Tesco. Also saw EM (Effective Microorganisms) display corner in one of the developer office I visited. On the other hand, still see people burning leaves/rubbish etc in JB.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot le ... Not expensive la. Almost all tables ordered the crab. Think it's the signature dish. I didn't try it that day because I wanted to eat a big big fish. Seabass only rm4 per 100 gm. It was so full of meat and so yummy!! :smile:

The crab would be free if u catch it yourself haha

Hello it is sayur not sayor, see the earlier list :smile: Btw the crab in Laguna is how much per kilo? Ketam berapa satu kilo?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong grammar :biggrin:
Saya ingin curi sebuah kereta besar, misalnya Mercedes. Lepas it saya ingin jualkan kereta kepada BosSam dengan harga tinggi. Boss itu kaya tetapi kedekut.

"Saya ingin curi sebuah kereta besar, misalnya Mercedes. Lepas it saya ingin jualkan kereta kepada BosSam dengan harga tinggi. Boss itu kaya tetapi kedekut."

The Malay-English translation from Google:
I want to steal a large car, such as Mercedes. After it I want to sell cars to BosSam high prices. It is rich but stingy boss.

How to pronounce misalnya? Mi-sa-na?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree this thread should be a sticky for members to practice conversing in Bahasa and be more familiar with Malay words and phrases. It can also bridge the members from the other forums. The rule is that only Bahasa should be used and encourage. Infract those who persist in using English.

Alamak cannot have Malay only..must have Malay-English translation for learning leh..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the conversations here, I see most of the time people use "saya" for I.."aku" also I..what is the difference when will people use aku and saya?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can give a short lesson here on basic grammar for Malay? From my community centre Malay lessons taken many years ago, all I can remember is there is no present and past tense in Malay?!

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Organs/body parts

1) hand - tangan
2) leg - kaki
3) head - kepala
4) eye - Mata
5) mouth - mulut
6) nose - hidung
7) heart - hati