• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So, why was CSJ's paltry $30K offer accepted by LKY and Wooden Goh?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. The PAP government has painted itself into a corner, and the paint does not dry. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, there is only one thing left they can do i.e. psycho us into believing they are suddenly warm, fuzzy creatures who care about and love Singaporeans. The reality is the PAP have always and only been interested in themselves. In the past, when the PAP were assured of victory at the polls, they could not care less about Singaporeans and what we thought, but now their political survival is at stake, they are suddenly very interested in Singaporeans and what we think.

The burning question Singaporeans are dying to ask (but dare not for lingering fear of being sued bankrupt) must be: why did Messrs Lee and Goh agree to Dr Chee’s offer?

The first thing to note is the creditors did not have a legal obligation to accept the offer. But accept they did, plainly and simply, with no conditions attached and no counter-offer made. It would seem, in the eyes of most Singaporeans, that Dr Chee has scored a moral victory.

The second thing to note is the offer to settle was made by Dr Chee, not Messrs Lee and Goh. This tells us the creditors were not pricked by a guilty conscience, if they were, they would have approached Dr Chee, not the other way round. If they were not motivated by guilt, or money ($30,000 is surely “peanuts” to Mr Lee and Mr and Mrs Goh), what other explanation remains but political expedience?

The PAP is presently waging a national charm offensive, not a national conversation. The explicit national conversation is subservient to the implicit national charm offensive. In other words, the national conversation is but a means to the end of winning back disgruntled Singaporeans, who are fed up with the government (Hokkien: tu lan cheng hu) for a host of innumerable problems.

- http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/09/13/analysis-why-did-lee-and-goh-accept-chees-settlement-offer/

Last edited:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is that given his track record of shooting himself in the foot and leaving himself wide open for legal action, 30k is well worth it to set this loose cannon and hope that he will do more damage to his own party and hopefully the rest of the opposition.

jw5

Loyal
Aiyah, don't accept they will appear to be ungracious mah........................... :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Only to spite JBJ who had to repay 30%+ of judgement debt.... also to show their racist hatred to Ah Neh?

They probably accepted because they knew that it would be very difficult for him to be elected into parliament, and they also knew that in this day and age, they would appear to be ungracious and petty not to accept.

If they hadn't accepted, you could have expected to see this again:

"papa is such a good, kind and decent man because he is sooooooooooo good to his family members".

Ok, they accepted, and you are seeing it again anyway.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
CSJ does more harm to the opposition than good. A good move by the PAP to "let" him loose. The opposition will have to waste effort containing this wreckless fellow - and hope he doesn't pull them down by stupid 3 corner fights, saying stupid things and other crap

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already revealed this in a previous thread before this became public. The offer of 30k was made by an emissary from someone in PAP. It did not fall from the sky. I understand that only a few know about this. It is also has nothing to do with 3 cornered fights as he can do it with his party without he coming out. The reason, the purpose is now a subject of high speculation. GD has also mentioned this before.

Anyone who is determined to come out bankruptcy will continously make offers. Why 30k. 6% is interesting.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, me blur sotong,

If that old fart up the lorry, does it means that one cent also he will not get?

If that is the case, then since it is about time that old fart is going up the lorry very soon, it is better for him to collect whatever money that is being offered than never to get a cent at all. Is that right?

Just trying to understand the legal position of that old fart in view of his impending up the lorry.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who is determined to come out bankruptcy will continously make offers. Why 30k. 6% is interesting.

Thanks scroobal for the inside story. Interesting indeed.

Why $30k i.e. 6%? Guess the 超级白 may have done their sum... $30k is within reasonable reach for Dr Chee.

Or perhaps Dr Chee has been offering a sum slightly lower than this. Just me blur gassing.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only to spite JBJ who had to repay 30%+ of judgement debt.... also to show their racist hatred to Ah Neh?

JBJ's sons provided most of the money to help him get out of bankruptcy. Interestingly, KJ also chipped in to help pay CSJ's $20k fine in Feb 2011. Will KJ provide further money to help CSJ reach his $30k target?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ does more harm to the opposition than good. A good move by the PAP to "let" him loose. The opposition will have to waste effort containing this wreckless fellow - and hope he doesn't pull them down by stupid 3 corner fights, saying stupid things and other crap

Which particular stupid things did he say? :confused:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already revealed this in a previous thread before this became public. The offer of 30k was made by an emissary from someone in PAP.

I had my suspicions too. It's quite intriguing got Chee to offer an amount that is immediately accepted by Lee and Goh. If they felt the amount was low or had Chee offered a ridiculous amount eg $3000, they would have rejected or counter-offered no matter what public sentiment. But it was on the dot. That is like striking a jackpot.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ would be wise to stay out of the running next GE. Control his outbursts and stay on the moral high ground.

If he runs, PAP will dredge out all his past record to the younger generation who did not have any recollection with the intent of damaging his rep. As you all know the mainstream media is still quite pliant.

Its best that the takes on the image of the good ordinary citizen who fought and got lynched by PAP with their dirty tactics and legal bankrupting.

In Malaysia A war Ibrahim was the oppositions mascot as the persecuted citizen. CSJ would do well to emulate him. I would be disappointed if he would run as that would illustrate his ambition of being in parliament being greater that his stated desire to bring about more change to our democracy.

He could do just as well outside the parliament.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any one of you wonder why was this offer made to Chee based on a mere 30k when he was sued and owed way more?

Look beyond 2016, or rather, the coming General Election by 2016

PAP had somewhat woken up. They know they policies suck and due to both powerplay and even greed some might say, they cant just change their policies to suit the what is popular and welcoming, and yet, they also find themselves in a spot where they know by 2016, if they do not do something, they could lose one or more GRCs and reduce their parliementary majority even more. We know that the opposition might not be able to win 1/3 of the seats, but another 5 to 10 seat lost for the PAP will be a bigger setback then just the lost of Aljiuned GRC in the last election.

So what can they do?

Winning back Aljiuned GRC seem to be one of their prime aim for 2016, yet they know they cant just win it back and at the same time need to reduce the popularity that WP has been displaying after GE2011. The recent intent by some pro-PAP posters of putting CSM down and deeming WP inability to make good use of talent is just one of the offensive PAP put up in the hope of reducing WP popularity. It might seem lame to some and even unimaginative, yet PAP believe that prolong attack on WP and in this case of CSM might help to reduce aljunied votes for WP, let alone throw WP out of Aljinued in PAP fav and at the same time to reduce the votes for WP in other areas such as East Coast and Sengkang. Woudl it really work? Since PASP has yet to find much of a chink in WP's armour, such chipping away is the only method they can employ so far.

What else could PAP do to strengthen themselves in the wake of a possible opposition onslaught? by creating a distractor, someone that PAP know that public might not like in general and yet is with the oppsotion camp, and that is Dr Chee

I do not deny that Dr Chee has his vision and logic and though i disagree with him on many grounds, I m still pretty impressed with him, but i m not impressed with him to vote for him and those assiocated with him, and that woudl be SDP and the oppsotion in general

By discharing Dr Chee from bankrupty, this would , by law, allow Dr Chee to stand for Election in GE2015/16. Now we all know how fired up Dr Chee can be and all you need is one misplaced statement from Chee and PAP will bring in their machinery of mass media to portray how himself, SDP and the whole oppsotion would be and by doing so, hope to reduce the popularty vote for the oppsition.

Again, some might find this lame, yet if you look further into how things are developing, they could reach the part where Chee would be the focus and not other more important issues, hence creating a disfavable position for the oppsotion as a whole.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, the consensus is that the powers that be are happy for CSJ to be discharged from bankruptcy, thereby allowing him to step up his opposition to them. If so, what does that mean? :biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia A war Ibrahim was the oppositions mascot as the persecuted citizen. CSJ would do well to emulate him.

Unfortunatly for Chee to emulate Anwar would be totally not happening.

Anwar did not asked to get beaten and yet he did and got a black eye to show, hence the symbolism.

Chee make himself look like the suffering one when PAP actually dont even want to touch him with a 10 meter pole and when they really did just poke at him, he did made quite a big deal out of it.

Totally different and the results speaks for itself.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going after WP by "unleashing" SDP's leader Chee doesn't seem to make sense to me. To me, this will have paltry or no effect.

I tend to agree with scroobal that it's the SDP they are going after, not WP. SDP has built up the most impressive slate after WP but the proportion of minorities is higher than WP. Something PAP is rather sensitive about. I don't think they will go for legal suits again, but just let Chee have more leeway to put up fiery actions and put his own people off.

As for WP, they would still want to fight this party ground vs ground. The PAP engines in Aljunied and East Coast have been started up lately.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
+ CSJ is the best weapon PAP has against the opposition....he will just shout at Lau Goh again n ppl will start to vote PAP. if he quits n just write books n help SDP in the sidelines, i say SDP got hope...if not SDP will forever remain in the sidelines,,,and will drag the opposition down,,,CSJ is really not electable,,bcos people have long memories with regards to the Oppp,,many still has not forgiven him for saboing CST,,,

For me, i will still vote for him as I will vote for any Ah Cat and Ah Dog instead of PAP,,,but i know others would rather vote PAP than vote him,,,some might even vote for Sia Sway as compared to CSJ,,,this just shows the negative perception CSJ has

They probably accepted because they knew that it would be very difficult for him to be elected into parliament, and they also knew that in this day and age, they would appear to be ungracious and petty not to accept.

If they hadn't accepted, you could have expected to see this again:

"papa is such a good, kind and decent man because he is sooooooooooo good to his family members".

Ok, they accepted, and you are seeing it again anyway.