• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So Just how bad is the SG Economy? I have been away for 4 years.

AhSo1

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading "Singapore is in its Worst Recession" here and in the news, I will be back for the first time in 4 years since leaving.

So the bottom line is - How bad is it in Singapore?

Is everything gloom and doom or is it just Hype?

When I come will I see a situation like 1997 or are things better in your Opinion?

Are the restaurants deserted? Is Orchard Rd empty? What's it really like now?

Please discuss.......

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
its much worse. what with all the 3rd world village bumpkins clogging the healthcare and transports, PAP fckers shipped them in by container loads.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Away for 4 years and come back now,,,,,

1. Singapore is the 1st asia country to enter recession
2. Temasick only lost 31% of their portfolio $58bil last year
3. GIC unsubstantiated loss of $50bil
4. PrataMan reluctantly approved $4.9bil of past reserves to be wasted by the current government
5. PAP Ministers collecting million dollars salary
6. Hole Jinx finally gets sack from Temasick regardless what you may hear from the market.
7. No change in the PAP Parliament,,, the MPs are still lap dogs of LKY

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading "Singapore is in its Worst Recession" here and in the news, I will be back for the first time in 4 years since leaving.

So the bottom line is - How bad is it in Singapore?

Is everything gloom and doom or is it just Hype?

When I come will I see a situation like 1997 or are things better in your Opinion?

Are the restaurants deserted? Is Orchard Rd empty? What's it really like now?

Please discuss.......

man in the streets fall into 2 categories.

1. loyal sinkies who wanted to help the economy by spending.
2. stupid sinkies have no idea the result of financial crisis has yet to strike them yet.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been away for 4 years? You should have stayed away...you have miss nothing...oh maybe except for the fact that GL now has more PRC chickens...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just landed from the moon you? No worries - Singapore is the first country to enter into recession in Asia and will be the last one to emerge.

I hope you din forget your return ticket....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be precise, pappy ruined everything and is afraid of Singaporean now. Thus they turn for morale support from foreigners.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg-pm.jpg

Daddy says we're in a GOLDEN PERIOD! Donch listen to those LIES!

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
man in the streets fall into 2 categories.

1. loyal sinkies who wanted to help the economy by spending.
2. stupid sinkies have no idea the result of financial crisis has yet to strike them yet.

Whahahahhahah !

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
More IMH patients on the street.

More Crazy citizens with lots more crazy idea happening that never hear of in the world.

More gambling, more prostitution are common now compare to last time.

More jobless around wondering on the street.

You don't see Singaporean in Singapore, you see more foreign talents more offen.

More money talk. everywhere here talk about only money. no money no talk.

This is Singapore, it's changing FAST ! even their own citizen can not cop.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

In case you think you may have landed in another country when you exit changi airport....... you're in the right country..... just that singkees have been outnumbered by foreigners in their own land :(