• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT train services during peak hours getting from bad to worst

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

SMRT train services during peak hours
getting from bad to worst

January 21st, 2011 | Author: Contributions

IMAG00651-200x300.png

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I‘ve written to you guys 2 days ago with regards to the limited number of trains in service during peak hours but it seems like the situation is becoming worst today. Trains from Bukit Batok station going towards Jurong East Station are being scheduled on a 5 minutes interval. Trains that arrived are being fully occupied and commuters have to force their way into the trains.

And guess what? That isn’t the worst experience they have encountered so far. Upon reaching Jurong East station while waiting for transferring to the East bound train. The entire platform is fully packed that people are having difficulties getting off from the escalator into the platform. This is the lack of safety consideration on SMRT part that causes all these issues, I can’t imagine what will happen assuming if someone were to fall down because of difficulties getting off from the escalator. I’ve attached an actual picture of the situation this morning taken with my mobile phone.

As I have mentioned in my previous e-mail, public transportation companies should put the interest of the commuters first and not to put profits on the book causing service standards to drop drastically. Such low level service standards are definitely not acceptable especially when there are some politicians that claim that we are having some kind of world class transportation system. I believed that some of the Singaporeans that have encountered the same situation today will remember this incident when election comes. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Leslie Chua

* This letter was addressed to SMRT Corporate Communication and copied to SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa, Ministry of Transport, Minister Raymond Lim, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and The Temasek Review for publication.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jan 22, 2011

General election in the second quarter?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_18869902.jpg
Foreign Minister George Yeo

<!-- story content : start -->
FOREIGN Minister George Yeo provides a tantalising clue to when Singapore will have its next general election while speaking to the Singapore Club in Bangkok.
'Prime Minister Lee, of course, keeps his cards very close to his chest, but I tell my party members to be prepared any time after the Budget, which means from the end of March onwards.
'It can't be the third quarter because there's the presidential election, so I think the window would probably be the second quarter.
'Pity that you can't vote here, but it is a short distance away from Singapore; maybe some of you will go back. And if you live in Aljunied GRC, I hope you will know what to do.'
Foreign Minister George Yeo, speaking about possible election dates to the Singapore Club in Bangkok. He had narrowed down his window from a previous guess that the general election would be held before the middle of this year.
Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.
<!-- story content : end -->

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jan 22, 2011

General election in the second quarter?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_18869902.jpg
Foreign Minister George Yeo

<!-- story content : start -->
FOREIGN Minister George Yeo provides a tantalising clue to when Singapore will have its next general election while speaking to the Singapore Club in Bangkok.
'Prime Minister Lee, of course, keeps his cards very close to his chest, but I tell my party members to be prepared any time after the Budget, which means from the end of March onwards.
'It can't be the third quarter because there's the presidential election, so I think the window would probably be the second quarter.
'Pity that you can't vote here, but it is a short distance away from Singapore; maybe some of you will go back. And if you live in Aljunied GRC, I hope you will know what to do.'
Foreign Minister George Yeo, speaking about possible election dates to the Singapore Club in Bangkok. He had narrowed down his window from a previous guess that the general election would be held before the middle of this year.
Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.
<!-- story content : end -->
Spore citizens simply love BG George Yeo,simply bacause he is very brilliant

People working for him are trained to exclaim

Japanese are fat and stupid!
Indians are useless and stupid
Malaysians are useless,stupid and going into big troubles.

HeHehE,well done Georgie Boy!Do u know that you are a very intelligent and brilliant guy?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they can't handle the crowds now, imagine the problems they will have when the population reaches 6, 7,...10 million :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the new PAP motto recently. You pay more to get less of everything.

No! the new motto is you pay the most & get the least. They will insist that the transportation is world class & the best on planet earth; pity that the commuters are 3rd world.:biggrin:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

IMAG00651-200x300.png

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I‘ve written to you guys 2 days ago with regards to the limited number of trains in service during peak hours but it seems like the situation is becoming worst today. Trains from Bukit Batok station going towards Jurong East Station are being scheduled on a 5 minutes interval. Trains that arrived are being fully occupied and commuters have to force their way into the trains.

And guess what? That isn’t the worst experience they have encountered so far. Upon reaching Jurong East station while waiting for transferring to the East bound train. The entire platform is fully packed that people are having difficulties getting off from the escalator into the platform. This is the lack of safety consideration on SMRT part that causes all these issues, I can’t imagine what will happen assuming if someone were to fall down because of difficulties getting off from the escalator. I’ve attached an actual picture of the situation this morning taken with my mobile phone.

As I have mentioned in my previous e-mail, public transportation companies should put the interest of the commuters first and not to put profits on the book causing service standards to drop drastically. Such low level service standards are definitely not acceptable especially when there are some politicians that claim that we are having some kind of world class transportation system. I believed that some of the Singaporeans that have encountered the same situation today will remember this incident when election comes. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Leslie Chua

* This letter was addressed to SMRT Corporate Communication and copied to SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa, Ministry of Transport, Minister Raymond Lim, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and The Temasek Review for publication.

Wah, the pix resembles pigs all squeezed together into a pen and ready for slaughter!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

IMAG00651-200x300.png

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I‘ve written to you guys 2 days ago with regards to the limited number of trains in service during peak hours but it seems like the situation is becoming worst today.

Should be ".... getting from bad to worse".

and "the situation is becoming worse...".

There's nothing worse than sinkie grammar. It's the worst I've seen in years!:eek:

http://idioms.yourdictionary.com/from-bad-to-worse
http://www.goenglish.com/Idioms/Go+From+Bad+To+Worse.asp
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/from+bad+to+worse

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Worse-and-Worst

How to Use Worse and Worst

originated by:Girlnblack77, Glutted, Jonathan E., Sondra C (see all)
Article Edit Discuss View History Tweet
Comparative statements can be tricky if you don't carefully consider what you say, or even if you give it too much thought! As an example, the proper use of 'worse' and 'worst.' Here are some suggestions for how to go about remembering when to use each word.

edit Steps

1. 1
    Consider how many things you are comparing.
  2. 2
    Use 'worse' if you're comparing two things: "I think eggplant is worse than squash, but that's just my opinion."
  3. 3
    Use 'worst' if you're comparing multiple things: "I disagree. Eggplant and boiled cabbage are both vile, but squash is the worst!"

edit Tips

• It helps to link 'worse' to 'between' and 'worst' to 'among'. Between two choices, one will be worse. Among multiple choices, one will be the worst.
  • It also helps if you define 'worse' as 'less good' and 'worst' as 'least good'.

edit Warnings

• Do not preface 'worse' with 'more'. It's unnecessary.
  • Do not confuse 'worst' with 'worsted': a woolen fabric with a hard textured surface and no nap; woven of worsted yarns "he wore a worsted suit."