• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SM Lee: Facebook irrelevant; Staying alive more important

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Nov 20, 2010
MM Lee: I don't Facebook
By Rachel Scully, Multimedia Journalist

WHEN asked if he has a Facebook account on Friday, he said it is irrelevant and sees no point in having one.

87-year-old Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew shared these thoughts in an open dialogue session held to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hewlett-Packard Singapore. He went on to add that he has yet to try out the Blackberry either because it is too small for him.

MM Lee also shared his thoughts on how Singapore stands a chance in competing with Asian giants China and India during the Asian Century. By being more well-connected, exposed to the world and speak more than one language, Singaporeans stand out from their Chinese and Indian counterparts.

In 1970, Hewlett-Packard was one of the earliest multi-national companies to set foot in Singapore. From a rented factory in Redhill with only 62 employees, HP Singapore has grown to become a multi-billion dollar company and the largest exporter in Singapore.

While speaking to a two-hundred strong crowd about the importance of MNCs to our country, the open dialogue session also revealed personal sides of Singapore's founding

Find out what keeps MM Lee awake at night, and how he would tackle the issue of a soft generation of youths on RazorTV. [Hacking each other down is soft meh????}

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Singapore
Nov 20, 2010

WHEN asked if he has a Facebook account on Friday, he said it is irrelevant and sees no point in having one.

87-year-old Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew shared these thoughts in an open dialogue session held to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hewlett-Packard Singapore. He went on to add that he has yet to try out the Blackberry either because it is too small for him.

MM Lee also shared his thoughts on how Singapore stands a chance in competing with Asian giants China and India during the Asian Century. By being more well-connected, exposed to the world and speak more than one language, Singaporeans stand out from their Chinese and Indian counterparts.

In 1970, Hewlett-Packard was one of the earliest multi-national companies to set foot in Singapore. From a rented factory in Redhill with only 62 employees, HP Singapore has grown to become a multi-billion dollar company and the largest exporter in Singapore.

While speaking to a two-hundred strong crowd about the importance of MNCs to our country, the open dialogue session also revealed personal sides of Singapore's founding

Find out what keeps MM Lee awake at night, and how he would tackle the issue of a soft generation of youths on RazorTV. [Hacking each other down is soft meh????}

I think his comments are fair. Not everyone cares about FB and not everyone bother to use it.

As he is of an older generation, many might see it as very troublesome.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Seriously, your think I care about your kiddo soft toys when I already have all the best things in the world?
Why do I still need a FB account or BB when I have all my servants around me 24hrs per day?
They are my FB and BB. :biggrin:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think his comments are fair. Not everyone cares about FB and not everyone bother to use it.

who gives a shit what he thinks. he should step down long ago. only sinkies are stupid enough to let him had his hands on the reserves and money that all sinkie serf paid every moment in their life.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The older geneartion finds it easier to pick up the phone to call & chat or go to the coffee shop & talk cock...or write a letter..

MM Lee FB?....I won't even want to access...:p

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The older geneartion finds it easier to pick up the phone to call & chat or go to the coffee shop & talk cock...or write a letter..

MM Lee FB?....I won't even want to access...:p
MM LKY shows hia age.

Probably the first time he declared in public

"I do not know and not learing."

MM LKY's days are numbered!I think

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
it would be unwise to ignore the facebook phenomenon.

it would be like what M$ did to the PC. as to what Google did to the search engines.

social media for now is Facebook.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MM LKY shows hia age.

Probably the first time he declared in public

"I do not know and not learing."

MM LKY's days are numbered!I think

Was that why he is going back to school again, to learn? maybe he is forgetting his, "ABC giam chye, char roti"...and 1 + 1 maketh many...:biggrin:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was that why he is going back to school again, to learn? maybe he is forgetting his, "ABC giam chye, char roti"...and 1 + 1 maketh many...:biggrin:
MM LKY going back to schools?

I think is to "con" votes,absolutely nothing else is more important to him than this,it is his life long mission.

Same for JBJ etc except that others suffered vastly different fate.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it would be unwise to ignore the facebook phenomenon.

Facebook is fantastic. However, I'm horrified that people actually put up their REAL IDENTITIES. It's a case of vanity gone absolutely mad!

The internet is all about being able to adopt a cyber persona while keeping ones private life under wraps.

People who who bare the sordid details of their lives for all to see are idiots of the highest order.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i believe very soon, his secretary will issue statement to "clarify" what he means as "irrelevant".

even China president Hu has an account albeit obviously not managed by him.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Facebook is fantastic. However, I'm horrified that people actually put up their REAL IDENTITIES. It's a case of vanity gone absolutely mad!

The internet is all about being able to adopt a cyber persona while keeping ones private life under wraps.

People who who bare the sordid details of their lives for all to see are idiots of the highest order.
it cuts both ways.

those in the business of making use of their real identities to further expand their name. that's fine. (there's no need to share every single private details though.)

those just wanting to showcase/showoff their newest n greatest... then that's not a good idea.

i think one of the better local facebook user (in the government) would be George Yeo.
http://www.facebook.com/georgeyeo

some/many might not like him. but he does go about doing his thing. meeting people, local, overseas. it's like a track record for all to see. in which, many would find relevant.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If our dear MM feels staying alive is more important - please step down gracefully and the world will remember ur deeds...

time to let go and relac one corner liao...

Cuntamania

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he knows abt FB he knows BJ better!:oIo:

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Singapore
Nov 20, 2010