• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SM Goh - if george yeo lost, Singaporeans prepare for the consequences

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
George Yeo a member of PM's core team: SM Goh
By Jermyn Chow
ST_IMAGES_SMGOH.jpg

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong with the PAP's Mountbatten SMC candidate Lim Biow Chuan (left) on a walkabout at the Old Airport Road food centre yesterday. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

FOREIGN Minister George Yeo is part of the core team of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's leadership, said Mr Goh Chok Tong yesterday.

He is 'too important a person for the Cabinet to lose', the Senior Minister told reporters yesterday.

If Mr Yeo lost in the coming polls, it would be a 'big loss', he said, adding: 'It will be of great consequence to Singapore.'

Mr Yeo is seeking to defend his five-member team in Aljunied GRC against a bid by an 'A' team from the Workers' Party led by party chief Low Thia Khiang.

Speaking after a walkabout at Joo Chiat Complex in Marine Parade GRC, Mr Goh said that the core team was critical to helping set directions for Singapore and solving Singaporeans' problems when 'the dust has settled' after the elections.

The problems include the rising cost of living, soaring housing prices and making health care affordable for Singapore's ageing population.

Mr Goh also identified Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean and, in time to come, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam as among the other members of Mr Lee's core team.

Other ministers might be criticised for particular policies, he said, mentioning transport and housing policies, as well as the escape of terrorist Mas Selamat, as examples.

But 'George Yeo, what has he done to deserve this', he asked.

'He is a core member. I have run the government and I know. You need a core team,' said Mr Goh, who was Prime Minister from 1990 to 2004.

This marked the second time, since his rally speech last Saturday, that he has stressed Mr Yeo's critical role in government.

Mr Goh added that having worked with Mr Yeo and having helped Mr Lee build his team, he felt very strongly about the issue.

Mr Goh also noted that Mr Yeo, who has been Foreign Minister for the past six years, is in the process of negotiating 'delicate agreements' with Singapore's neighbours like Malaysia and Indonesia.

When asked whether the People's Action Party has a replacement for Mr Yeo as Foreign Minister should he be voted out, Mr Goh said: not at the moment.

'But of course, you have to find somebody... The question is who will be as good a Foreign Minister as George Yeo.'

On the subject of his former principal private secretary (PPS) Tan Jee Say, however, Mr Goh declined further comment.

He had disclosed last Saturday that Mr Tan had not make the cut to be a Permanent Secretary, and that was why he had resigned from the Civil Service.

Mr Tan, 57, a Singapore Democratic Party candidate contesting in the four-member Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, worked under Mr Goh, then Deputy Prime Minister, from 1985 to 1990.

Describing Mr Tan as 'an able, dedicated and loyal PPS', Mr Goh said: 'If I were to go further, by elaborating, I'll probably hurt him further and damage him further. So I will not want to, unless I'm compelled to.'

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
george yeo was paart of a team, so geogie must take a bullet for hsien loong

goh c t take a rubber ra tin tin bullet for ah loong too

LHL has no choice but to swallow a big fuck bitter pill provided by his senile father

Sleepless

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Mr Goh,

What has George Yeo done to deserve this?

Let me tell you. It is so simple. It is just a taste of your own medicine.

George Yeo is in the WRONG party!!!

Just as you guys slimed and brought down so many good people just because they do not belong to the PAP. George Yeo unfortunately is in the wrong party running in the wrong constituency. Perhaps if he is not in a GRC, he would not be under so much pressure.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?91358-BREAKING-This-is-Why-MOST-Singaporeans-WILL-Vote-OPPOSITION-In-ELECTIONS-2011.

geylangkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Core and important to whom? They are important to PAP ONLY, not Singaporeans. They are voted out because We - Singaporeans don't want them anymore!

If they want to stay in Parliament, THEN DO NOT TAKE OUR VOTES FOR GRANTED. PAP candidates need to be like all other political candidates - earn it.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time James Gomez mentioned the word "consequence" he was hauled from airport to police station for criminal intimadation interrogation and warning. What's Shanmugam going to do about GCT this time?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Boy George...where is Silviu Ioniscrew?? Mr Tan Kok Wai is a nobody...die die lor not ur fucking problem rite?? :rolleyes:

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
wtf
is there a criteria dat in an election , APs r not allow 2 challenge a minister or their core member.
in future election, might as well state, no 1 is allow 2 challenge n defeat aminister.

sdp's candidate 4 sembawang say: SINKAPO HAS TALENTS !!

its d ruling party ways of being a SORE LOSER.

if every grc they put a minister, then no AP can challenge 'em??

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
What fucking rubbish.

No one is indispensable.

In that case we are better off getting closer to CHINA; a growing economy.

US is a dying economy; that way we do not to bail them out again and lose hundreds of billions of our money. Perhaps GY advised our SWF to invest in the US causing us to lose our money. Anyone ever thought of that?

If GY is so good and is so well connected in the US, he never saw the financial crisis coming; when so many were already sounding the alarm bells? Then he is sleeping in his job......another example remember the ROMANIAN driver? Being nice does not mean you can do your job well.

The ALJUNIED factor is not GY. It is the PRIDE of someone higher up that will be dented. GY and the whole ALJUNIED is indeed dispensable. IT IS ALL ABOUT PRIDE!​

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these politician should have retired ages ago. The people should help them retire, in GY case, he should attend to his family needs as well.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The purpose of high ministarial pay is to ensure the Garment can attract able people to run Singapore. Is SM Goh implying that it actually did not work?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think its working when its attracting candidates like that Tin Tin? Probably using the salary to get Kate spades everyday if she wins. I can't imagine a primary school kid voice in parliament.

The purpose of high ministarial pay is to ensure the Garment can attract able people to run Singapore. Is SM Goh implying that it actually did not work?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope GCT lose his own seat. I expect to see this consequences of his own lost as well.

What happened to the REPUTATION bet?? REPENT all ye! sinners!...the gods are warning you!, sin & you will have to repent for years to come, so don't sin & you will be rewarded with a land of milk & honey, you will prosper & your descandants will be plentiful.

REPENT! YE! SINners!!!

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
woody's statement is a big joke la.

he must understand that losing george is no big loss to the country la. they already show us that they have battalions of qualified substitute candidates to rise to the occasion on nomination day. if george lose his seat, there will be others who can fit into the job. unless he's telling us that their old guards, or so called new blood or new candidates cannot make it.

let's not forget, not long after ge2011, there will be presidential elections. a foreign minister who's kpi for his career has been shaking hands with counterparts abroad, may in turn help to attract more ties to sg. in other words, a blessing in disguise.

i honestly can't believe that a political veteran is so myopic after all his yrs in cabinet.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll also vote against George Yeo if he stands for Presidential Election. He should go commercial or academia so as not to waste his talents. He's no politician, I could see, since 2006 with his statement calling for James Gomez withdrawal.

jw5

Loyal
If GY loses, SM Goh can become the ministar for foreign affairs.
Singapore won't lose out since the replacement is so capable. :rolleyes:
We will also get better value for money since there will be one less ministar sitting around. :biggrin:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stay on course and vote opposition. If the PAP starts their ISD, army, sue and disqualification stunts, cheat on the ballots, we the citizens of Singapore will protest in the strongest possible terms.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, they can also get that primary school kid to be a Foreign Ministar as well. All she has to do is just stomp her feet and say "I don't know, I don't know!"

If GY loses, SM Goh can become the ministar for foreign affairs.
Singapore won't lose out since the replacement is so capable. :rolleyes:
We will also get better value for money since there will be one less ministar sitting around. :biggrin:

Deranged666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consequence? What consequence?

Spell it out clearly loh~ We're too stupid to see how indispensable GY is.

So he's saying that WKS and MBT deserves to be out but not GY? Sabo King~ haha