• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slashing @ IP School River valley high

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soon students bags would have to be checked physically by security jaga for dangerous prohibited items.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
give one or two more days .

news blackout.

lets move on :biggrin:

This statement "the government will be offering support.. blah blah" is the most meaningless cliche the spin doctors have ever come up with.

So a child sees his best mate bludgeoned to death and chopped into pieces with an axe. He goes home absolutely traumatized... can't sleep... can't eat for days, constant nightmares, anxiety attacks etc... what does the government do?.... send a psychiatrist to his house?

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee :

Mr Lee noted that the COVID-19 pandemic has been "tough" on everyone, and reminded people that help is always available.

"If sometimes things seem too much to bear, please remember help is always available, even if it’s just to talk to someone about what’s on your mind," he wrote.

"We are all in this together. We are each other’s keepers. Let’s continue to look out for one another."

Where to get help:

Samaritans of Singapore Hotline: 1800 221 4444

Institute of Mental Health’s Helpline: 6389 2222

Singapore Association of Mental Health Helpline: 1800 283 7019

You can also find a list of international helplines here. If someone you know is at immediate risk, call 24-hour emergency medical services.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
cna :

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has expressed his condolences to the family of the 13-year-old boy who died at River Valley High School, adding that help will be offered to students and teachers.

"Like all of us, I was shocked by yesterday’s tragic incident at River Valley High School. We cannot make sense of what happened. Words fail us because we cannot understand," Mr Lee said in a Facebook post on Tuesday (Jul 20).

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20210720_182854.jpg

Like all of us, I was shocked by yesterday’s tragic incident at River Valley High School. We cannot make sense of what happened. Words fail us because we cannot understand.

We are overwhelmed imagining what the victim’s family are going through. Yesterday morning, they sent off their 13-year-old son to school. Suddenly, without any warning, he is no more.

The police are still investigating this case, to find out the motivations behind this tragedy, and if something could have been done to avert it. Let us wait for them to complete their work. Let us not worsen the trauma and grief of the affected families with speculation and rumour.

We place great emphasis on safety in our schools, and the well-being of teachers and students. Our education system is not only about good academic performance, but also helping our kids to grow into happy and well-adjusted persons. If staff or students know a pupil or classmate who seems troubled or under stress, please let the principal or school counsellors know. They will work together with the families to provide help.

Beyond our schools, the pandemic has been tough on everyone. If sometimes things seem too much to bear, please remember help is always available, even if it’s just to talk to someone about what’s on your mind:

National CARE Hotline: 1800 202 6868
Fei Yue's Live Chat Counselling Service: ec2.sg
TOUCHline (Counselling): 1800-377-2252

More resources: go.gov.sg/22qlar

We are all in this together. We are each other’s keepers. Let’s continue to look out for one another. – LHL

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This statement "the government will be offering support.. blah blah" is the most meaningless cliche the spin doctors have ever come up with.

So a child sees his best mate bludgeoned to death and chopped into pieces with an axe. He goes home absolutely traumatized... can't sleep... can't eat for days, constant nightmares, anxiety attacks etc... what does the government do?.... send a psychiatrist to his house?
KNN my uncle think correct lo gov will send if they leequest or gov will let them see loctor for free KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It reminds me of my BMT days. The previous cohort had some recruit committing suicide, so some obese plainclothes major was stationed at our company. Kept telling us "If you have any problems please inform me or call the SAF counselling hotline" etc. Much ado about nothing. :biggrin:

Spin is the natural habit of a totalitarian regime.

81YwhOv4poL.jpg

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN funny lah why so many students started to call their parents ? KNN as if they were in primary school KNN if it happened during my uncle's sec 3 time he would even find a chance to take a look at the killer and victim KNN
And pose for a selfie with axe wielding schoolmate?

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot bring penknife, scissors, metal ruler, projector, and there will be a stationery-skote in every school and all above items must sign-out and sign-in. Diu!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN funny lah why so many students started to call their parents ? KNN as if they were in primary school KNN if it happened during my uncle's sec 3 time he would even find a chance to take a look at the killer and victim KNN
That's the difference between students from elite schools and your neighborhood gangsta schools. I think if it happened in a normal neighborhood school, the students there would have probably confronted the killer and do a WWE Royal Rumble on him.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the difference between students from elite schools and your neighborhood gangsta schools. I think if it happened in a normal neighborhood school, the students there would have probably confronted the killer and do a WWE Royal Rumble on him.

Don't think the kids in normal neighborhood schools of today are that garang. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot bring penknife, scissors, metal ruler, projector, and there will be a stationery-skote in every school and all above items must sign-out and sign-in. Diu!

Cannot run along the corridors, must walk two-by-two and put your finger on your lips at all times. :eek:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peter Fernando is a top class lawyer. His fees quite steep too. At times he do pro bono work. I know of a family in my neighborhood who hired him some years ago due to their son's case of robbery with hurt. Victim was an elderly auntie. Peter managed to get the son off RTC and convinced the judge to put the boy in a probation program. And he didn't charge a cent to the boy's parents. Too bad that idiot went to prison a year after that for some other crimes.