• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Skool - more parents make police reports. Well done, NTUC!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least two parents have lodged police reports against NTUC First Campus, following Sunday's arrest of a part-time teacher from NTUC My First Skool centre in Toa Payoh. The 51-year-old teacher was arrested for allegedly mistreating a three-year-old child by dragging him across the floor and pushing him onto the ground last Friday.

A mother, who only wanted to be known as Mrs Loh, said that she sends her sends her 2 1/2-year-old son to the childcare centre and was present at a briefing for parents on Monday morning. About 10 parents went for the briefing, and two of them had lodged police reports against NTUC First Campus, said the 37-year-old who is self-employed and runs an online art and craft business.

"Their kids had bruises and scratches on them, so the parents decided to make police reports so that police would investigate to see if these are cases of abuse," she said.

Police investigations of the incident on July 5 are ongoing. Mrs Loh said parents at the briefing were also informed that the childcare centre will look at closed-circuit television footage from the past 28 days, to see if there have been other cases of teachers abusing children. NTUC First Campus met the teacher earlier on Monday as part of an internal probe. It will give more details on Monday evening.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time limpei kindergarten at PAP kena slapped by teacher lots of times for using cheebye lanchiao...why no one report police for abuse huh? :oIo:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time limpei kindergarten at PAP kena slapped by teacher lots of times for using cheebye lanchiao...why no one report police for abuse huh? :oIo:

You matured real fast. I had only learnt of swear words in Primary 3.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC will have to answer questions on its management.

How could this abuse be happening for so long without management at the centre knowing about it? Were the managers sleeping? Are other teachers doing likewise, that's why no one stepped up to stop the abuse?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC will have to answer questions on its management.

How could this abuse be happening for so long without management at the centre knowing about it? Were the managers sleeping? Are other teachers doing likewise, that's why no one stepped up to stop the abuse?

Where got time? They are either busy checking their CPF statements, or shedding crocodile tears...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a BIG story ...why is the PAP press not on it? Any respectable paper would be covering this and asking lots of questions. Not our PAP press ...still waiting for the minister to okay the coverage.

PohLonTat

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP and Ntuc is treating these kids like herds of sheeps while the rich send their kids to Eton House and likes...

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a national scandal and I propose a COI to get into the bottom of things with a view of improving service standards. No more cover-ups!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because everyone also think you deserve the slap?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
COI use tax-payer money to pay useless civil servant to do nonsense stuff.

The parents deserve it for puting their kids into childcare. I will not be suprprise when the kid do the same when the parents are old.

This is a national scandal and I propose a COI to get into the bottom of things with a view of improving service standards. No more cover-ups!

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Limpei kena cane on my butt and hand till buay tahan liao, 1 day kena slap by Chinese teacher , me take chair swing at teacher and screw her

upside down, from that day on ward no need to go school liao. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the name of the teacher?

Police said the names of the teacher and the child are withheld to protect the child. This is not a case of shame (rape, molest, padeophile), the child cannot be hurt by being identified.

Name the teacher!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is religiously sensitive. This one wear tudong...cannot shame.

What is the name of the teacher?

Police said the names of the teacher and the child are withheld to protect the child. This is not a case of shame (rape, molest, padeophile), the child cannot be hurt by being identified.

Name the teacher!

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL I still remember what my late grandma used to tell me when I was small and my parents send me to this kindergarten at Siglap. She would tell my parents about an incident where I came home with a bleeding ear from a Indian teacher that kept pulling my ear and I kept moving to get free. She would repeat that story until I was 40+ and everytime she brought it up my father would just smile and mom would just laugh it off.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a BIG story ...why is the PAP press not on it? Any respectable paper would be covering this and asking lots of questions. Not our PAP press ...still waiting for the minister to okay the coverage.

The strategy is go round looking for other cases in OTHER preschools, report these extensively, treat the current case as "old case" and viola, people will focus on the new ones and forget the one at PAP's.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The strategy is go round looking for other cases in OTHER preschools, report these extensively, treat the current case as "old case" and viola, people will focus on the new ones and forget the one at PAP's.

Splendid. Let's start with the PAP/PCF kindergartens. :cool:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why never reveal the photo and name of the teacher?

Also, how did the couple get a copy of the CCTV footage and then post it onto their facebook?

You mean to tell me that the centre staff allowed them to copy out the CCTV footage? Impossible!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why never reveal the photo and name of the teacher?

Also, how did the couple get a copy of the CCTV footage and then post it onto their facebook?

You mean to tell me that the centre staff allowed them to copy out the CCTV footage? Impossible!!!

From the CCTV the teacher is all covered up, soon this case will be covered up...they only have time to fix the oppositions..looking after you or your kids , come off it!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you fracture any bone or suffer hearing lost as a result of the slappings?

If you suffer serious injuries and your parents did not report police, probably means that your parents don't love you. :biggrin: