• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SITEX 2012 (22 Nov - 25 Nov)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SITEX and COMEX etc are so boring.

Same old same old every year.

The stuff on display is not exactly much cheaper, and they're nothing more than events for clearing inventory stock.

I prefer trade shows where major companies announce new products and allow the public to have hands-on sessions with those new products.

BusNo111

SITEX is here again!.... this will be my last post on IT shows, and probably my last post too in SBF...:biggrin:

Thats all for now...adios.... GOODBYE TO ALL

Bye bye. I will ask others to buy from Harvey Norman.

logo.png

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah buy one laptop only must watch out for so many things, they giving 50% discount? Might as well just get it from Challenger or HN.

For cameras, just go to the usual Allan, Cathay, MScolor, Parisilk etc. who are already selling tons of cameras everyday with prices lower than that of these so call expo

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're shopping for cameras or tv, the hour sales are worth lingering around for. Very cheap with goodies thrown in.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today walk walk SITEX. Nothing worth buying.
Only buy Aztech wireless IP camera with pan & tilt function only $69.
That the best buy in the IT show. Really worth buying.
Tested it. GOOD
Tomorrow going to install outside corridor.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wanted to go just now at around 7pm but when i reach the road turning into expo, saw the long queue of cars just to turn in, i changed my mind.

wiscom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh this kinda of fair all fake one lah ...
i learnt my lesson last time went all the way down brave the crowd,
in the end i was told product out of stock there and the prices at the fair is the same as the one at the main outlet must go back to main ouet to buy ...

PROFILER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today some chick brushes her nehs very hard behind me while I looking and talking to salesman.

When I turn back, I realized an auntie was with her and both look like friends.

Of course I not stupid. First thing I check is my wallet and hp still with me.

Then I smiled at the chick. End of story. You guys get the story, right?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This IT show is Chapalan.
Telecom/Bank/insurance/vacuum cleaner/coffeemachine/....................................
No many buyer. All only walk walk c c.........
No news about record breaking sale.
The most sale will be from 3 telco.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERP Charge

This IT show is Chapalan.
Telecom/Bank/insurance/vacuum cleaner/coffeemachine/....................................
No many buyer. All only walk walk c c.........
No news about record breaking sale.
The most sale will be from 3 telco.

I have already given up a few exhibitions ago. PC Show, dono-what-show, etc. waste my time.

If you need to see it at Suntec City, you need to pay ERP first. So, ERP + Car Park Fee before you buy anything. Si bay ho. :mad:

Tadakatsu Honda

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SITEX attracts 800,000 visitors, S$40m in sales expected

By Sing Geok Shan | Posted: 25 November 2012 2315 hrs

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: The last mega IT fair of the year, SITEX, is estimated to have attracted 800,000 visitors over its four-day run.

Organisers say they expect to rake in some 40 to 45 million dollars at the end of the fair on Sunday.

Some of the eye-catching items at the fair included a robot that dances to "Gangnam style" and a "Tablet-Man" that collects wishes.

Also seen at the fair was a mobile phone that can be used as a hammer and submerged in water.

Four mega IT fairs have been held this year.

In total, the fairs are estimated to have generated visitorship of 3.25 million people and spending of S$247 million.

For the first time, SITEX hosted a tournament featuring 64 of the world's best gamers.

The gamers competed in the popular online games League of Legends and StarCraft II.

"This is something (that is the) first in Southeast Asia, and we are happy to host it and we want to promote this for future events as well," said Henry Chua, projects manager at Singex Exhibition Ventures. "Definitely, gaming is a growing trend right now."

- CNA/xq