• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies too focused on PMET jobs says economics professor

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reading all your comments, I propose a solution:

Impose uniform wage. Sinkies can stick to PMET jobs. Import angmors to collect rubbish and wash dirty dishes.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "trap" in peesai is manufactured by the pappies. If you work hard and study hard and get a PHD, yes in peesai you are up there. But these same people will be in for a rude shock overseas in Canada,NZ or OZ. Supply and demand is practiced in these cuntries. Once things get worst in peesai, you'll see more PHD taxi drivers.
Even if 50 percent of sinkees get Masters or PHds, will there be jobs for them that suit thir education in peesai? Someone still needs to take out the trash and drive taxis. But the downgrade in salary from a degree holder to a cook or garbage collector is drastic in peesai and will probably see more suicides in the future. Not so much in western cuntries as blue collar jobs are on par with white collar ones in terms of wages or even higher. A cook in OZ can earn as much as 70k a year, even after taxes it's still comparable to office worker type jobs. Office worker in peesai gets retrenched will die working as a cook in peesai.

One of the biggest misconception people still hold, is high educational qualifications equates high income. Likewise, people also assume highly intelligent people has higher educational qualifications and are richer.

That is absolutely not true. Our modern capitalist world will always reward people who has capital better than everybody else. Workers are nothing more than economic digits working for the benefit of those elite few. What workers are paid, is a function of demand and supply, how much people are willing to pay for what you do, and how easy is the supply.

Many years ago, those Microsoft Certified Professionals were paid very handsomely, some even got assured job offers before they graduate from college, simple because they earned the qualifications MCP / MCSE. But over the tech boom, millions of people flocked into this MCP / MCSE "craze" so much so there becomes an over supply of people with this toilet paper. So the mean and average pay of MCP has dropped tremendously. Now even my company's desktop support, has the qualifications and he doesn't drawing more than $2k pay.

It's all about demand and supply at the end of the day.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading all your comments, I propose a solution:

Impose uniform wage. Sinkies can stick to PMET jobs. Import angmors to collect rubbish and wash dirty dishes.

The question is, what level should uniform wage be set at?

$4k? $5k?

How do you justify a $4k pay for a security guard? Or a Mcdonald crew?

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in Toronto for about 30 years, and the following examples will support your comments:

1. First class police constables in Toronto earn about Cdn $80,000 a year, excluding overtime pay

2. Toronto Transit Commission bus drivers and subway operators start at about Cdn $23 an hour, and within 2 years they will earn about $26 to $29 an hour, with a very good pension and benefits package

3. Garbage truck drivers / collectors earn about Cdn $60,000 a year

4. School teachers earn about Cdn $80,000 a year, with one of the best pension plan in the country

5. Plumbers and other skilled tradesmen earn between $35 to $60 an hour, before overtime pay

6. Nurses earn between $30 to $42 an hour

In Singapore, they have practically infinite supply of cheapo foreign workers for such jobs, so nobody pays this kind of money for jobs you mentioned.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ze sinkie gahmen is 2 b bramed 4 tis mindset ...

dey like 2 make hifaluting claims dat sinkielan is ze management hub ...

wen last time dey hifaluting on sinkielan 2 b i t hub, dey arrogantly proclaimed dat i t coys set up their management hq in sinkielan ... all ze low-n i t jobs were 2 b done @ places like yindia ... (later it was proven ze reverse ... i t coys in yindia outsos their dirty work 2 sinkielan coys) ...