• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies own public hospitals an outstanding bill of $48m

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public hospitals owed $48 million in arrears in 2011

SINGAPORE: Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said Singapore's public hospitals were owed$48 million in arrears as at end 2011.

Mr Gan told Parliament on Tuesday that this accounted for 136,000 bills, outstanding for two months or more.

In a written reply, Mr Gan said 83 per cent of the outstanding bills were incurred by Singaporean patients.

He said a significant part of arrears are eventually recovered or paid over time, but a portion will still become bad debt and has to be written off.

In 2010, $37 million was written off - this was up from the $26 million written off the year before.

Mr Gan said hospitals will send patients a reminder if they do not settle their bills.

If there is no response, hospitals may refer the case to an authorised debt collection agency.

If a patient says that he or she has problems paying, the hospital will explore options for financial help such as instalment payments or Medifund assistance.

- CNA/de

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is small change compared to the Billions that the PAP Scums had spent on millitiary toys for their Paper Generals and Wayang Admirals.. And nor forgetting the millions lost by Ho Jinx.. The PAP Govt is rich enough after leeching Sinkies of their hard earned money over the deades.. Its time True Sinkies play them out.. PAP scums should instead chase after the PRs for the bills..

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sumpeople got hospital treatment and paid oni 8 dollars consider got outstanding bill anot?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A malaysian in Malaysia will not have to face money problems seeking medical care. In Singapore you have this money-faced PAP going after patient for money and even employed a 3rd-party runner to collect debt. If I were in parliament, I will ask Gan Bu how many old and poor patients were sued bankcrupt by PAP because they can't pay medical bill.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. i bet in no time, the nipppled cow would recommend sheep to sell blood to raise money to foot outstanding hosp bills.
3. 1 pint of blood for 8 bucks.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no need to pay them back as the government has elevated the fees so high..

the high fees already more than cover bad debts liao...........

by the way, how do one owe hospital fees in the 1st place ????

you mean operation already can don't pay ?

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article is toking cock. i dun tink the hospital will operate if they know you cant afford.
before hand, they sure will tell the patient next of kin about the cost and tell them get the money before operation.
summore debt written off? hahaha

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the high fees already more than cover bad debts liao...........

by the way, how do one owe hospital fees in the 1st place ????

You go to A & E for outpatient treatment... Then you see the doctor.. After seeing him, you go and collect your medicine.. When you are about to pay for the medication, tell the staff you got not enough money to pay.. The counter staff will say its ok.. And they will later post the bill to your home asking you to pay it.. Some people choose to ignore the payment letter.. Thats where the fun begins.. They'll keep on posting you reminder letters to settle your payment.. Usually A & E outpatient bills is around $70.. A lady working at CGH that I used to know told me this is how many people played out CGH in regards to their outpatient hospital bills..

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP eat shit. Spend $20b a year on defend/military. But cannot use 10% money from defend budget to provide cheap medical for all Singaporean.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't the word "Public Hospital" means its the government that is footing the bill? What a strange concept, paying in for a bill that is essentially government funded. Should change it to a Private hospital instead I suppose to avoid the confusion.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also dun think so easy to not pay for bills...
Means the patient hospitalized then time to check out he walk off himself?

It's quite easy. Unplug the drip (if you know how) go to toilet and change into civvy and walk off. If you're not on drip, that's even easier. That's why criminal patients must be handcuffed to bed. No need to check out as if in an airport queue checking for passport. Just walk out. But thereafeter, if your condition got worsened even till death, can't blame the doctor or hospital. But be sure you know how to extract a drip needle if you're on drip. It's a thick syringe needle about 3 inches long fully inserted into and planted in your veins attached to the drip pack, usually more than just one for different drips required. You miss or break one, you may get to see your maker sooner than you expect freedom from hospital.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's quite easy. Unplug the drip (if you know how) go to toilet and change into civvy and walk off. If you're not no drip, even easier. That's why criminal patients must be handcuffed to bed. No need to check out as if in an airport queue checking for passport. Just walk out. But thereafeter, if your condition got worsened even till death, can't blame the doctor or hospital.
then no medicine, cannot go back follow up checks.....dun play play with own health

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Doesn't the word "Public Hospital" means its the government that is footing the bill? What a strange concept, paying in for a bill that is essentially government funded. Should change it to a Private hospital instead I suppose to avoid the confusion.

I think you long time never read paper liao. They are called Restructured Hospitals liao. No longer public hospital. It is closer to semi-private hospital. In their B and A wards, they are not too far away from the lower tier of private hospital cost.