• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies dislike FTs. Do Sinkies love and care for each other in the first place?

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
The answer to the above subject is mostly NO.

So it's quite weird for sinkies to dislike FTs since generally sinkies are a kiasu and self-centered lot. Most sinkies only care for themselves, even when they care for other sinkies, it's only on a superficial level. I'm not talking about family members or relatives.. I mean towards friends and other non blood-related people.

Our every man for himself mentality starts from Pri school. It's common to see backstabbing, unhealthy competition among the students. And this undesirable phenomena persists through adulthood.

In the working world, it is common to find foreigners helping each other out. They cover each others' backs, give preferential treatment to their own countrymen. Do u find Sinkies helping Sinkies in the same way as FTs do in the workplace? Mostly NO.

I think these situations exist because our national identity is weak. And it is only going to get weaker due to the influx of FTs. Sinkies like to reply char kway tiao, nasi lemak whenever they are posed questions pertaining to our nationhood. We don't seem to have other stuff to say. This is lamentable.

Personally, I am neutral about FTs, I don't dislike or like them. It is better to judge a person based on his character, rather than the country he comes from. I urge everyone to adopt this attitude.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So it's quite weird for sinkies to dislike FTs since generally sinkies are a kiasu and self-centered lot. Most sinkies only care for themselves, even when they care for other sinkies, it's only on a superficial level. I'm not talking about family members or relatives.. I mean towards friends and other non blood-related people.

Our every man for himself mentality starts from Pri school. It's common to see backstabbing, unhealthy competition among the students. And this undesirable phenomena persists through adulthood.

In the working world, it is common to find foreigners helping each other out. They cover each others' backs, give preferential treatment to their own countrymen. Do u find Sinkies helping Sinkies in the same way as FTs do in the workplace? Mostly NO.

I think these situations exist because our national identity is weak. And it is only going to get weaker due to the influx of FTs. Sinkies like to reply char kway tiao, nasi lemak whenever they are posed questions pertaining to our nationhood. We don't seem to have other stuff to say. This is lamentable.

Personally, I am neutral about FTs, I don't dislike or like them. It is better to judge a person based on his character, rather than the country he comes from. I urge everyone to adopt this attitude.

I urge you to wake the fuck up and consider the insanity of having 5.5 million people living in an island nation of 710 sq km. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies are their own worst enemies.

The reason why Singapore is flooded with foreigners is because sinkies hire them instead of their fellow sinkies.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You never see in drama meh, this is call strategic flaming scheme. Sinkie join force to kickout FT, if successful, sinkie will join force among some sinkie to kickout other sinkie. This cycle repeats till the last sinkie stands :p:biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the saddest thing is u will even see this among families and relatives......the kiasuness and kiaseeness and kiaboness.sinkies are unable to care for others besides themselves.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our LEEder has set a very good example :rolleyes:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a1WhJKsYb50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do sinkies shit in public? Do sinkies chop people up to fit into suitcases. There are animals . And then there's foreign talent

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the saddest thing is u will even see this among families and relatives......the kiasuness and kiaseeness and kiaboness.sinkies are unable to care for others besides themselves.

Tonychat, again this is none of your business. Just fuck home to jiu hu!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am against the FT policy but I agree with you on what you said about Singaporean don't help out each other. All very fast to side with foreigners as long as something at stake.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
We sinkies are friendly people, we like to take care of our FTs' / neighbors' pretty daughters.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the beginning sinkies lived in kampong, they took care of each other and could even leave their doors opened without fear, kampong spirit prevailed.

HDB changed all that...sinkie began to live behind closed doors and solid metal gates.
Some don't even know who their neighbour is. They have perfected the art of 'Mind your own business'.

Then came the foreign trash...sinkies began to feel intruded and uncomfortable with all the social ills they brought.

Come 2016 we shall see whether sinkies love and care for each other.

Ts, you have mistaken, sinkies do not hate FTs they hate the one who brought them in indiscriminately with ulterior motive.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the beginning sinkies lived in kampong, they took care of each other and could even leave their doors opened without fear, kampong spirit prevailed.

HDB changed all that...

not true. ever since coolies settled in sg, riots started. the earliest riot recorded in sg is in 1854 between the hokkiens and teochews. i'm sure malay natives had been fighting among themselves before anybody else arrived, but they were not as serious to warrant recording as when tiongs arrived in 1826.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots_in_Singapore

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only one riot in a hundred years.....im pretty sure that was just a native squabble over who gets to use the only toilet brush available on the island.

not true. ever since coolies settled in sg, riots started. the earliest riot recorded in sg is in 1854 between the hokkiens and teochews. i'm sure malay natives had been fighting among themselves before anybody else arrived, but they were not as serious to warrant recording as when tiongs arrived in 1826.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots_in_Singapore

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You typify the sinkee "kiasu and self-centered" mindset. How can you not be upset with foreigners who are taking good paying jobs from your countrymen?