• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkhole labelled as Pothole - Why is the FAP So Afraid of Telling the Truth?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. just be patient mah:biggrin:
3. another pothole aka sinkinghole or just hole shall emerge again.
4. when something goes into it big time!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS,

To the PAP, everything is 100 times smaller esp feedback, except for their salaries which go north 100x.

Only hear the good stuff!

Last edited:

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does a sinkhole form? "Cover-collapse" sinkholes occur when groundwater causes underground gaps that grow so big the ground above can’t support them.
Water from a ruptured underground waterpipe can have the same effect.

It is a loss of groundwater, creating an empty space underneath and the soil loses pressure.

Waterpipe is constantly under high pressure. The effect is different.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nonsense. Service detection is mandatory if you want to carry out any earthworks in SG. This rule is very strictly enforced. I know that from personal experience.

And touching the concrete aka surface will not cause sinkholes...

Nonsense. You are talking rubber stamping exercises. The rules are weakly enforced. It is finger-pointing routine and downstreaming the blame. I know that from personal experience. And when I say concrete, I do not mean roads only I mean buildings and structures as well. You see more concrete roads in Shanghai than Singapore.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a loss of groundwater, creating an empty space underneath and the soil loses pressure.

Depending on the nature of what lies underneath, the reasons can differ. You can also have chemical reaction from the materials compacted below that cause gaps. In structures, water into rebar can cause chemical reaction bursting concrete from within through expansion. You cannot tel without testing. Singapore is no class and does very little testing. Wayang number talk big. Tests cause money. We are bangla standard. So the peppertail lies or is farting like the QS in Singapore doing spreadsheet addition with no regard to material strength and applicability. Stupidity by people in Singapore in construction here talking about how great their procedures on paper with understanding and doing proper empirical studies is the norm here. Now Singapore is behind the world that China does not need nor want Singapore claimed expertise for construction in China. In fact, they lost this need more than 6 years ago. Back then they were just politie.

BTW, I have done and seen inspections of international standards. Here is fail. We also use galvanized steel over stainless steel hire to save costs when the architect and civil engineers have already stipulated the risks involved on the specs. The galvanize steel here are dipped and left in rainwater to collect rust till it looks like rusted rebar and recycled rebar is used for structures when this is disallowed. But Leegime and their dogs will hide behind their nonsensical high standards of checking which is like the standards of Mas Selamat and CPIB. Our hygiene at hawker centres are super bad where it is better to eat from the flow than the table as the same cloth which is not disinfected is used to wipe the table the whole. Bacteria count is phenomenon. Bacteria culture growth conditions are super optimum with oxygen, water, and physical action as well as our tropical temperatiure. All textbook and easy experiment exercises. NEA first class? Look at our Shop and Save, NTUC and Seng Shiong. Blood pools in the chilled meat tray leaking from blood filled meat bags. Do you see that at Li Kashing's cold storage? You show me one first world country that accepts such standards with lawsuits. Sure, Leegime dogs will say nonsense, everything is tested to worldclass standards like Mas Selamat. Also, most vegetables here are laden with pesticides too. Unscruplous merchants spike newspapers with pesticide after veggies clear customs. AVA say I don't know not my high standards of checking anymore. You tell me.

Last edited:

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
my definition of a pothole. if you can drive away after going onto it.

and sinkiehole. you are stuck in this shittyland after you go into it and cannot get out.

agree?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

The effect of soil being removed, leaving an empty space aka hole is the same.

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
The effect of soil being removed, leaving an empty space aka hole is the same.

Sinkhole caused by ruptured waterpipe will look like this.

630sinkhole.jpg

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/car-falls-man-made-sinkhole-080059506.html

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense. You are talking rubber stamping exercises. The rules are weakly enforced. It is finger-pointing routine and downstreaming the blame. I know that from personal experience. And when I say concrete, I do not mean roads only I mean buildings and structures as well. You see more concrete roads in Shanghai than Singapore.

We would see many many more incidents with underground services damaged by excavations if the rules were as weakly enforced as you claim. It is not just rubber stamping.
If there is one thing that the Singapore contractor fears its having his jobsite delayed or stopped because the excavator damaged a cable or pipe. The fines are very high.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We would see many many more incidents with underground services damaged by excavations if the rules were as weakly enforced as you claim. It is not just rubber stamping.
If there is one thing that the Singapore contractor fears its having his jobsite delayed or stopped because the excavator damaged a cable or pipe. The fines are very high.

If you are familiar, you should know how the PE system is abused. 65 yeard PEs are used to endorse highly contentious projects, which I know I few. They sign off knowing they are so old sure no caning or lighter sentence. Early PE standards are very low. Also to sign a piece of rubber stamp paper can cost 800SGD just to certify obvious things that need not get certified like put a 50kg safe on steel plate in the office. The high fines are just loud air noise. Do you think the Nicoll Highway crash was not known before the incident? Do you think the MRT problems were unknown till today? All necessary voices were raised but our high and mighty LTA bo huey. You can bury paperwork, you cannot bury engineering science.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are familiar, you should know how the PE system is abused. 65 yeard PEs are used to endorse highly contentious projects, which I know I few. They sign off knowing they are so old sure no caning or lighter sentence. Early PE standards are very low. Also to sign a piece of rubber stamp paper can cost 800SGD just to certify obvious things that need not get certified like put a 50kg safe on steel plate in the office. The high fines are just loud air noise. Do you think the Nicoll Highway crash was not known before the incident? Do you think the MRT problems were unknown till today? All necessary voices were raised but our high and mighty LTA bo huey. You can bury paperwork, you cannot bury engineering science.

You don't need PE endorsements for underground service detection.

Last edited: