• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingTel charges user $4 for 'free' BPL video service

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check your bills carefully: SingTel charges user $4 for 'free' BPL video service
Posted on 25 Jan 2011
check_your_bills_carefully_singtel_charges_user_4-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Bernard was upset when he found out that he had to pay $4 just by viewing an SMS from SingTel for a free Barclays Premier League video service. SingTel, however, has waived the charge after a complaint by the STOMPer.

STOMPer Bernard said in his email to STOMP:

"I received an SMS from SingTel about two weeks ago.

"Though I can't remember exactly what the message was, it was something like a free service to watch BPL on the mobile phone.

"Being curious and since it was free, I went to take a look.

"I realised it was a mobile TV programme to watch football.

"Since I have no interest in football, I was out of that page in less than one minute and totally forgot about it until I received my bill today.

"I was actually billed $4.03 just to subscribe to this service which I did not request for nor need.

"I called up SingTel and asked about the charges and was told that I was charged because I clicked on the SMS.

"The SingTel staff agreed to waive off this charge. What irks me is, how can such a big company stoop so low to earn extra money?

"I understand that SingTel is just billing on behalf of ST- OrangeGum, but why would SingTel help others to earn such money?

"I urge all of you who use SingTel to check your bill before paying blindly -- you might be paying for things which you do not want or need."