• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Single, jobless for 6 months and driving taxi as a temporary resort

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Gilbert

Firstly with great respect putting yourself on the line for providing volunteer support to the uninitiated employed.

As I read about the articles, a lot of the unemployment cases are related to ageism which is common in most parts of developed world eg USA, Britain where skills will also often mismatch.

I myself is also prepared for joblessness when I reach 40, that’s why I enrolled as a Taxi vocational license holder 5 years ago of which I’m glad I’ve done. I can use that as an emergency like I am doing now.

I’m single and unemployed for 6 months.

I treat it as a rough patch and that unemployment comes and goes and can never be forever.

Timing is especially key.

If plenty of people are applying for one type of job, it is peak period, which is never good when you are looking for jobs.

I’m now looking for any part time job that is available, but these jobs do not pay the $3.3k I was previously drawing, even though I’m willing to have a lesser pay.

Question is why do these part time jobs unwilling to take in candidates who are willing to be paid lesser than their previous pay?

PS: I also realise after being unemployed the 1st time, the 2nd and 3rd time you’re more well prepared, for example, housing can be rented out to buffer cash flow until a job is found, meantime, getting part time work is also a good temp measure.

Philip

http://www.transitioning.org/2017/1...onths-and-driving-taxi-as-a-temporary-resort/