• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's hidden history

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without making light of the incident/era and the people associated with them, here are some perspectives.

The search for Singapore war hero is closely tied with the politics of this country. It does show that we are still in this bind.

If you know the details or followed history, Lim Bo Seng was a patriot and did what many did during the era. Unfortunately he was captured and executed before he could even carry his first operation. The British led the mission with a number of locals as well a Chinese raised and brought up in Scotland. Lim did the recruitment of some men and was their nominal leader but not the functional leader. The men from Force 136 however did some remarkable things and they are truly are war heros.

The true war hero
was Lt Adnan of the Malay regiment who fought valiantly at Pasir Panjang Ridge. Unfortunately he is of the wrong colour and politically not in the zone.

What sort of crap are you typing here?

Who's the true war hero?

What do you mean by "true" war hero?

So i guess lim bo seng is a fake war hero or is that what you're implying?

Pls moron who's belitting Lt adnan all simply cos he wasn't chinese? What made you come up with this conjecture? :rolleyes:

In short stop making up BS allegiations.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
dental_clinic_1952_nas.jpg

Let me guess, this is the govt. dental clinic at Pegu Road.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This brings back scary memories. I lived near to the crime scene and was actually quite close by when the crime was committed. For a few days I wasn't allowed out of the house other than to go to school. My parents still had memories of the Konfrontasi which had ended not too long before.

I recall news reports saying she was shot by a .22 calibre weapon - it did not say if it was a rifle round (with a higher powder load) or a pistol type round. In fact, I do not know of any high powered .22 rifle. The closest to that calibre is of course the NATO 5.56.

I know this area, my aunt used to live there. The news reports were just a cover up. Itsnot possible for the calibre to be a .22. The .22 just does not have the range or the killing power, nor the accuracy. The 5.56 is possible but again, not likely. The range of the shot indicates only a 7.62mm or up could be the cause. Anyway, that is just my opinion.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Without making light of the incident/era and the people associated with them, here are some perspectives.

The search for Singapore war hero is closely tied with the politics of this country. It does show that we are still in this bind.

If you know the details or followed history, Lim Bo Seng was a patriot and did what many did during the era. Unfortunately he was captured and executed before he could even carry his first operation. The British led the mission with a number of locals as well a Chinese raised and brought up in Scotland. Lim did the recruitment of some men and was their nominal leader but not the functional leader. The men from Force 136 however did some remarkable things and they are truly are war heros.

The true war hero was Lt Adnan of the Malay regiment who fought valiantly at Pasir Panjang Ridge. Unfortunately he is of the wrong colour and politically not in the zone.

There has been many attempts by the Govt and SAF to build up the Lim Bo Seng story and convert it into a book. Every attempt has failed as he died before getting into action. They finally relented and came up with a cartoon book. Cartoons after all takes up ample pages and even then it was a thin book. It was drummed up and was pushed thru many stores for years.

2nd Lt Tay is another unfortunate incident and our unending quest to find a genuine hero. He was in charge and he failed to determine if everyone has completed the dummy grenade training. He placed all his men in danger as a result. Though he made amends by his act. Lets face it if he did not die or was not injured, he would have charges of putting his men in danger. Similar incidents have happened over the years and the trainers and officers have faced charges.

I have not elaborated about Lt Adnan, his tenacity, what the Japs did and why the Japanese massacre at Alexandra Hospital is linked to Adnan and his men. It best that people do the research and find out for themselves.

The Govt finally relented after pressure from an unlikely quarter and they did something low key in order no to disrupt the Lim Bo Seng hype but it was meaningful. A small museum was finally put on site but 99.999999% of Singaporeans have no clue it exist. it was done couple of years ago.

If after 51 years of PAP rule and the Rajaratnam's pledge, we still can't seem to unite as a country.

Scroobal, u have to see where this article originated from. None other than Ho Shu Huang, the worse so called military expert/analysis at RSIS. This moron's drivel is frequently quoted by the Shit Times, and other PAP organs due to his ability to brown his nose in someone's asshole. He knows shit all. Simple common sense would indicate that Maj Lim is a war hero because he died in an actual war. He was captured by the enemy and executed. Lt. tay died in a training accident during peacetime. The hand grenade did not capture him torture him and than kill him. He died essentially of his own hand.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are referring to Gene Koh who was murdered for his red MG by Freddy Tan. Gene was son of millionaire contractor Koh Bok Tai. Sad story. Freddy Tan was sentenced to life for it. The father was so greatful that he left soft drinks at his guardhouse for coppers who wanted refreshments during their patrols along Pierce Road.

Boss, can you recall that murder case involving one Mr Jeffrey Khor Thiam Leng at the Seaview Hotel off Amber Rd, Katong where he used a kitchen chopper
to slash a SQ air-steward to death?

Jeffrey Khor's cousin is lawyer Khor Thiam Beng who helped to persuade David Marshal to defend him and after a lengthy trial, he was acquitted on grounds of
self defence.

A decade later J K who became a multi-millionaire through his connections with Robin Loh was gunned down in his bungalow at Jalan Tempua off Kheam Hock Rd.

He got shot five times at point blank on his face, stomach and thigh. He was in a coma for three weeks, but he miraculously survived the attack.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hidden History : 2SIR caught in ambush 1965 - 9 dead

During the Indonesian Confrontation in Nov 1964, Indonesian infiltrators were reported to have landed on the south eastern coast of Johore. 2 SIR was called to patrol the Kota Tinggi area. Unfortunately on 28 Feb 1965, the infiltrators ambushed a platoon. This resulted in nine dead and five wounded among the SIR soldiers. The news was reported by the Staits Times only on 4 March 1965.....

artclesirambush2sir.png

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hidden History : 2 SIR fights back

Having seen their comrades shot in cold blood and their penises cut and shoved into their mouths, the men of 2 SIR went all out to regain their honour. Legend has it that they were told not to take prisoners...!! :eek:

1apr65jpg.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, unfortunately not. This is a complete blank.

Boss, can you recall that murder case involving one Mr Jeffrey Khor Thiam Leng at the Seaview Hotel off Amber Rd, Katong where he used a kitchen chopper
to slash a SQ air-steward to death?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is something interesting about the country's criminal law history. The 4 most famous men of Singapore Criminal Law were as follows and they are best known for representing their arm of criminal. One a judge, one a PP, one a defence counsel and one a =criminal and they were all best at it.
1) Justice Choor Singh - known as the hanging judge and undoubtedly the most feared judge.
2) Francis Seow - Best known public prosecutor after Pulau Senang, Chia Thye Poh & Sunny Ang
3) David Marshall - Best known crimninal defence lawyer
4) Sunny Ang - Best Criminal

Can anyone do the connections between all 4 figures as they all met in their official capacity. If ever it is truly a hidden history.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is something interesting about the country's criminal law history. The 4 most famous men of Singapore Criminal Law were as follows and they are best known for representing their arm of criminal. One a judge, one a PP, one a defence counsel and one a =criminal and they were all best at it.
1) Justice Choor Singh - known as the hanging judge and undoubtedly the most feared judge.
2) Francis Seow - Best known public prosecutor after Pulau Senang, Chia Thye Poh & Sunny Ang

Can anyone do the connections between all 4 figures as they all met in their official capacity. If ever it is truly a hidden history.

Is this a test? If you know pls share don't keep us in suspence

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any juicy stories on ex-CAD director Glenn Knight? In normal circumstances, he would be retired in public interest or instructed to resign from the Legal Service. Instead, he was charged in court - fined and incarcerated. Shanmugam was his lawyer.

Heard it was Ng Ser Miang who reported him to the authorities. NSM is related to the "royal" family, I was told.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was Lt Tay's grenade incident happened in June,1970. I cant remember the name. But I was one of the few soldiers never got the chance of throwing a live grenade. About one to two weeks before the incident, the live grenade exercise was cancelled.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were all protagonists in the same trial.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was Lt Tay's grenade incident happened in June,1970. I cant remember the name. But I was one of the few soldiers never got the chance of throwing a live grenade. About one to two weeks before the incident, the live grenade exercise was cancelled.

About the grenade incident what i read about the damage makes the grenade seem rather weak. Not that i'm an expert on military explosives but i was told in BMT that the grenade is an extremely powerful weapon that can heavily damage armored vehicles is this correct? The explosion was also so loud. Like thunder. We went in 1 by 1 and it was a great distance from the grenade throwing area and we could still hear it and it was like a great roaring thunder. The explosion must be very powerful.

Perhaps the grenades used in the late 90s were much much more powerful compared to the grenades in the 70s.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not the loudness but more the shrapnel dispersed when the grenade explode. There are different types of hand grenades in use by armies, but in this exercise, it was the fragmentation grenade. This explode and the wound metal strips around the explosive break into fragments that spin and penetrate into the bodies. By holding the grenade close and behind his body, the recruit was saved by Lt. Tay's body which took the full might of the blast and the fragments. Half of Lt. Tay's body was gone and he expired, and his last words to those at the scene was, "It is so painful."

He was not a hero, but a victim of circumstances and maybe a little foolish as he could be alive by throwing the grenade as soon as possible, instead of taking the time to scold the recruit. Instructors were also trained to run on the other side of the shelter should a trainee throw the hand grenade accidentally next to them. Shit happens when least expected.

About the grenade incident what i read about the damage makes the grenade seem rather weak. Not that i'm an expert on military explosives but i was told in BMT that the grenade is an extremely powerful weapon that can heavily damage armored vehicles is this correct? The explosion was also so loud. Like thunder. We went in 1 by 1 and it was a great distance from the grenade throwing area and we could still hear it and it was like a great roaring thunder. The explosion must be very powerful.

Perhaps the grenades used in the late 90s were much much more powerful compared to the grenades in the 70s.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not the loudness but more the shrapnel dispersed when the grenade explode.

Grenades can be used to destroy vehicles right? A jeep would be unable to function after being damaged by a grenade?

Anyway there's a video on a recruit and his pc in china where he actually dropped the grenade near his body but the quick thinking pc pulled him away before the blast could kill them both.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A fragmentation grenade can do little harm to a tank, but it may cause a little damage if an exposed vulnerable part gets the full blast, but never be able to penetrate the armor and hurt the occupants. Jeeps are more vulnerable and likely to received damage but that depends very much where it landed. Tires are pretty soft targets.

Grenades can be used to destroy vehicles right? A jeep would be unable to function after being damaged by a grenade?

Anyway there's a video on a recruit and his pc in china where he actually dropped the grenade near his body but the quick thinking pc pulled him away before the blast could kill them both.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hidden History: 1988- Most wanted Gunman gunned down at Clementi

Proxy.png

Lim Keng Peng @ AH HUAT became Singapore's most wanted man after he cold-bloodedly shot dead a restaurant owner and a police detective.

He was traced to a coffeeshop in Clementi where he was himself gunned down in a hail of police bullets from weapons including an Uzi submachine gun.
:biggrin:

ahhuatkilled.jpg

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was not established that he was responsible for the River Valley Chicken restaurant owner's murder till after his assassination. He was arrowed from the palm print of a motorcycle left at the scene.

If I recalled correctly, once you shoot a cop dead in Singapore, there are usually no trial endings. Still Road off duty unarmed cop interceding in a road rage car/bus incident for example.