• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's hidden history

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The_Hypocrite said:
Hey, does any one know what happen to Ah Chan? And how to get his shows now ah?

I heard at one time he was so pok kai that he became a hawker in Malaysia and in some recent years has some acting parts.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
P Ramlee entertains Singapore troops at front

The 1st Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment (1 SIR) was formed in March 12, 1957 against the backdrop of self-government for Singapore. Recruitment began on 4 March 1957 with only Singapore citizens and persons born and bred in Singapore were recruited. Out of a total of 1,420 applicants, 237 were initially accepted for training.

For two years between 1963 and 1965, Singapore was part of Malaysia, and the regiment was renamed the Malaysian Infantry Regiment. Both battalions saw service in the Confrontation, with 1 SIR posted to Sebatik Island in Sabah and 2 SIR to Labis, Johor.

P Ramlee and Saloma actually visited our troops at the front at Sebatik Island to entertain them... much like Bob Hope entertaining Allied troops in WW2.....

422237_189902771141662_1449442432_n.jpg

They deserve medals from the SAF....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard at one time he was so pok kai that he became a hawker in Malaysia and in some recent years has some acting parts.

He lost big doing business in china.
In Malaysia had a stall selling canton style roast meats.
Classic line then when interviewed then the media....he said worst case scenario when all else failed he will join sinkieland TV station....it was actually an insult.

Last edited:

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hidden History - Lee Kuan Yew's grandparents

LKY's grandfather father Lee Hoon Leong possessed power of attorney over the concerns of Sugar King Oei Tiong Ham. His maternal grandfather owned the former Katong market, rubber estates at Chai Chee and a row of houses next to the Thai embassy in Orchard Road.

Old rich......

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read on wikipedia that he has his own organic farm in guandong province..doing well now...good on him.

He lost big doing business in china.
In Malaysia had a stall selling canton style roast meats.
Classic line then when interviewed then the media....he said worst case scenario when all else failed he will join sinkieland TV station....it was actually an insult.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hidden History - Lee Kuan Yew's grandparents

LKY's grandfather father Lee Hoon Leong possessed power of attorney over the concerns of Sugar King Oei Tiong Ham. His maternal grandfather owned the former Katong market, rubber estates at Chai Chee and a row of houses next to the Thai embassy in Orchard Road.

Old rich......

LKY grandfather grave at bukit brown. go ask those working there, they will know. its a cantonese style grave. on a slope near the first junction.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hills 265 and 180

Did you train at Hill 265? Charged this hill? Crazy isn't it?

[video=youtube;Wwmi-li0qNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwmi-li0qNQ[/video]

V2001e.jpg

There were strange V-shaped pits dug into their hillsides. Some people say these are specially constructed pits for V-200s .......

Those were the days...... Hill 265 is probably somewhere lost in Woodlands New Town today......

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hills 265 and 180

Those were the days...... Hill 265 is probably somewhere lost in Woodlands New Town today......

#265 is off mandai rd; hill near woodlands new town is probably #168

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hills 265 and 180

#265 is off mandai rd; hill near woodlands new town is probably #168 and #131

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
All details kept in a safe. When I am gone, a mini earthquake will take place in S'pore to celebrate my death.

no lah, think when you up lorry, who ever take procession of your safe will not dare to open it,
why troubles trouble...when trouble dun troubles him?.. :biggrin:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
For this one I saw my neighbor's son penis shrank so the mother use chopsticks to cramp on the penis to stop the shrank. rumour said man eaten pork makes the penis shrank.

Singapore's hidden history : The Great Koro Epidemic of 1967

Forty-three years ago, a strange series of events unfolded on the island of Singapore. Hundreds of men rushed to the hospitals of the island with the terrifying belief that their penises were shrinking. Each feared that if his penis shrank away completely, he would die. Some came with lucky red strings tightly wrapped around their penises to prevent the lethal disappearance. Others had clamps holding their wayward organs in place. Most often it was a firm grasp of a hand, their own or a frightened family member’s, that prevented the shrinking penis from slipping away and taking their life with it. Oddly enough, about a dozen women also fell victim to the panic. This was the Great Singapore Penis Panic, or what doctors refer to as an epidemic of the psychiatric condition called Koro.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This strange penis attack is now recorded in a book : The Great Singapore Penis Panic and the Future of American Mass Hysteria. Available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Singapore-Future-American-Hysteria-ebook/dp/B004BLK482

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Christmas Island - Singapore's hidden history

Any info about Christmas Island ?
Singapore was it's sovereign ruler before being offered on a silver platter to the Aussies ?
£2.9 million in 1957 is no small sum. Wonder who pocketed the moolah ?

Don't be stupid. If the British put Christmas Island under Singapore's rule, Indonesia will annex it in no time just as they annexed East Timor and Irian Jaya.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For this one I saw my neighbor's son penis shrank so the mother use chopsticks to cramp on the penis to stop the shrank. rumour said man eaten pork makes the penis shrank.

according to old ladies including my mom in sg, blowing through the top tier glass which could be detached from the vintage hurricane lamp below was "effective" in mitigating penile shrinkage. :o

image.jpg

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Australia has open its doors to boat people and look at them coming by the boat loads,,costing a bomb in welfare and denying local Australians welfare and taxing the middle class to support these 'illegals'. Under John Howard, the than government made it hard to get residency,,and the boats hardly came...if the Australians just say, all illegals will be deported and will no longer accept asylum seekers but skilled migrants,,,u think those illegals will dare to go Australia?

Look back at Singapore, if Singapore accept the Vn boat people,,,we will be flooded,,,a signal has to be sent that if u are an illegal u are not wanted...but as I said earlier, Singapore has made amends to the Viets as they are now here legally,,,can come as often as they want...and they are flooding singapore...

When a Govt is feeble, foreigners will exploit such weakness. Since the papees have not declared publicly that all foreigners who commit offences in sinkie land will be punished and deported as well, many of them were daring to commit all kinds of indictable crimes like contraband smuggling, vice activities, cheating GST refunds, etc.

When sinkies criticised the foreigners, the MIW, including the PM himslef, said sinkies were xenophobic. What did they expect sinkies to do?
Stand idly by and let the foriengers run wild in the country and create chaos?

Mass immigration of foreigners into this tiny island is a big mistake but how to back track? LKY could not even find the answer.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4365322950_780008b4e9_o.jpg

We relied on Green Bus No 175 to get to SAFTI.....

This pic was taken along Bukit Timah Road, outside ChunTin Road, next to the Beauty World and Chung Khiaw Bank across the canal. Bus stops at Rex theatre and 7th mile village were always full of NS men ....

During my time serving NS, I also took bus No. 175 from Selegie Raod, to SAFTI, at Pasir Laba Road.
When I went to OCS, a platoon mate, who graduated from the Singapore Polytechnic, often gave me a ride from Lower Delta Road to SAFTI, on Sunday evenings.