• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans living JB "Prohibited Immigrants" and barred from entry.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if JB immigration have that chick to question Singaporean going in, tell them, it is Malaysian that should stay away from our LAND....

Sinkies only dare to bully their own citizens...take down counter staff names and write in to complain. But when sinkies in foreign land, they behave so timid. So i doubt any sinkies have the balls to say such to JB immigration officers.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does this mean that they have a plan to clamp down on singaporeans staying in jb? For those with houses, what are your plans?

As for those who are renting, please also share your plans.

I am only renting a house at east ledang but with Dr M's hostile attitude towards foreigners, I am still wondering whether to buy a house in JB eventually or not.

I can share my experience with regard to the MAC thingy. I didn't bother to apply for MAC until a few months ago. During the period when my entire family and me were without the MAC, we would only exit close to 30 days and return to jb on the same day. Everything went well for the first few months until we were questioned twice for our 'long' stay of 28 days or so. Once an immigration officer refused to let me enter JB cos he said that the law had required me to stay in spore for at least one week and I could only stay for three weeks in Msia. I had to resort to tears before he changed his mind and let me enter JB.

Becos of the above incident, I shortened our duration of stay to three weeks and still kena being questioned once or twice. Subsequently, I shortened our stay to two weeks and there was no questioning. Now with the MAC thingy, everything is a breeze. Once our MACS expire next year, we may have to move back to spore if we are no longer welcomed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am only renting a house at east ledang but with Dr M's hostile attitude towards foreigners, I am still wondering whether to buy a house in JB eventually or not.

I can share my experience with regard to the MAC thingy. I didn't bother to apply for MAC until a few months ago. During the period when my entire family and me were without the MAC, we would only exit close to 30 days and return to jb on the same day. Everything went well for the first few months until we were questioned twice for our 'long' stay of 28 days or so. Once an immigration officer refused to let me enter JB cos he said that the law had required me to stay in spore for at least one week and I could only stay for three weeks in Msia. I had to resort to tears before he changed his mind and let me enter JB.

Becos of the above incident, I shortened our duration of stay to three weeks and still kena being questioned once or twice. Subsequently, I shortened our stay to two weeks and there was no questioning. Now with the MAC thingy, everything is a breeze. Once our MACS expire next year, we may have to move back to spore if we are no longer welcomed.

Be thankful. Mudland is so lenient. Friend got banned from US for life because he visited US more than 6 months in a year.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be thankful. Mudland is so lenient. Friend got banned from US for life because he visited US more than 6 months in a year.

Goodness gracious. Do I sound unthankful? I am thankful for adverse and good things that come my way.

My close frens all know I am happy living in Msia but not in that pseudo-democratic sinkieland. Some of them even called me a Msian.

The only issue I have is that Msians are allowed to practise in my profession in sinkieland whereas sporeans are not allowed to do the same in Msia so a search for alternatives may ensue.

I can't comment on your fren's case unless I have all the pertinent facts. Perhaps there are some other contributing factors which we are not aware of.

Hmmm immigration law sounds interesting... perhaps I can consider this area.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
S’porean claims JB CIQ officer tore his passport, denied entry to M’sia without kopi money.

A summary of what happened
It’s a very long post, so here’s a summary of what happened, according to Fauzi’s account:

Fauzi arrived at Malaysian CIQ after Tuas Second Link at 11.30pm on September 24 on his way home (he stays in Malaysia).
At the CIQ, the officer questioned Fauzi about the marks on his passport and why he was entering Malaysia so late at night.
The CIQ officer told him that he had to return to Singapore because his passport was torn. The officer also said, “Unless you’re Malaysian, I can’t allow you to pass through but right now that passport is torn and it is illegal.”
Fauzi claims that his passport was “perfectly fine” before it was handed to the CIQ officer.
He demanded to see a CIQ supervisor but the officer declined and instead brought him to a corner where he allegedly insinuated that this problem would go away with a small bribe.

“I can help you….but you need to help me too”
According to Fauzi, this was the conversation that took place:

JB CIQ officer: “Bro, I can help you pass through and let you see your wife but if I help you, you need to help me too.”

Fauzi: “What do you need me to help you with?”

JB CIQ officer: “Ouh, like this also need me to spell it out and teach you?”

Fauzi: “Oh so you want money? Money in your pocket will let me through?”

JB CIQ Officer: “Ahh smart boy.”

Fauzi then told the CIQ officer that he would bring the torn passport back to Singapore. The CIQ officer allegedly smiled and told him to make a new passport before he could go return to his home (in Malaysia).

Fauzi went back to speak to Singapore’s Immigrations and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) officers at Tuas where he allegedly found out that he wasn’t the first guy who experienced this. He was also advised to lodge a police report.

Fauzi added in the comment section that he personally saw the CIQ officer “using his palm to forcefully tear” his passport. Fauzi also claimed that he was warned against sharing the officer’s name and photo online as there will be “consequences”.

Even their same race, they also want to tekan. Looks like it's going to get even more nasty with this new government.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S’porean claims JB CIQ officer tore his passport, denied entry to M’sia without kopi money.

Even their same race, they also want to tekan. Looks like it's going to get even more nasty with this new government.

U are right! I am a Malay. I was once ticked off by a tudung mina when i requested nicely to have my passport chop in a used page with space, if possible. Not only was she rude. She deliberately endorsed the arrival chop in the centre of a new page!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U can still purchase a house and apply for MM2H.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are right! I am a Malay. I was once ticked off by a tudung mina when i requested nicely to have my passport chop in a used page with space, if possible. Not only was she rude. She deliberately endorsed the arrival chop in the centre of a new page!

Oh I used to think that they will be nice if you are polite. I am always polite to them. Maybe things will be worse now under Dr M. *shrug*

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well if things worsen in Msia under Dr M, I dunno about you guys but I will have to seriously consider emigration. Probably will have to do a law conversion course liao. :roflmao:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is still hope for some. I suggest check the mm2h requirements in greater details.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/terms-conditions

UPON APPROVAL
Icon 08

(A) Aged Below 50 years old

Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00

After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM150,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

Must maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000.00 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement of RM300,000 to RM150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.

(B) Aged 50 years and above

Can either choose to:
Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00 ; OR
Show proof of receiving pension from government RM10,000 per month

After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement of RM150,000 to RM 100,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
Icon 09
Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.

Upon application:

Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 500,000.

Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government RM 10,000 per month.

Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Migrate to where?

Dunno yet. One of my gfs is relocating to Chiangmai. She said Thailand is safer than Malaysia. Heard many sinkies and foreigners have moved from spore to there.

I still prefer JB cos nearer to Spore where my siblings are. However, they intend to move to Canada in future. I may consider that too but jobs will be scarce there.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunno yet. One of my gfs is relocating to Chiangmai. She said Thailand is safer than Malaysia. Heard many sinkies and foreigners have moved from spore to there.

I still prefer JB cos nearer to Spore where my siblings are. However, they intend to move to Canada in future. I may consider that too but jobs will be scarce there.

If u are willing to apply for MM2H it should be safe, imo. No worry abt overstaying. Work in Sinkieland, live in Bolehland. :tongue:

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u are willing to apply for MM2H it should be safe, imo. No worry abt overstaying. Work in Sinkieland, live in Bolehland. :tongue:

The problem is I am reluctant to do so. Alternatively, I wait until I age further. I thought the amount is much less if the applicant is 60 years old and above. :roflmao::mad::rolleyes:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am 50 and above and have offshore income more than 10000RM per month, do I still have to put a RM150,000.00 deposit??
There is still hope for some. I suggest check the mm2h requirements in greater details.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/terms-conditions
'.....

Can either choose to:

After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government RM 10,000 per month.

Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am 50 and above and have offshore income more than 10000RM per month, do I still have to put a RM150,000.00 deposit??

Based on the stipulated requirements(please see my post on Wednesday above or visit mm2h website), the deposit seems a must though partially withdrawable after first year.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is I am reluctant to do so. Alternatively, I wait until I age further. I thought the amount is much less if the applicant is 60 years old and above. :roflmao::mad::rolleyes:

Indeed from the stated requirement, deposit for approved applicant aged 50 or above is 150,000 rm, with upto 50k withdrawable with conditions after first year.

"

Can either choose to:

After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes."